Unknown2007-01-04 16:57:41
I am new here, just saying hello smile.gif

<3 sagepowder
Noola2007-01-04 16:59:58
Hello Sagepowder!
Unknown2007-01-04 17:06:03
Welcome to Lusternia!
Unknown2007-01-04 17:44:05
I'm not the only one here who thinks this is a bot, am I?
Jillian2007-01-04 18:06:30
Either it's a bot, or it's someone who posted in the wrong forums. Still, a bot would have posted some links to some random keylogger/trojan/other crap.
Unknown2007-01-04 18:13:45
Not necessarily. You get odd ones like this sometimes.
Unknown2007-04-02 02:19:42
Hmm. I am new here too. I tried starting a thread in the Mechanic's Corner to ask about banners in signatures, but it said I wasn't allowed to post there. This is my first post. Anyone know if there is somewhere I'm supposed to post first, so I can use the Mechanic's forum? Thanks, and hi everyone.

PS. Pardon my ignorance, but what is Project L? I assume it stands for Project Lusternia, but what is this forum area for?
Unknown2007-04-02 10:50:53
There is a forum rule that says you have to respond to an existing thread before you may start your own topic. It's to prevent spambots from starting dozens of threads, and most are not programmed to reply to existing topics.

Project L was created as an area for Lusternian coders to brainstorm on possible curing systems, GUI layouts, and mappers that could be given free to all Lusternian players as a base. It hasn't gotten too far off the ground, for various reasons, but we have managed to make progress on a mapper lately.
Unknown2008-05-08 02:54:58
I'm another new guy, sort of a migrant from Achaea. Can anyone tell me where I can find a decent curing system for free/cheap? A mapper would be great too. I use zMUD. Thanks.
Xenthos2008-05-08 02:59:14
QUOTE(Iktur @ May 7 2008, 10:54 PM) 509913
I'm another new guy, sort of a migrant from Achaea. Can anyone tell me where I can find a decent curing system for free/cheap? A mapper would be great too. I use zMUD. Thanks.

It's possible to get Palisade for 30/40 credits, but it's a bit outdated now and isn't being updated any more.

It's also got a few base flaws even before that, but if you have any idea on how to code, you can look at it and make tweaks yourself (a lot of it looks weird to begin with, but you should be able to figure it out with a basic foundation of coding experience).

That's the most prominent zMud one off the top of my head that's still "on the market" in any appreciable form. There's also a mushclient system from Ethelon, and Catarin has a free cMud system.
Unknown2008-05-08 03:06:44
QUOTE(Xenthos @ May 7 2008, 09:59 PM) 509914
It's possible to get Palisade for 30/40 credits, but it's a bit outdated now and isn't being updated any more.

It's also got a few base flaws even before that, but if you have any idea on how to code, you can look at it and make tweaks yourself (a lot of it looks weird to begin with, but you should be able to figure it out with a basic foundation of coding experience).

That's the most prominent zMud one off the top of my head that's still "on the market" in any appreciable form. There's also a mushclient system from Ethelon, and Catarin has a free cMud system.

Well, I could be interested in one for MUSH. Is the one by Ethelon pretty cheap/free? Any others that work on MUSH?
Unknown2008-05-08 03:08:13
QUOTE(Iktur @ May 7 2008, 11:06 PM) 509915
Well, I could be interested in one for MUSH. Is the one by Ethelon pretty cheap/free? Any others that work on MUSH?

Nezha has a free system for MUSHclient posted around here somewhere, and Ethelon's is 25 for the base system (extra for plugins).

I'm the zMUD system guy, and my CMUD system should be out as soon as I get the packages ready and tested in the new version 2.24 (hopefully).
Xenthos2008-05-08 03:08:29
QUOTE(Iktur @ May 7 2008, 11:06 PM) 509915

The free one by Ethelon is something like 2 years old at this point. His main one is relatively cheap I think, but he also tends to go inactive/active in periods (he's active right now). I'm not remembering other Mush systems off the top of my head at this point, though.
Unknown2008-05-08 03:22:10
QUOTE(Zarquan @ May 7 2008, 10:08 PM) 509916
Nezha has a free system for MUSHclient posted around here somewhere, and Ethelon's is 25 for the base system (extra for plugins).

