NPC Resistance Compilation

by Xenthos

Back to Survival Guide.

Unknown2011-07-18 21:22:09
There are a lot of dracnari mobs in and around Gaudiguch without resistances. I'll compile a list and bug them.
Shishi2011-07-19 17:49:25
What I'd like to see is how much of a difference there is in killing something with weaknesses and without. For example and I haven't done this yet but I will eventually, I nightkiss a Cavefisher With half my damage being negated by it's weakness, how many hits will it take, then I nightgaze it with an invicible to half my damage, and great resistence to the other, and see how of a difference it is. Of course what I would really like is to know the difference between slight, moderate, great and terrible in both directions for different types of attacks and how it effects how many bashing attacks it takes. Just to see what the differences actually make.
Unknown2011-07-19 18:56:17
We could really use what Aetolia has. CONFIG MOB_DAMAGE ON.
Zilias2011-07-19 19:47:23
I have a question. Would people like to see me continue the theme here? (Green for weakness, red for resistance and gray for no weakness/resistance)

The alternative is to colour them differently as I have done for the invulnerabilty resistance.

Thoughts?

I would agree, different shades would be cool. Though, I understand it would get messy. The fact that you are already taking the time is nice. I like it!

Thanks, Xenthos for starting this and for everybody afterwards who is contributing. It is a great piece of information. Better than finding out all of a sudden Kephera eat my damage for breakfast...like I did. XD
Unknown2011-07-19 20:24:36
Interesting... my thunderbird has resistances and weaknesses!

He has a moderate resistance to cutting damage.
He has a moderate resistance to blunt damage.
He has a slight weakness to fire damage.
He has a slight weakness to cold damage.
He has a moderate weakness to poison damage.
He has a moderate resistance to psychic damage.
Razenth2011-07-19 20:31:54
can my tentacles have weaknesses and resistances too?
Illidor2011-07-19 20:49:31
QUOTE (Draylor @ Jul 19 2011, 02:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We could really use what Aetolia has. CONFIG MOB_DAMAGE ON.

This. I adore the mob_damage, balance_taken, and health_change configs.
Sylphas2011-07-19 23:47:46
QUOTE (Phoebus @ Jul 19 2011, 04:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Interesting... my thunderbird has resistances and weaknesses!

He has a moderate resistance to cutting damage.
He has a moderate resistance to blunt damage.
He has a moderate weakness to poison damage.
He has a moderate resistance to psychic damage.

Odd to think of a thunderbird without electrical resists.
Unknown2011-07-20 02:03:52
QUOTE (Sylphas @ Jul 19 2011, 07:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Odd to think of a thunderbird without electrical resists.

I know. And weak to cold! :? It struck me as a bit silly.
Eventru2011-07-20 02:13:09
It looks like they snuck themselves into a group of kephera.

It's been fixed.
Unknown2011-07-20 02:19:14
QUOTE (Eventru @ Jul 19 2011, 10:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It looks like they snuck themselves into a group of kephera.

It's been fixed.

laugh.gif
Xiel2011-07-20 06:51:19
Courtesy of Sidd. Yay for information to stuff into places.

Parasite:
He has a slight weakness to cutting damage.
He has a slight resistance to magic damage.
He has a slight resistance to cold damage.
He has a slight resistance to poison damage.
He has a slight resistance to excorable damage.
He has a moderate weakness to divinus damage.

Cestode:
He has a moderate weakness to cutting damage.
He has a slight resistance to blunt damage.
He has a moderate resistance to poison damage.

Symbiote:
He has a slight resistance to fire damage.
He has a moderate resistance to excorable damage.

Nematode:

Necrotroph:

Trematode:

Globule:

Unknown2011-07-20 08:15:50
I'm amused that most good high end bashing is weak to divinus, where's the high end bashing weak to excorable?!
Talan2011-07-20 11:48:38
I'm wondering if maybe the Muud parasites and the Astral ones got mixed up. The Astral ones have the notes on electric/asphyx that connect to the types of damage the Muud ones do.

