For some time now, We have been evaluating the strengths and flaws of Our design system. We believe that the Lusternian design system is one of the hallmarks of the game, and one of our greatest features. We also understand that over the decade and longer that it has existed, its rules have grown…unruly.
Today We can announce that We have devised a streamlined and simplified set of rules for the creation and submission of designs within Lusternia. We, along with everyone here in the Havens, believe that these rules will both broaden the horizons of your creativity and render the design system easier to access for those newer to it.
These rules will be fully announced and come into effect on Wednesday, 14th August 2019.
We understand that you will doubtless be keen to know how the system will be changing. Here are the highlights:
- All standard English spellings are now permitted in the design system. Rejoice, Americans, for you may finally divest yourself of pesky Us and embrace your beloved Zs.
- Everything represented in a design must still be represented by a commodity, but those commodities are no longer prescribed. As long as your commodities make sense, and keep within the other limitations of the design system (e.g. with regards to “magical” items), then they will be accepted.
- New tints have been created and will now encompass every conceivable colour. The precise combinations of faeleaf, coal and purpletint will no longer be the woes of Tattooists everywhere; rather, you will simply have to meet the tattoo’s weight number in total, the figure made up of every colour you have used.
- Commodity costs have been reviewed for Forging, Tailoring, Tattoos and Artisan to bring them in line with one another and, most importantly, with common sense. We will also be continuing to review commodity costs going forward.
- Comments made by designers will no longer be overridden by reviewer feedback, and will now last forever. You may also now edit those comments after the design has been approved.
- Mortal Reviewers are now paid at a much higher rate to value their efforts, and the position of Senior Reviewer has been created, granting an even higher credit reward for long serving reviewers
The transition to the new system will involve the entire design system being taken offline for a period of time on the release date. This will be done in the early afternoon server time (GMT) to minimise disruption. When the system is brought back online, the new rules will be in effect.
We hope that you are as excited as We are. We would like to say a tremendous thank you to the coders behind the scenes who have valiantly brought Our vision, wide-reaching as it is, to life.
The Lovely Charites