Lore Short Questions

by Unknown

Back to Chronicles of the Basin.

Unknown2012-03-15 17:28:00
Ushaara's idea!

First question: What is the name and general appearance of the beast unleashed on Faethorne Slaghora'ruin/Tar Pits quest? Does anyone know anything about it's backstory?
Lehki2012-03-15 17:39:07
I don't think we ever got much details on that thing. I think it's some kind of giant poisonous blob monster? My guess was always that it was some fragment of Crazen or Muud, like how there was a fragment of Zenos running around.
Enyalida2012-03-15 17:40:54
Someone can go do some of the quest to unleash it. Just don't finish it or you'll have both alliances down on/fighting for your head.
Ushaara2012-03-15 18:03:10
Ixion's probably the person to ask for the Slaghora'ruin. Two questions for me.

1) Why are lucidians weak to fire when Xyl loved walking through the lava in the Book of Tae?

2) Always been a touch confused as to what the difference between an Artifact of Power and a Nexus of Power comes down to?
Lendren2012-03-15 20:14:04
Do you mean Edifice rather than Artifact there?
Ushaara2012-03-15 20:32:13
Hmm, I assume Edifices would be Nexii too? And on reading again, I think I can drop my second question there. Had confused the Claws of Liberty and the Claw of Shanth.
Enyalida2012-03-15 20:37:07
Edifices are Nexii, not all Nexii are edifices.
Unknown2012-03-15 22:03:17
I always thought Edifices and Nexuses stored power, but Nexuses pierced the planes (that's why we can transverse through them).
Unknown2012-03-15 22:13:08
I always though that all unnatural nexii created though High Magic (the city ones) were Edifices, that also act as Nexii.
Unknown2012-03-15 22:28:54
Both Nexuses and Edifices of Power let you store aetheric power, but only Nexuses are able to be used as gates for planar travel.
Ushaara2012-03-15 22:29:26
So Piercing Needle of Transcendent Ice = Edifice, not Nexus?
Unknown2012-03-15 22:32:03
Right!
Ushaara2012-03-15 22:41:28
Hmm, now I'm wondering where Climanti got their power from, unless there's an Elemental plane of Ice out there! :lol:

Edit: Oh wait, they probably had their pixie/joule equivalent thing!
Unknown2012-03-15 22:48:53
Or, like, power that's already on Prime. There's bound to be some - I mean, we get power from bards/scholars, the various novice power quests, that asylum quest, etc. The old cities used up almost all the power on Prime, though, so we had to sustain our needs by delving through the higher planes. (omg we're all secretly ladantine)
Unknown2012-03-15 23:02:01

(omg we're all secretly ladantine)

Speaking of which, how did we learn to channel Astral power without Tainting further Nexii?
Lehki2012-03-15 23:07:05
I assumed that when Avenchna re-sealed Kethuru, it kept him from spewing his essence out through the node. Maybe we'll get an ascention event where he manages to link to the nexuses once more and starts pumping them with Taint again. :P
Neos2012-03-15 23:09:37
Lehki:

spewing his essence
starts pumping them with Taint

If not me, then Casilu, or Jack.
Qojin2012-03-18 08:59:03
Lehki:

I assumed that when Avenchna re-sealed Kethuru, it kept him from spewing his essence out through the node. Maybe we'll get an ascention event where he manages to link to the nexuses once more and starts pumping them with Taint again. :P
Right, I assume that Avechna sealed Kethuru away with the Nine Seals, preventing him from spewing the Taint further. However, it is also possibly that the Taint was a one-time thing. The Taint was only unleashed when Ladantine linked to the pillar in the astral realm, thus connecting the planes. After he stopped, the Taint stopping pouring onto prime and we were left with one cloud of the stuff that then blew all over the place. Additionally, the Taint only tainted when Kethuru was present in its substance, which implies that the Taint itself is inert and requires Kethuru's essence to be transformative. So, in order to unleash more poisonous Taint, there would need to be a "perfect storm" of sorts: someone who knows what they're doing needs to be channeling power from the astral realm to the prime plane (and inadvertently through the cosmic and elemental planes) and Kethuru's binds need to be weakened via powerless seals.

That's my opinion.
Unknown2012-03-20 20:15:51
For a little in game project.

What are the Guardian/Wiccan Champion mobs and what do they do?
Unknown2012-03-21 02:13:21
Black Shuck, the Darkhound

Permanently growling, this darkhound's eyes blaze a constant scarlet, casting odd shadows before his black form. Lean and lightly muscled, this hellhound is clearly built for the hunt, bred for chasing swift prey through the forest. Large, yellowed canine teeth are prominent as his mouth hangs slightly open, the slow rise and fall of his chest the only sign of his breath. Beneath his paws the ground smoulders and flickers with small flames, leaving blackened and burned prints to clearly mark his path. His fur bristling aggressively and the growl rising deep from his throat, this hound gives the impression that the strange shifting shadows around him are not simply for show.

blacklung, paralysis, bleeding, mana