I'm the zMUD system guy, and my CMUD system should be out as soon as I get the packages ready and tested in the new version 2.24 (hopefully).

Your Treant system seems pretty nice. I might make the change to cMUD for that. How outdated is your Palisade system and how much is it going for?
Xenthos2008-05-08 03:25:34
QUOTE(Iktur @ May 7 2008, 11:22 PM) 509922
Your Treant system seems pretty nice. I might make the change to cMUD for that. How outdated is your Palisade system and how much is it going for?

See my post above, as a customer. If you get it, you should expect to have to do some coding work (changing a few lines, redoing a bit of the code, etc). It's still a very good base and should work most of the time, but there are a few issues.
Shaddus2008-05-08 03:27:07
QUOTE(Xenthos @ May 7 2008, 10:08 PM) 509917
The free one by Ethelon is something like 2 years old at this point. His main one is relatively cheap I think, but he also tends to go inactive/active in periods (he's active right now). I'm not remembering other Mush systems off the top of my head at this point, though.

I will vouch for Ethelon's system, I sucked at battle until I got it, the curing is great, he updates it all the time, plugins are decent AND useful, and he has a clan JUST for asking questions, well worth the 25 credits.
Unknown2008-05-08 03:38:11
I'm really just looking for something to start out with. I want to be sure I like Lusternia enough to sink a good bit of credits into it, and I really don't have the resources to buy any from the site at the moment. Also, I would like to stick with using zMUD. It's what I've been using since playing Achaea. I've dabbled briefly with MUSH, but I'm not comfortable with it. I do have cMUD, but I haven't messed with it at all. How about a mapper? Any of those around? I like the zMUD mapper. Although, I've tinkered with a version of mud bot mapper by Whyte made for Achaea.
Unknown2008-05-08 10:11:28
Palisade isn't that outdated and the issues aren't so numerous as to hinder the gaming experience for myself or most people who use it. (In other words, no idea what Xenthos is talking about. tongue.gif ) It's got Ninjakari abilities in it, but no Nekotai stuff. I am not updating it for new abilities or envoy reports, but I have fixed a few very minor bugs here and there over the last few months. I still support it for the new customers, too, helping them to get it installed and configured, but not much beyond that.

When Treant is really ready, there will be a post on the forums. I wanted to have it read like a year ago, but the client hasn't been able to handle my scripts properly until just the last beta version (and even now I'm still able to bork it up if I get the sequence just a little wrong).

As for a mapper, you'll want to look for LMTS 2.0. Just don't use the in-game editor while you're connected through it because I have no clue how to fix that particular crash (and it exists in the base, not because of my changes, I'm 99% sure). You can buy Shamarah's map file or just ask nicely for anyone who has a good one they're willing to share for less (or free).
Xenthos2008-05-08 13:44:39
QUOTE(Zarquan @ May 8 2008, 06:11 AM) 509979
Palisade isn't that outdated and the issues aren't so numerous as to hinder the gaming experience for myself or most people who use it. (In other words, no idea what Xenthos is talking about. tongue.gif ) It's got Ninjakari abilities in it, but no Nekotai stuff. I am not updating it for new abilities or envoy reports, but I have fixed a few very minor bugs here and there over the last few months. I still support it for the new customers, too, helping them to get it installed and configured, but not much beyond that.

As an example, there's still a random issue where it stops curing completely with a certain set of afflictions (but always including some form of entanglement). Haven't quite figured it out yet, as I've had other things to work on.

Like I said, it's a very good base for zMud, but he should expect to have to tinker with it himself.
Unknown2008-05-08 14:01:32
QUOTE(Xenthos @ May 8 2008, 09:44 AM) 509992
As an example, there's still a random issue where it stops curing completely with a certain set of afflictions (but always including some form of entanglement). Haven't quite figured it out yet, as I've had other things to work on.

Like I said, it's a very good base for zMud, but he should expect to have to tinker with it himself.

Logs, or it didn't happen. Only time it ever quit on me was when I actually tried to use my "nowrap" version and zMUD choked on all the wrapping/matching it had to do.

It's not a base! It's a full-featured combat system with extras! Yeah, I know I never added some of the stuff people asked for, like springup/contort, but oh well. It is meant to be tinkered with, though, if you want it to work exactly the way you want. Highly configurable and easy to adjust, mostly through just variables.