NPC Resistance Compilation

by Xenthos

Back to Survival Guide.

Neos2011-07-20 16:43:40
Ninja'd by Eventru.
Talan2011-07-20 16:57:46
QUOTE (Eventru @ Jul 20 2011, 12:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sure - though I note kephera are endgame bashing

No, see... endgame people bash kephera for gold, but they are not high end bashing. As offerings and essence/xp they are mediocre at best at high levels. Almost all classes/races can reasonably hunt kephera from level 80 on (maybe avoiding the larger clumps). They do not compare to essence you can generate in the same time linking astral or in Muud - even the ridiculous slow-motion ordeal Muud has become since mob health was buffed.

It's not even the case that it balances out - where one is better at essence bashing, worse at gold bashing, because the 'light' gold bashing area - the Illithoid Prison, does not have any detriments to divinus, (nor would it make sense for them to have, given the Illithoid heritage - they would be more likely to be weak to divinus under these rules)

It makes no sense for things touched by the soulless not to be weak to divinus energy, nor for them to be weak to excorpus energy. There's really no arguing that - and everything that's weak to divinus is weak to other things, as well.
No argument about 'mechanics' trumping roleplay will suddenly change the fact that Muud is the innards of a Soulless or that the Catacombs and Shallamurine are full of undead, nor that Astral is influenced by Kethuru.

Well actually... a lot of the game lore suggests that employing the soulless energies and the undead in the fight against the soulless were an effective, if self-corrupting tool. This is my issue with the whole divinus/excoro thing. I accept that the decision has been made, and is unlikely to change, but you know better than to challenge us players with "no argument can be made"!

I'm sympathetic, but it doesn't really change the reality of the situation. And as I said, maybe we'll see some future high-end areas with angelic beings in them that make for good excorpus bait. It all depends on who is building and so forth.

And the problem with that, of course, is Glomdoring, which is apparently harnessing excoro energy, despite not viewing themselves as tainted at all, and having more reason not to attack 'angelic beings' (due to alliances) than any reason to attack them.
Ushaara2011-07-20 20:29:32
So much of the good bashing resistant to blunt... sad.gif
Rika2011-07-20 20:32:10
You mean so much of the good high end bashing being almost all being resistant to certain damage types and weak to other damage types. It's not just a problem with divinus/excoro.
Sylphas2011-07-21 00:26:21
Well, at least Spiritsingers can now shred through at least certain spheres (Abhorrences and Obesefessors both have weaknesses to cold/divinus).

It would be nice to know what exactly the resistance/weakness levels mean mathematically, because with a split damage type like the new Chords (or if you don't tune your staff, I guess?) it can be complicated. Undead cave fishers are immune to cold, resistant to magic, but terribly weak to divinus. Does that make Wildechord worth using, since it has 25% divinus, or will MinorSecond still do more despite the resistance, simply because you're hitting for 100% base instead of 25%. I assume MinorSecond, but we can't be sure without numbers or testing.
Xiel2011-07-21 01:04:18
Shallamurine:

Radiant/Beautiful/Exquisite:
She has a moderate weakness to cutting damage.
She has a moderate resistance to blunt damage.
She has a great resistance to excorable damage.
She has a terrible weakness to divinus damage.

Named:
She has a moderate weakness to cutting damage.
She has a slight resistance to blunt damage.
She has a slight resistance to magic damage.
She has invulnerability to cold damage.
She has a great resistance to excorable damage.
She has a terrible weakness to divinus damage.
Xenthos2011-07-21 01:09:33
QUOTE (Xiel @ Jul 20 2011, 09:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Shallamurine:

Looks kind of like undead / super-undead to me.

So much divinus weakness everywhere.

Where's the excoro weakness on living stuff, anyways?
Xiel2011-07-21 01:29:53
The Catacombs of the Dead:

Garghasts:
He has a moderate weakness to cutting damage.
He has a moderate resistance to blunt damage.
He has a great resistance to excorable damage.
He has a terrible weakness to divinus damage.

Garshades:
He has a slight resistance to cutting damage.
He has a slight resistance to blunt damage.
He has a moderate weakness to magic damage.

Garwights:
He has a slight resistance to cutting damage.
He has a moderate weakness to magic damage.

Gatekeepers:
He has a slight resistance to magic damage.
He has invulnerability to cold damage.

The Ruins of Shallach:
Trooper:

He has a moderate resistance to cutting damage.
He has a moderate resistance to magic damage.
He has a moderate weakness to fire damage.
He has a moderate resistance to cold damage.
He has a slight resistance to electrical damage.

Knight:

Korath:

Yes, I am indeed tossing all of this info up here until I can figure out a way to properly catalogue this into my little project baby. Though, I guess with this amount of information, I should really kick my rear into gear to just get the..extensive..geography section done. -twitch-

Also, I'm lazy and didn't open up the way to the garskulls, so I missed those. Oddly enough, garghouls don't have anything though. I wonder if that's a bug.

