How Do I Use MudBot?

by Unknown

Back to Project L.

Unknown2007-12-22 13:02:14
Yeah. The ROOM MERGE gives you a list of matches (even if there's only one) and then you have to ROOM MERGE (num) to actually do the merge. If you know you're going to come into a room that's already mapped, you could do a ROOM FIND (name) and then just EXIT LINK (num) to connect it when you move there. I sometimes jot down key room numbers as I move around, making it easier to link things up.
Aramel2007-12-23 04:33:19
Is there a way I can change the locating option? I like seeing it after deathsight, but I don't want it after scent, because that's pointless and way too spammy.
Unknown2007-12-23 08:41:07
Oh and BTW, doesn't the latest version of LMTS have scrying support?

Also, having an option that makes you sprint in any single direction you need to go with more than one room in a row, would be nice, is that in the works at all?
Eldanien2007-12-23 10:35:22
There's GO SPRINT already in, if that's what you mean? But I find that the mapper tends to get lost easily when you do that.
Unknown2007-12-23 10:45:33
The locating options are hard-coded, so you'll need to modify the C code to remove any of them, if I recall correctly.

Yes, it does track rooms on scrying.

I don't personally use sprinting in my speedwalking, but I do manually sprint sometimes and the mapper just automatically figures out where I went, which is good enough for me.
Unknown2007-12-23 11:59:46
Yes but my trouble is the roads (ergh). Can't figure it out, it sucks. If we had some kind of sprint room notification (i.e. you pass the Center of the Necropolis NEWLINE You pass the Necropolis Library Atrium, etc.) that would be nice, but...meh.

Also, I have a scry enchantment and when I scry people it doesn't seem to pick it up. Do I have to turn on an option?
Eldanien2007-12-23 12:02:41
MAP CONFIG LOCATE to toggle the option on and off, but it defaults to on. I haven't tried with a scry enchant... maybe the code doesn't support that particular one? I would expect it to be supported, though.
Unknown2007-12-23 17:31:04
Mine works with scry/window, but I may not have included that in my posted version here. I've made modifications for my own purposes beyond what's available here.
Unknown2007-12-24 06:30:44
The version I have I got from SF, so...
Unknown2007-12-24 13:10:35
There's a newer version posted here, so you should at least try that. My personal version is newer still, but it's not for general consumption, I'm afraid.
Unknown2007-12-24 20:50:15
Heh, mind pointing me to it? I can't seem to find it, the only pointers I've found so far pointed to SourceForge.
That said, it's probably right in front of me, right where I'm not looking...
Unknown2007-12-25 12:05:13
For some strange reason, I can't find the thread where I posted the attachment, but the attachment is still in my profile, so use this link to try and download it.
Unknown2007-12-26 04:29:05
.... D/L'd it, and it -still- doesn't work for some reason. I copied everything from the zip into my mudbot folder, ran it, and tried scrying. It still didn't work. Are you sure it catches enchantment scrying?
Within the enchanted item, an image forms of * at *. sort of thing.
Or is it in the LMap file? Because I kept the LMap file CroX posted in Project L: Mapping. I would like to keep it because I really don't want to map out all his areas, and the ones I've added so far, like Spectre Isle and Shallach.
Unknown2007-12-26 12:18:06
You're right. My bad. My version has updated locating abilities, including a fix to window/scry. The version I posted here should still find some people, though if their name is too long, it may not find them.
Unknown2007-12-27 08:20:27
Too long? What does that mean? Do you mean it has to be single-line? Because it all completely fits within my wrapwidth..
Unknown2007-12-27 14:52:40
I mean the mapper module is searching for a certain phrase at the beginning of the line, and when the person's name is long, the beginning of the line appears differently. Also, the mapper module is only configured for a wrapwidth of 80, so it's not as useful for those folks using other wrapwidths.
Unknown2007-12-28 09:22:54
oh...bugger... coz I have a giant screen and I hate wrapwidth 80, it's like 15% of my total screen width
Daganev2007-12-30 09:18:35
any ideas on why mudbot isn't tracking which room I'm currently in?
Eldanien2007-12-30 09:25:58
If you've got your room title set to a different color than the default, you'll have to tell MudBot what color to look for.

MAP COLOR to see a list, then MAP COLOR (color name) to set it.

Either that, or you don't have that particular room in your map file.
Unknown2007-12-30 09:48:43
nevermind, I got it.. now I'm trying to map Nosfydra, but since one of the levels is just a continuous loop one direction, then overlaps itself.. the mapper gets all wonky..