(Note: Karma can also be used for personal shrine powers if you are in an order. See HELP SHRINES.)
- Karma Cost: 0
- See your karma status and any blessings or curses upon you.
KARMA BLESSING <type>
- Karma Cost: 50
- Gain a karmic blessing while standing before a Great Seal.
KARMA BURN <type>
- Karma Cost: 0
- Remove a karmic blessing while standing before a Great Seal.
KARMA CONSIDER <type> <target>
- Karma Cost: 0
- Find out how much karma it costs to curse someone, and how much karma
they will initially need to lift that curse.
KARMA CURSE <type> <target>
- Karma Cost: *Special. See below.
- Invoke a karmic curse on a suspect while standing before a Great
KARMA LIFT <type>
- Karma Cost:*Special. See below.
- Remove a karmic curse while standing before a Great Seal.
**SPECIAL: COST TO CURSE/LIFT CURSE**
o The cost to curse someone depends on how many people have suspect on the curse's target at the time of the curse, calculated at 80 karma minus 5 karma per suspect. This includes the suspect status you hold (which will be removed after cursing), so the maximum cost to curse is 75 karma. The minimum curse cost will never fall below 5 karma.
o The cost to initially remove a curse depends upon how many people have suspect on you at the time of the curse, calculated as 20 karma plus 5 karma per suspect. This includes the suspect status of the person cursing you (which will be removed after cursing), so the minimum it will cost to remove a curse is 25 karma. The maximum can never go above 100 karma. The cost is reduced by 5 karma per online hour to a minimum of 5 karma.
Both blessings and curses last for 25 hours of online time. There are several uses for karma: you can spend it to gain valuable karmic blessings, to curse those on your suspect list (though it will remove them from your suspect list), and to lift curses placed upon you. Karma may never fall below 0 or rise above 100.
GAINING AND LOSING KARMA
o Karmic blessings have an upkeep of 1 karma each online hour for each blessing you have (i.e., a cost of 1 karma if you only have one blessing, a cost of 2 karma (per blessing) if you have 2 blessings, etc.). This means it may be difficult to maintain multiple blessings at a time.
o Karma is gained through the completion of many of the quests found in Lusternia.
- Karma can be lost if you fail a quest.
- Selling rats and weevils is considered a quest and adds karma (albeit with a very small amount).
o Karma is gained by shrine offerings. (This is a small amount of karma, but it could add up if you offer a lot.)
- Sanctifying a shrine gains more karma than normal offerings.
- There is no karma for defiling.
o Every time you kill a player you will lose one karma for every person who has you as a suspect.
- This loss occurs regardless of whether you are on the prime plane or whether your victim is in enemy territory.
o Karma is gained if you kill an enemy of your city or commune on your city or commune's territory. This is a gain of 15% for Champions, 10% for protectors and 5% for everyone else.
- SPECIAL FOR CELESTINE AND NIHILISTS: Members of Celestines will gain this karmic reward for killing enemies of the Holy Supernals on Celestia. Likewise, Nihilists will gain this karmic reward for killing enemies of the Demon Lords on Nil.
- Karma awards for killing enemies does not prevent the above loss for if you are on anyone's suspect list.
NOTE: Some karma gained will only be a fraction of a percent. IF YOU RECEIVE THE MESSAGE YOU GAIN KARMA BUT DON'T SEE IT RISE, THAT IS NOT A BUG -- YOU ARE RECEIVING A FRACTION OF A PERCENT.
If you curse someone who has a blessing of the same type (for instance placing the karmic curse of knowledge on a person with the karmic blessing of knowledge), it will remove the blessing instead of giving the curse. You must be standing before the Great Seal of the correct type in order to invoke either blessings or curses. You can only curse those on your suspect list within seven real-life days from the time they first are placed on your suspect list. Cursing removes their suspect status. The Great Seals are located in caves found sporadically on Avechna's Peak.
You cannot stack blesses or curses. In other words, you can't have two karmic blessings of knowledge or give someone the karmic curse of chaos if he or she is already labouring under it.
Types of karmic blessings and curses are: Knowledge, Harmony, Chaos, War, Justice, Beauty, Nature, Life and Death.
NOTES ON CURSES
o If you are cursed, you should work to get it removed as soon as possible before its full effects are realized.
o If there is a curse you particularly want to avoid, the karmic blessing of the same type will protect you from getting it.
o If you never kill a person on non-enemy territory on the prime plane, you will never be on anyone's suspect list and thus never be cursed.