And those troopers aren't weak to divinus either! Confusion.
Revan2011-07-21 02:16:04
Ok, there's WAY too much stuff that's horrendously weak to Divinus. This is getting a wee bit absurd... am I the only one that thinks this?
Xiel2011-07-21 02:36:35
I think they've just been focusing on the things which have any form of relation to the Soulless/undead/Taint for now. A lot of things which happen to be closer to endgame bashing, but in time, I'm confident more things will get addressed and excoro weaknesses will be introduced.

What those things will be is beyond me though. I doubt that people bash cosmic or ethereal mobs for xp anyway, and those are the things I think were mentioned that might end up having excoro weaknesses.
Enyalida2011-07-21 02:47:43
QUOTE (Eventru @ Jul 20 2011, 11:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Conversely, one could argue that it isn't 'fair' that the generally 'powerful' conflict quests are generally morally repugnant to the 'good' side of things (ie Broadcast Centre, Duum, so forth). I suppose the trade off with that is that it means there are more 'evil' things to kill. Much like I've told my order - more realm mobs means more to influence, but it also means more for them to kill. Mind, I'm not going to get into this argument, because I've never been fond of it (and there've been a multitude of more 'good' areas available).

Speaking of not buying into things, I don't believe that there are more 'powerful quests' that are morally repugnant to the 'good' side of things, that aren't absolutely annoying and multilaterally banned by all factions. Your god realm is another argument for another time.

I want to see some of the rarer dmp types becoming less rare across the board, with the advent of easier access to those damage types. Asphyx is one of those, though less of a problem because of hold breath (though that's not usually very practical), but poison for instance... Could introduce a antivenin potion or something similar to the sileris/bone of other ire's to give purchasable dmp to the type, as for many of the others.
Eventru2011-07-21 03:12:13
Undead are weak to divinus, yes - pretty familiar for Celestines anyways, which was the tune of Radiance. I think the damage generally ends up around the same vs undead, decidedly less of a benefit vs non-undead.

Excorable energy always does extra damage, weakness or not.

Without going into detail of the system, it's very easy to go through and give all fleshy undead a given set of resistances, all 'lich'-types another set, and so forth. So yes, you're like to see clumps of like things done together, IE all undead.

But if you're waiting patiently to see swathes of existing areas turning up with excorable weaknesses, I wouldn't hold my breath on it, personally. I don't think you'll see much within Prime, as-is, showing up with excorable weaknesses (since nothing logically would be weak to it, outside of a few things).

Maybe in the future, new areas may come in with them, but it's just not something I'd expect today. Excorable at least has the bonus of higher base damage against non-undead.
Talan2011-07-21 03:31:59
I'm stealing Draylor's idea for the lore wiki. (Draylor - Come make tables for the Lore Wiki!)
I've started with Astral.
http://wiki.lusternia.com/NPC_Resistances

I'm kind of indifferent to the racial npcs. It's lame since some of these races have been selected for bashing areas, and the impact is on some more than others, but my concern is really with the actual bashing. I don't mean to whine, but there are some serious disparities on astral that need to be balanced out. I realize you won't be doing anything about the excorable penalties or the divinus buffs, but the elemental values given are seriously heavily favoring some orgs/classes over others.

Celest
Celestines - bonus on every sphere
Aquamancers - bonus on 11, neutral on 1 (via tuning)
Cantors - bonus on 7, malus on 5
Tahtetso - bonus on 6, malus on 6
Paladins - bonus on 6, malus on 6 (blunt/cutting only)

Serenwilde
Moondancers - bonus on 7, malus on 5
Hartstone - bonus on 8, neutral on 3, malus on 1
Spiritsingers - bonus on 7, neutral on 1, malus on 4
Shofangi - bonus on 6, malus on 6
Serenguard - bonus on 6, malus on 6 (blunt/cutting only)

Hallifax
Institute - bonus on every sphere
Aeromancers - bonus on 9, neutral on 3 (via tuning)
Sentinels - bonus on 6, malus on 6 (blunt/cutting only)

Gaudiguch
Illuminati - bonus on 6, malus on 6
Pyromancers - bonus on 7, neutral on 3, malus on 2 (via tuning)
Templars - bonus on 6, malus on 6 (blunt/cutting only)

Magnagora
Nihilists - bonus on 2, neutral on 1, malus on 9
Geomancers - bonus on 8, neutral on 4 (via tuning) -- Geomancers manage to be OP in every situation, what kind of voodoo is at work here?
Cacophony - bonus on 2, neutral on 1, malus on 9
Ninjakari - bonus on 6, malus on 6
Ur'Guard - bonus on 6, malus on 6

Glomdoring
Shadowdancers - bonus on 4, malus on 8
Blacktalon - bonus on 6, neutral on 1, malus on 5
Harbingers - bonus on 2, neutral on 1, malus on 9
Nekotai - bonus on 6, malus on 6
Ebonguard - bonus on 6, malus on 6
Neos2011-07-21 03:53:48
QUOTE (Talan @ Jul 20 2011, 11:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm stealing Draylor's idea for the lore wiki. (Draylor - Come make tables for the Lore Wiki!)
I've started with Astral.
http://wiki.lusternia.com/NPC_Resistances

I'm kind of indifferent to the racial npcs. It's lame since some of these races have been selected for bashing areas, and the impact is on some more than others, but my concern is really with the actual bashing. I don't mean to whine, but there are some serious disparities on astral that need to be balanced out. I realize you won't be doing anything about the excorable penalties or the divinus buffs, but the elemental values given are seriously heavily favoring some orgs/classes over others.

