Collegium quests

by Luenn

Back to The Polling Place.

Luenn2011-08-02 06:16:49
I'll admit, I alted quite a lot before I settled on Luenn. I've completed everyones collegium quests multiple times and noticed a little disparity between the ease of some of them. I was wondering if anyone else agrees with me.
Diamondais2011-08-02 12:44:02
Yes, some feel harder than others, though I'm not sure if that is the intent.
Neos2011-08-02 13:31:33
I've only ever done Halli and Celest. I found both pretty easy to do. I tried Gaudis, but couldn't get anyone to help me out sad.gif. I've never created a short-lived alt in Glom, so never done theirs, and my alts in Seren/Mag have never lasted long enough for me to do the quest.
Qistrel2011-08-02 14:17:59
I found Hallifax's power quest far more annoying than Serenwilde's. Not necessarily harder, just more thinking and typing.
Unknown2011-08-02 17:25:12
Regarding power, I tend not to count it as a collegium quest since they existed before collegiums. (And those Hallifax spheres hit too hard for newbies to handle alone.)

As for the other collegium quests, Serenwilde's influencing, geography, and history quests have gotten simplified. For example, helping Lekari (influence) used to serve as a hint to quests in general by first asking people EXAMINE/PROBE the songs, then drop them in particular flowers (seen with LOOK) to receive three different colour feathers. Now you just influence six birds for songs.

The disparity may be from simplifying the quests to different degrees.
Aithera2011-08-02 17:29:58
The main disparity I've noticed has been healing quests. In some orgs where you're supposed to kill something, get afflicted, and cure yourself, depending on what you are, you can one or two shot the thing, preventing you from needing to get the supplies. The ones where you have to cure other people actually do make you go out and get supplies and learn how to use them.
Unknown2011-08-02 17:53:26
QUOTE (Aithera @ Aug 2 2011, 01:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The main disparity I've noticed has been healing quests. In some orgs where you're supposed to kill something, get afflicted, and cure yourself, depending on what you are, you can one or two shot the thing, preventing you from needing to get the supplies. The ones where you have to cure other people actually do make you go out and get supplies and learn how to use them.

Huh. I like that there's variety, but one- or two-shot killing the thing and skipping the healing sounds like it misses the point of the quest.
Unknown2011-08-02 18:15:48
Gaudi's flamelings have been bugged since release and don't actually attack you.

Voted Celest's, since it combines swimming across an ocean and the 'hard' college healing quest.
Sylphas2011-08-02 23:40:45
QUOTE (AquaNeos @ Aug 2 2011, 09:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've only ever done Halli and Celest. I found both pretty easy to do. I tried Gaudis, but couldn't get anyone to help me out sad.gif. I've never created a short-lived alt in Glom, so never done theirs, and my alts in Seren/Mag have never lasted long enough for me to do the quest.

You don't need to alt to see them. Sylphas has done every collegium except Glomdoring's as a Seren. It's a quick 5k gold each if you're poor and bored.
Neos2011-08-03 02:25:48
QUOTE (Sylphas @ Aug 2 2011, 07:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You don't need to alt to see them. Sylphas has done every collegium except Glomdoring's as a Seren. It's a quick 5k gold each if you're poor and bored.

I know I don't have to alt. I did Hallis and tried Gaudis on Neos when I first heard they came back and started playing again. I was saying for the few times I've created alts, they never lasted long enough for me to do the collegium quest. I think I've semi did the pixies in Seren a few times. I might try Gloms sometime in the future if I feel up to it.
Unknown2011-08-03 02:38:19
I find Glom's to be the easiest. Easy power quest, 'easy' version of the healing quest, the history quest ties up from the power quest, and to me Glomdoring's geography is easy to memorize (Spider's Larder at center: northeast is the Tower, west is the Arena, north is the Drums, northwest is the Master).
Razenth2011-08-03 04:20:03
I am inclined to agree, having done all the collegium quests except the Hallibirds.
Jack2011-08-03 04:23:39
They're all piss-easy. Hallifax has it hardest, but that's only comparative to the others; anyone with a clue can still breeze through in no time.
Dynami2011-08-03 04:25:51
All of the quests are pretty simple except for Hallifax's power quest. I admit that it will help you learn the layout of the city but after a while I felt like punching a hole through my screen... mellow.gif
Ytran2011-08-03 04:39:09
QUOTE (Dynami @ Aug 2 2011, 11:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
All of the quests are pretty simple except for Hallifax's power quest. I admit that it will help you learn the layout of the city but after a while I felt like punching a hole through my screen... mellow.gif

The Hallifax power quest is designed to separate the higher castes from the lower castes. biggrin.gif
Lilia2011-08-03 06:12:04
QUOTE (Dynami @ Aug 2 2011, 11:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Man, I -love- our power quest. It is a bit hard for newbies, though. A lot of them end up rejecting grace way early because they think they have to, and then get killed anyways.
Lorina2011-08-03 06:20:38
Halli's power quest is badass. My alt finally managed to get the golden spheres and I felt like a god. The almighty ultimate sphere! Now I want to play that dying alt...
Sylphas2011-08-03 15:10:08
It's a pain in the ass to do without chelps or anything; I had to keep referencing the one post Rika made on here about the color combinations, and hope I was giving them to the right people. Not to mention I had to bum a ride into the grid.
Luenn2011-08-04 14:40:27
QUOTE (Greleag @ Aug 3 2011, 03:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Voted Celest's, since it combines swimming across an ocean and the 'hard' college healing quest.

wasn't there a ferry that take you there for some negligible quantity of gold?

QUOTE (Alacardael! @ Aug 3 2011, 12:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I find Glom's to be the easiest. Easy power quest, 'easy' version of the healing quest, the history quest ties up from the power quest, and to me Glomdoring's geography is easy to memorize (Spider's Larder at center: northeast is the Tower, west is the Arena, north is the Drums, northwest is the Master).

Really? I always thought Gloms healing quest was one of the hardest of the healing quests. Maybe I was just picking the wrong guilds, or rushing into it, but I could never one shot the critters in the Shadowmaze (not like you can with darkings or flamelings) and I always ended up getting afflicted. Not so bad if you know what you're doing, but if you actually are a newbie and haven't picked up your cures yet, you're toast.

Definitely agree that Halli has the hardest overall, mostly because it's so hard to navigate (everything looks the same)

If there are Gorgogs around though, Mags power quest suddenly becomes so much harder. (Agressive creatures really should respect grace)
Unknown2011-08-04 14:46:38
QUOTE (luenn @ Aug 4 2011, 09:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
not like you can with darklings

Strange, I always had the opposite problem with darklings on new characters! I remember one of them tanking over 12 hits, which seemed kind of absurd (as a caster with a race that didn't have particularly low INT).

EDIT: And let's not get started on how stupid Mag's influence quest can be with the reset times. It takes so long to influence those mobs, and then if you aren't lucky in finding the right ones right away, you're very likely to lose one of the pieces you already got to decay. I heard that was fixed, though.