How Do I Use MudBot?

by Unknown

Back to Project L.

Eldanien2007-12-30 10:01:21
You have to add that room to your map file.

The 'right' way is with ROOM and MAP commands. Look at ROOM HELP, MAP HELP.

The 'easier' way for some is to edit the LMap file in a text editor. Just be sure you understand what the various parts of the room text in that file mean.
Unknown2007-12-31 03:09:47
anyone mind sharing their updated lmap file? I just totally ruined mine, lol, tried mapping Shallach, theres exits that don't exist, and I turned the Shallach River into the Ruins of Shallach, and the Ackleberry highway is now Nosfydra
Unknown2007-12-31 15:25:09
Check the post topic: Project L: Mapping, I think it's the 3rd page, CroX gives a link to his 5000+ room or something
Unknown2008-01-02 03:45:43
How do I do multiline teleport messages? With the new Ninjakari guildhall, it's a bit annoying - both teleports are two-lines. Just, /n or something?
Unknown2008-01-02 14:39:00
QUOTE(Narallen @ Jan 2 2008, 04:45 AM) 471970
How do I do multiline teleport messages? With the new Ninjakari guildhall, it's a bit annoying - both teleports are two-lines. Just, /n or something?

With the LMapper, you don't. Set the teleport message to the most distinct one of the two.
Unknown2008-01-15 19:06:54
Hey guys, I know it says the Mapper is compatible with all clients save nexus, but I was wondering if it's mac compatible? Will it work on all the mac clients? I'd think it would if Mudbot can be ran on macs, but I'm not sure?

What about Ubuntu?

Thanks!
Unknown2008-01-15 22:24:33
QUOTE(Prophet @ Jan 15 2008, 08:06 PM) 477291
Will it work on all the mac clients?

Yes.

QUOTE(Prophet @ Jan 15 2008, 08:06 PM) 477291
What about Ubuntu?

Yes.
Unknown2008-01-16 22:41:33
Thank you sir,

Also another question. How do you edit things such as the trigger lines and such? I notice this works for things such as dashing, but I was wondering if there was a way to put in more trigger lines to stop or start the mapper. For instance, tumbling.

Something else I noticed. I have a premade Lmap.bin file that I use and made a new file called Mymap.bin for my own map creation. I use the Lmap when I'm casually playing for now, and the Mymap for when I work on constructing my own map. But I found when I do MAP FILE, it says that the file I'm using is Lmap.bin, then when I do MAP FILE MYMAP it says right after that the file is set to mymap.bin, but then when I type MAP FILE again, it reverts back and says I'm using the Lmap still. Is it set by default to lmap and you can't change that or something? I was thinking I'd have to change some line in the actual program code or something, because I checked the config file and couldn't find anything that would prohibit it from reading a different file other than Lmap.
Unknown2008-01-17 03:29:32
The map triggers go directly into your LMap file. They are "global special exits" and use the keyword GSE to define the setting. You give a room to teleport to for the ones that go somewhere specific or use -1 for the unknown/random teleports.

For example, here are the arena triggers from my own LMap:
CODE
GSE: -1 "arena" "You accept ^'s challenge, and enter the portal, ready to do battle."
GSE: -1 "arena" "^ accepts your challenge, and you walk through the portal after*"
GSE: -1 "arena" "You have been defeated and are thrown out of the Arena."
GSE: -1 "arena" "You have been victorious and leave the Arena in triumph!"
GSE: -1 "arena" "You are OUT of the combat free-for-all!"
Unknown2008-01-17 20:02:35
Oh no, I don't mean I have a new map file for only the room locations I make. I created a whole new map file because I want to map out the world myself at some point. When I get working on that, I'd like to have it in the MyMap file instead of LMap, because I do use the LMap file to have a mapper for the time being. Is there a way to make the mapper load/save a different file other than LMap.

Related to this issue, I also find that when I start mudbot and log in through localhost, I cannot just MAP LOAD my file. When I type MAP LOAD, it says LMap cannot be found. Instead I have to type MAP FILE, it then says you are using the LMap file, and then MAP LOAD will work. Is that normal?
Unknown2008-01-17 21:54:08
I answered your first question, not your second. tongue.gif

You're lucky, I think. The version of LMTS I'm using crashes when I do 'map load,' and so I only edit my map (minor tweaks) when I'm offline and THEN start my MudBot.

You could setup shortcuts for your MudBot with different working directories, and that would allow you to use two different LMap files (and even config files) in each directory. That's just my simple answer, without taking the time to actually look at the C code.
Unknown2008-01-17 23:19:15
Ah smile.gif that you did.

I read that completely wrong then.
Yeah my LMTS will crash if I edit the Lmap file and try loading it after I've already started it, but if I load it in the begining and dont touch the bin file while its running, then it's fine. Map map is just blank and unloaded until I laod everytime I start mudbot up. I just thought it was weird that my map couldnt load unless I checked map file then map load.
Unknown2008-01-18 09:02:23
It's the unload process that makes it crash, I believe.

As for those teleports. Just enter them using: MAP TELEPORT ADD JUMP You jump to the ^.
Vionne2008-01-21 01:13:01
I hope this is the appropriate place to ask this --

is there any way to make the mapper stop doing this --

There is a pine door in the way.
3264h, 3168m, 3926e, 10p ex-

You open the pine door to the in.
3264h, 3168m, 3926e, 10p ex-

and then stopping?

i.e. why does the mapper not go IN again once it opens the door blocking it?
Unknown2008-01-21 01:41:33
Because the mapper module you have has the wrong trigger line for the door opening. It's coded (because that's the way it is in Imperian) to only look for "You open the door to the in." and here in Lusternia we get to see the type of door being opened.
Vionne2008-01-21 03:52:09
So would I be able to dig into one of the files and change it to "You open the * door to the (wildcard - what's mudbot's wildcard? Is it a *?) *" or would it require a compile to change?
Unknown2008-01-21 03:54:38
You'd have to modify the C source code and then recompile the code, yes.
Vionne2008-01-21 04:50:11
crap.
so much for that.
manual it is!