Celest
Celestines - bonus on every sphere
Aquamancers - bonus on every sphere (via tuning)
Cantors - bonus on 7, malus on 5
Tahtetso - bonus on 6, malus on 6
Paladins - bonus on 6, malus on 6 (blunt/cutting only)

Serenwilde
Moondancers - bonus on 7, malus on 5
Hartstone - bonus on 8, neutral on 3, malus on 1
Spiritsingers - bonus on 7, neutral on 1, malus on 4
Shofangi - bonus on 6, malus on 6
Serenguard - bonus on 6, malus on 6 (blunt/cutting only)

Hallifax
Institute - bonus on every sphere
Aeromancers - bonus on 9, neutral on 3 (via tuning)
Sentinels - bonus on 6, malus on 6 (blunt/cutting only)

Gaudiguch
Illuminati - bonus on 6, malus on 6
Pyromancers - bonus on 7, neutral on 3, malus on 2 (via tuning)
Templars - bonus on 6, malus on 6 (blunt/cutting only)

Magnagora
Nihilists - bonus on 2, neutral on 1, malus on 9
Geomancers - bonus on 8, neutral on 4 (via tuning) -- Geomancers manage to be OP in every situation, what kind of voodoo is at work here?
Cacophony - bonus on 2, neutral on 1, malus on 9
Ninjakari - bonus on 6, malus on 6
Ur'Guard - bonus on 6, malus on 6

Glomdoring
Shadowdancers - bonus on 4, malus on 8
Blacktalon - bonus on 6, neutral on 1, malus on 5
Harbingers - bonus on 2, neutral on 1, malus on 9
Nekotai - bonus on 6, malus on 6
Ebonguard - bonus on 6, malus on 6

Aquas don't have a bonus on every sphere, goats are resistant to cold and blunt and neutral for asphyx. And moonfire, WildeChord do Divinus damage.
Talan2011-07-21 04:05:11
QUOTE (AquaNeos @ Jul 20 2011, 11:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Aquas don't have a bonus on every sphere, goats are resistant to cold and blunt and neutral for asphyx. And moonfire, WildeChord do Divinus damage.

Oi, For some reason I had in mind they were electric, asphyx and cold. Very well...aquamancers have bonus on 11, neutral on 1. MY BAD.

Edit - Not saying there are no mistakes above, but I think it's clear that some guilds are super-buffed where astral bashing is concerned, while some are super nerfed - this is the discrepancy I'm talking about, and I think it needs to be addressed. In such a way that everyone gets pretty near to 6 on/6 off.
Veyrzhul2011-07-21 04:09:13
It's not as if everyone bashed all spheres, anyway; some where generally favoured. And just as warriors/monks may have had (and pretty surely still have) some advantage bashing overall, a few other guilds do now as well, at least for a selection of mobs. Not sure why this is so outcry-worthy, all of a sudden.
Talan2011-07-21 04:21:05
QUOTE (Veyrzhul @ Jul 21 2011, 12:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's not as if everyone bashed all spheres, anyway; some where generally favoured. And just as warriors/monks may have had (and pretty surely still have) some advantage bashing overall, a few other guilds do now as well, at least for a selection of mobs. Not sure why this is so outcry-worthy, all of a sudden.

I had waited to see what was done for bards, where bashing is concerned. On seeing them, Cacophony and Harbingers (as well as Nihilists and Shadowdancers) are still out of luck. You're right, not every sphere is regularly bashed, which makes limiting choices more frustrating for everyone.
Veyrzhul2011-07-21 04:34:14
QUOTE (Talan @ Jul 21 2011, 05:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I had waited to see what was done for bards, where bashing is concerned. On seeing them, Cacophony and Harbingers (as well as Nihilists and Shadowdancers) are still out of luck. You're right, not every sphere is regularly bashed, which makes limiting choices more frustrating for everyone.

Depends what the limitations exactly are. What spheres are you/Cacophony able to bash well?
Talan2011-07-21 04:57:14
Bulls/goats. Lobs are neutral. They are not bad choices but for being connected to enemy org nexii. Still, I would bash mitrans, virgins, eagles, fesix, obesefessor before, and now see penalties there. Some spheres will be even more popular now, as well, as groups will go to where the least of their party was weaknesses, which further limits choices as nodes will be drained or in use.
Unknown2011-07-21 06:38:15
Like poison, I too wish for more dmp against random, unbiased damage sources like fire/divinus, cold/divinus, and lightning.