Collegium quests

by Luenn

Back to The Polling Place.

Unknown2011-10-21 15:13:17
Mag's influence quest has absurd reset times, and their power quest requires players to kill moderately dangerous denizens (chills, freeze, blackout, EQ steal). Further, Gorgogs like to stomp all over presumptuous novices trying to kill spectres.

On my short lived Celestine alt I had no trouble completing all the collegium quests except planar (but that usually requires help anyway). Same thing in Serenwilde. Hallifax has an annoying power quest, but less so than trying to do Mag's without a system, FirstAid, or autosipper...

Never had a Gaudi or Glom alt.
Ssaliss2011-10-21 15:24:24
Why would Gorgogs stomp on newbies killing spectres? There's a ferry going from Mag to the isle, meaning they never have to set a foot in the water. As for the EQ-stealing part, that only happens if they get behind on the freezing. I can agree that the blackout is a major PITA though.
Unknown2011-10-21 15:26:37
Gorgogs affect New Celest's power quest, too. They're released on both Seas if the quest is done. Also, Magnagora's gives the highest reward, so that balances it.
Unknown2011-10-21 15:27:31
I'm not asking to have the difficulty reduced....
Not sure why balance needs to be brought up. This is a discussion of difficulty.
Enyalida2011-10-21 18:18:13
Ssaliss:

Why would Gorgogs stomp on newbies killing spectres? There's a ferry going from Mag to the isle, meaning they never have to set a foot in the water. As for the EQ-stealing part, that only happens if they get behind on the freezing. I can agree that the blackout is a major PITA though.

I've killed Gorgogs on Spectre Island itself, I believe.
Unknown2011-10-21 18:21:12
I know I was killed once on Spectre Isle by Gorgogs, but only once. I occasionally see a novice get killed by them though, so they may be able to wander to the isle.
Lavinya2011-10-25 09:58:21
Gorgogs quite frequently also appear on the isle, yes, not just in the sea.
Jack2011-10-25 13:34:07
That should be altered, then. (On the Celest side, too, assuming gorgogs can also access the Isle of Light.) That's one of the chief bonuses to getting the ferries, not having to wade through gorgogs (or seawolves/dragon turtles) when they're on the loose; seems a little redundant otherwise.
Fayneix2011-12-07 18:31:11
You have to kill spectres for Magnagora's power quest. You can't even hurt them till about the 30th circle!
Jack2011-12-07 19:05:06
Fayneix:

You have to kill spectres for Magnagora's power quest. You can't even hurt them till about the 30th circle!

You can hunt boys/girls straight from Newton, easy, and the experience is good enough that you'll be 30 in no time flat anywho. It's not too tough.
Unknown2011-12-07 21:05:59
You can hunt boys/girls if you have at least a rudimentary curing system or are experienced at manual curing. They do hit with blackout/chills/eq loss after all.
Aithera2011-12-07 21:08:11
Hallifax's power quest involves hunting joules, which will take out novices who don't know what they're doing just as easily as boys and girls. Most organization's power quests seem designed to make anyone not an experienced alt ask for help.

Which isn't necessarily a bad thing.
Ssaliss2011-12-07 21:08:58
Of those three, only blackout is of consequence. It's obvious when they hit with chill, and the only eq-loss is the one that happens from being chilled (so if you keep fire up all the time, you never get thrown off eq). So yeah, they can be killed without any real problems at basically any level.
Fayneix2011-12-07 21:20:07
Aithera:
Hallifax's power quest involves hunting joules, which will take out novices who don't know what they're doing just as easily as boys and girls. Most organization's power quests seem designed to make anyone not an experienced alt ask for help. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Except for Celest. Digging sand? Really? Wusses
Jack2011-12-07 21:43:04
foolofsound:

You can hunt boys/girls if you have at least a rudimentary curing system or are experienced at manual curing. They do hit with blackout/chills/eq loss after all.

Nah, no skill required; you just need a fire vial. It's not like they can overwhelm with masked afflicts under the blackout, the worst they can do is strip fire or hit you for 300-ish damage.

EDIT: Didn't see Ssaliss' post. To quote Nicholas Angel, "very good. What he said."
Unknown2011-12-07 22:46:30
Fayneix:

Except for Celest. Digging sand? Really? Wusses

Glomdoring's is even easier.
Lawliet2011-12-07 22:51:25
I'd say Hallifax's power quest has to be the worst if only because of the tediousness of making the spheres when you're not a Commissariat.
Ssaliss2011-12-07 23:08:00
Phoebus:

Glomdoring's is even easier.

I'd say Glom and Seren are on equal terms (although I guess Glom's might be slightly easier, given that a single web can catch several shadows). Are Seren's pixies involved in their epic though? Cause that's kinda a downer for some newbies when they're told they can't gather their feathers...
Enyalida2011-12-07 23:11:25
We've got the same problem, to a degree.