Lore Short Questions

by Unknown

Back to Chronicles of the Basin.

Enyalida2012-03-21 16:15:21
I always figured he had two eyes but only ever glares at you with one, because that's how birds look at things? I haven't looked at Crow in a long time, is that what you're talking about?
Razenth2012-03-21 16:39:00
No, one of Crow's eyes is actually gouged out.
Enyalida2012-03-21 16:48:52
Oh hmm. TO THE EVENTS BOARD!
Ushaara2012-03-21 17:05:17
Brennan ate it in some ritual so he could become the Eye of Crow would be my guess! That, or gouged out by White Hart.
Kalaneya2012-03-21 17:08:28
Glom opened 4/23/05 as far as I can tell on the events board. There's a post on the Glom newsboard about a Crow-related dream on 5/1/05 where Crow is shown to have one eye already, so he lost his eye probably before the coming of Estarra. I also remember reading that Crow's eye was gouged out at some point, and I can't find it anymore. I'll look a bit more when I have more time.
Svorai2012-03-21 21:47:11
I've read every events post and didn't come across anything (admittedly I skimmed some not-so-relevant-to-me posts) that pointed either way. I mean, given that the GM of the BT is called the "Eye of Crow", it might suggest that something happened pre-Blacktalon. But there's no conclusive anything that I can find.

Help puhleeeez :(
Enyalida2012-03-21 21:54:25
If you can't find anything, make something up and false memory shoo people away who say otherwise, they obviously are foolish heretics, who are unable to control their own fallible minds.
Qojin2012-03-21 21:57:04
This seems like a topic open for interpretation. If the answer isn't on the surface, perhaps you should make up and perpetuate a reason, or dig deeper. You just might need to find the right entity to ask in-game.
Lendren2012-03-21 22:12:07
Making up and perpetuating answers is a very dangerous ploy. So often they don't just get contradicted, but contradicted with vigorous enthusiasm. I suppose false memory might help with that, though. You've got an officially sanctioned excuse to stick your fingers in your ears and say "Yeah, that's what I was saying all along" no matter how overt the contradiction.
Unknown2012-03-22 00:21:12
foolofsound:

For a little in game project.

What are the Guardian/Wiccan Champion mobs and what do they do?

Googled and found this in an old thread titled Christmas. Sondayga's our current champion.

Patchou the Moon Cat appears at first glance as an ordinary housecat with short
white fur. However, nothing else about her can be described as ordinary. Her
enormous eyes glow with a silvery-green light, and her claws, when she cares to
show them, sparkle with silver motes. Most disconcerting of all is that her feet
never quite touch the ground but hover inches above the earth. Like the most
arrogant of cats, she lifts her nose contemptuously at almost everyone. The air
around her crackles with power.
Patchou the Moon Cat appears to be extraordinarily strong.
She weighs about 12 pounds.
She is loyal to Eilia Helfarch Sarrasri Talnara, Dancer of Silver Mists.
Patchou the Moon Cat is holding:
Nothing.

According to Demonnic's Stygian and a combat log when she followed Solanis, she gives:

(aeon): Patchou the Moon Cat stares at you with her eerie silvery-green eyes. / Patchou the Moon Cat stares with her eerie silvery-green eyes at Haiden, who slows down and cannot break away from the gaze.
(bal loss?) Patchou the Moon Cat streaks between Kio's legs at lightning speed, forcing him to stumble.
(was lash, now succumb?) Patchou the Moon Cat arches her back and hisses at Kio, who suddenly begins to pale.
Claws distended, Patchou the Moon Cat flies at Veracruz and claws at his face.
Unknown2012-03-22 00:40:54
The Guardian champ pets are:

Institute: The Temporal Omnihedron
Shimmering, mutable crystal flows fluidly through a dazzling array of shapes that twists together to form this omnihedron. The crystal appears both solid and fluid at the same time, allowing this entity to twist endlessly into ever-changing polyhedrons. The crystal shimmers slightly with its own inner luminescence, subtly changing colour as it shifts through its various shapes, making the omnihedron confusing and difficult to look upon.

Celestines: The Handmaiden of Shakiniel
The Handmaiden of Shakiniel is an enormous celestial being. Her hair is richly textured gold that is bound back by a white-gold helmet that has enormous gold wings on either side. Her slim torso is encased in a gleaming breastplate, and she wears a skirt of chain, both of which are of the same white-gold metal. She carries a slim sword in one hand and an oval shield in the other, each crackling with blue lightning along their edges. Enormous golden wings sprout out from her armour's back, and her eyes glow with a merciful though hard light.

Nihilists: The Nil Grim Horror
From the darkest depths of Nil, this creature known only as the Nil Grim Horror is similar in form to an archdemon. However, its eyes have been gouged out, the sockets now leaking thick dark blood. The enormous bat wings on its back are shredded, the remains floating behind it like a leprous cloak. Its enormous mouth is filled with yellow rotting fangs crawling with maggots. If ever there was flesh on the chest of the Horror, it has long since decayed, leaving only a festering rib cage and a shriveled black heart that does not beat. The Nil Grim Horror radiates an aura of death and despair.

Illuminati: The Inveiglora of Gnostoratu
Sleek in figure, the Inveiglora rises to the common height of a female dracnari, her patchwork features reminiscent of a lithe humanoid. Mottled skin stretches taut over lean muscles, some patches flushed a warm pink, others dark and earthy, and still others a vibrant blue-green. Colours swirl within her irises, shifting ceaselessly along the spectrum; above them, raised ridges run along her brow and down the back of her skull, merging together at the base of the neck to continue as one down her spine. Smooth viridian scales cover her hands and forearms as well as her feet and lower legs, each one gleaming with a preternatural light that shimmers as she moves.
Sylphas2012-03-22 03:26:15
I could have sworn my Crow doll had a single eye in the middle of his head, Krokani style. Raven I assume also had two wings, but doesn't Crow have four? I always figured the eye happened with the rest of the change.
Lehki2012-03-22 04:14:37
The doll does has four wings, but the button on is off on one side of his head, not the middle.

The frightening visage of Spirit Crow has been artfully transferred to this plush doll, his feathered form fashioned from black cloth and stuffing. Four broad wings stick out from his sides, long triangles of cloth layered atop the base fabric in an imitation of feathers. Two strips of supple black leather meet to form the beak, above which rests a single red button on one side of the head. Beneath the body sits a pair of stuffed feet, the talons merely blunt toe-like stubs.
Placeus2012-03-22 05:42:02
The handmaiden gives vapors, paralysis, mana damage or health damage. I seem to recall that the omnihedron gives the same list of affs as Patchou.
Astraea2012-03-22 05:55:33
I feel like I read somewhere/was told a long time ago that Crow plucked his own eye out, crazy-style. Could be wrong though.
Svorai2012-03-22 06:38:03
How mysterious. Time to bug Viravain.

ohgodShescaresmeandIloveher
Xiel2012-03-22 07:42:11
Edit: Oh, you said Viravain.

...cackle
Svorai2012-03-22 09:17:42
Xiel:

Edit: Oh, you said Viravain.

...cackle

I can bug you too, Viyface <3 Answers, puhleez.
Xiel2012-03-22 10:18:50
Aw. If I had some, I'd've thrown it your way, but alas, I only have hazy memories myself of why Crow only has one eye. I could've sworn it was cause White Hart gouged it out, but I don't have a record of why I think so.

I'd like to guess it was something I saw before (a vision from the Nintoba Naos, maybe?) but goodness, that was a long time ago and I might be confusing some event with another. I'm sorry!