Descended from the Elder God Meridian, the merians are the proudest of the races and have the richest history. It was the merian Gorob who discovered the secrets of becoming a Vernal God and indeed became the first Vernal God. It was the merians who were the first to uncover the outer planes, and subsequently founded the Celestine Empire. Though merians can point to many great and notable achievements of their race, it must also be pointed out that the last emperor of the Celestine Empire, Emperor Ladantine VII, was a merian and responsible for the Taint. Merians are primarily ocean dwellers and the original race were decidedly aquatic looking. However, with the influx of humans and given their ability to interbreed with other races, many present day merians look astonishingly human-like, some even growing hair. Even so, all merians have bluish complexions (though ranging in hue) and the ability to breathe water. Despite interbreeding with humans, merians do not recognize half-breeds: either you are merian or are not, denoted by the ability to breathe water.
Languages: Merian, Common.
- Level 1: Resistance to cold damage and the ability to breathe underwater.
- Level 25: Merians can DIVE. Merians who already can dive from another skillset gain reduced balance time on SWIM while underwater.
- Level 50: Health and mana regen in flooded environments.
- Merians with the Sacraments specialisation gain a bonus to divinus and electrical damage.
- Merians with the Aquamancy or Aquachemantics specialisations gain a bonus to cold and asphyxiations damage.
- Merians with the Starhymn specialisation gain a bonus to divinus and fire damage.
- Demigod: Trait: Natural Born Leader - Merians who lead their own squads give all members a resistance to all damage types. The merian must be in the same room as their squad members for this to take effect.
- Demigod+: Improved Trait - Natural Born Leader also grants a bonus to all damage types dealt.
- Standard race.
- Imperial Merian
- Merian trained in the skills of Aquamancy, Aquachemantics, or Celestialism.
- Merian Lady/Lord
- Merian warriors who specialise in Sacraments.
- Seasinger Merian
- Merian who take up the art of Starhymn.