Some of the weaknesses and resistances attributed to the monsters have no apparent rhyme or reason. In Muud most of the creatures do blunt/poison, with the parasites doing poison/electric with a touch of asphyxiation. Where do magic, fire, and cold fit in? A lot of other creatures have similar attributes where one would presume these damage types would be neutral, but they are not. It is both spammy and vexing.
Qistrel2011-07-20 12:18:58
QUOTE (Talan @ Jul 20 2011, 01:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Where do magic, fire, and cold fit in?

I know the critters on Air deal both cold and electric, because they hurt me more when they do their cold-looking attacks (Keph=weak to cold) than their lightning ones. Not high-level creatures though, and no resist/weakness yet.
Sylphas2011-07-20 13:17:05
So Muud still racks up tons on insanity, the stuff got harder to kill in general, and now it's resistant to my one type of damage. Guess I'll just find a group once to finish exploring and then go back to ignoring it again.
Eventru2011-07-20 14:22:10
QUOTE (Sojiro @ Jul 20 2011, 04:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm amused that most good high end bashing is weak to divinus, where's the high end bashing weak to excorable?!

It has nothing to do with 'high' or 'low' end bashing - and everything to do with the fact that high end bashing tend to be born of Soulless Gods, and therefore weak to divinus energies.

I guess it's the result of Lusternia being such a dark and perilous place.
Revan2011-07-20 16:05:13
QUOTE (Eventru @ Jul 20 2011, 10:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It has nothing to do with 'high' or 'low' end bashing - and everything to do with the fact that high end bashing tend to be born of Soulless Gods, and therefore weak to divinus energies.

I guess it's the result of Lusternia being such a dark and perilous place.

Doesn't mean that it's fair for only 1/6 of the basin to be able to dominate such places. I see that and think "Oh man, so only Celestines can really have end-game bashing flexibility". RP reasoning aside, there has to be a balance because in the end, this is a game and everyone ought to be able to have equal flexibility when it comes to high-end bashing.. especially with areas like astral and muud
Unknown2011-07-20 16:28:22
In the main thread, I mention the possibility of adding more variety to these energies. Maybe that's where to do some suggestions.
Eventru2011-07-20 16:32:31
QUOTE (Revan @ Jul 20 2011, 12:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Doesn't mean that it's fair for only 1/6 of the basin to be able to dominate such places. I see that and think "Oh man, so only Celestines can really have end-game bashing flexibility". RP reasoning aside, there has to be a balance because in the end, this is a game and everyone ought to be able to have equal flexibility when it comes to high-end bashing.. especially with areas like astral and muud

Sure - though I note kephera are endgame bashing, and are weak to poison (Geomancers and Blacktalon can use pure poison), and are not resistant to excorpus energy (so there's still the minor damage bonus for Nihilists, Shadowdancers (who also get the bonus of exploiting their cold weakness)), and Night-using-Ebonguard, while things in Muud are generally weak to cutting and/or blunt, same as Catacombs of the Dead (that covers six guilds on its own), and so forth.

Yes, it does enable Celestines, Institute and Moondancers/Moon-using Serenguard a bit more broader of a spectrum (touting Divinus damage), but I suppose that's just what comes with being one of the few proverbial 'good' in the world (well, being 'good' or a bunch of scientific brains who seem to have a penchant for weaponizing everything and anything they can).

Conversely, one could argue that it isn't 'fair' that the generally 'powerful' conflict quests are generally morally repugnant to the 'good' side of things (ie Broadcast Centre, Duum, so forth). I suppose the trade off with that is that it means there are more 'evil' things to kill. Much like I've told my order - more realm mobs means more to influence, but it also means more for them to kill. Mind, I'm not going to get into this argument, because I've never been fond of it (and there've been a multitude of more 'good' areas available).

It makes no sense for things touched by the soulless not to be weak to divinus energy, nor for them to be weak to excorpus energy. There's really no arguing that - and everything that's weak to divinus is weak to other things, as well.

Perhaps in time we'll see areas where excorpus energy is the creme of the proverbial crop, for bashers.

It just doesn't exist for the moment. No argument about 'mechanics' trumping roleplay will suddenly change the fact that Muud is the innards of a Soulless or that the Catacombs and Shallamurine are full of undead, nor that Astral is influenced by Kethuru.

I'm sympathetic, but it doesn't really change the reality of the situation. And as I said, maybe we'll see some future high-end areas with angelic beings in them that make for good excorpus bait. It all depends on who is building what and such.