"Fly to Heaven"

by Enyalida

Back to The Real World.

Enyalida2012-10-08 16:42:06
((You guys are the most nonchalant hijackees I've ever heard of.))

Matt:

The camera is too big for you to pocket. If you want to take it with you, you'll have to carry it in your hand the entire time. It's an out and out, high-quality video camcorder. You can do so if you want. It would also be somewhat hard to take the cord, as it appears to come out of the camera, go down to the floor where there is a large pile of it, and back up to the computer. It looks like he brought his equipment in the large blue duffle bag, which you could also use to bring along some items, but you'd also have to carry that. It's quite unwieldy looking. The cord between the computer and the wall is only a few feet long, however.

You know from being served booze on this plane that the airflight service serves their alcohol out of very small containers, which only hold 1-2 servings each. This is inefficient, but allows you to generally open a new one in front of the customer which enhances their feeling of importance, stupid as that may be. ((Notice: 76. You just can't catch a break))

The man you talk to stammers something, but takes your drink numbly. Part of you feels a little guilty that you may have sentenced this guy to his death, if he screws with the hijacker's plan too much, he may just get shot.

You can try to take the camcorder before you move on, or not.

Back in Economy:
Jack:

"Two.." the terrorist 'Apu' continues. You unbuckle your seatbelt in preparation to standing up. ((Notice: 14! Wowza)) As you do so, you notice another man, two rows ahead of you - in the center section , looking around and frowning, a hard glint in his eye. It looks like he's steeling himself to do what you plan to, stand up to save this woman.

"Three..." You can either stand now, or this other guy will stand.

Jeanette:
((Sorry you haven't gotten to do anything yet!)) You remember that you brought a metal thermos with you, though it's empty now. You thought it was strange at the time that they let you through security with it, you were planning to leave it with the friends you were staying with in Denver, you only brought it to the airport so that you wouldn't have to pay for their ridiculously overpriced coffee! However, the line was moving extraordinarily fast and you forgot all about it. They must have seen it on the scanner, but they waved you through almost absentmindedly, with the thermos in your carry on. You're pretty sure that it'd help brain someone, if need be, but right now you're concerned that your son will wake up, he hasn't yet.
Enyalida2012-10-08 16:56:39
On the upper deck:
Fatima:

Assuming you haven't gone Rambo on him, the man holding you at gunpoint takes you to the cockpit and declares his intention to the pilots of hijacking the plane. He tells them "If this plane so much as turns a mite off course, there'll be trouble!". ((Notice: 3)) He's talking more and more with this bad irish accent, though he doesn't appear to be particularly irish, not any more than the average white guy. This done, he reaches for the plane's intercom mike, and flicks it on.

Oddly out of place, considering the situation, the self-important sounding ding-dong of the PA system hums from speaker grates across the plane. In the economy section, the mad man with his gun stops counting for a moment, his grin widening when the 'captain' addresses his passengers.

"Hello everyone, this is Fergus Mahoney of the I.R.A. speaking, your new captain. Everyone buckle your safety belts, NOW. You might fall into some.. bullets if you don't comply."

There is a rustling sound of someone fumbling with controls, and the intercom clicks back off.

"Now where were we," says Apu at the front of the Economy section. "Oh yes... Three...
Portius2012-10-08 17:09:59
I'm taking a breath and standing. I figure its probably better to have me standing next to a guy with a gun than some stranger, in case there's a chance to try to stop him.
Zyphora2012-10-08 17:17:11
Trying to stay calm, I finally reach the door to the cockpit, the man still behind me. I stop before the door and stand beside it.

I knock, wondering if there will be an answer.

I say calmly to the hijacker, "The pilot might not be able to hear us through the insulation. Usually we can only reach the pilot by phone. He cannot open the cockpit unless given a valid reason over the phone. There is an interphone system at the aft of the plane."
Enyalida2012-10-08 17:32:50
Fatima:

He raises an eyebrow at you, reaches over and opens the cockpit door.

"Nice try, honey. I already unlocked the door."

((Lying rolled: 46. You didn't have a chance to fool him on that one anyways. He continues to do the PA thing. I feel bad giving you a 'nope' here. You should try to talk to this guy, but lying isn't going to really stop him. ))

EDIT: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703405704575015410398239210.html

These doors aren't terribly safe (or really very thick), and the lock/unlocking mechanism is fairly obvious and right next to the doors. They came somewhat prepared for this encounter, hehe.
Unknown2012-10-08 18:44:55
]
Zyphora2012-10-09 01:48:17
((Well, shoot. >_> Haha, I was looking up standard procedure for air flight attendants in hijacking situations and made up some other stuff.))

Barely missing a beat, I half-smile at him and say, "Well, that's lucky for us then. I've never had to talk to the pilot before. The other attendants always told me that the walls were too thick for them to hear any rowdy passengers."

With a smile, I say, "Similar to high school kids telling freshmen that there's a swimming pool on top of the school building. Ever feel like that?"
Enyalida2012-10-09 02:16:53
((Fatima, odd angle. Remember, this guy is probably pretty pissed and pretty lonely, and he's already mentioned being 'oppressed' and so on. You've been discriminated against your entire life by people in America, and this was written before 9/11 so.... You're probably going to want to try and connect on a more personal level if you're going to try to talk to him, you'll only alienate him more by talking down to him.))

((Maellio, you're good. I'm new to it too, and am probably fumbling more than you are. You can unplug and take at least one cord with you, or screw with the computer in other ways, and then continue on to fail finding anything useful in the cart (two bad rolls in a row, yesh), and go to the stairs. Just be clear what you do, right now I've got you having taken the cord from the wall to the computer and nothing else. ))

Fatima:

The man continues to give you a bewildered look. "Whatter you talking about now, lass?" he says, again with the grating bad irish accent. He reaches into his coat pocket and pulls out several large rolls of black electrical tape. Standing in the doorway between the cockpit and the super business class, he tosses a roll to you, and yells to the entire section, "Alright, you folk in the middle seats, tape the window person's arms and legs down to their seat! You on the aisles, do the same to the middle seats! Fatima, you're my deputy, you tape the aisles. Do it, or die!"

Jack:
You beat the other man to the punch, and see him settle back down into his seat and slowly raise a tense hand to his forehead.

"Fouuuu-"

Seeing you stand, Apu laughs. It's not at all a pleasant laugh, it's entirely too edgy to be anything but chilling in even a relaxed set of circumstances.

"Ah, goood! Now, step out into the aisle, hands up!" he commands, dragging along his captive to stand at the top of the aisle.

Matt:

You move into the kitchen and bathroom area between the two sections on the main floor of the plane. The stairs are indeed here, as are several clipped-in drink carts, pillows and blankets, and other similar items of flight attendant gear. The section is entirely devoid of people, and the lavatories are unoccupied. There are four, each on the exterior side of each entrance. That is, if you are entering on the left entrance, it's to your left (towards outside of the plane).
Unknown2012-10-09 02:45:02
]

I'm going to do a quick search around here to see if there's anything useful in this cubby area ]
Enyalida2012-10-09 03:06:26
((You're about to. I was waiting for just about now to continue on with that.))

Matt:

You don't find any useful mayhem gear here either. The drink carts are all pushed into the wall and clipped in, and there are no loose articles hanging around, for obvious reasons. To get into the carts, you'd have to stop and figure out how to open them, which can't be too hard... but you don't know when that man will return, and you don't want to be caught with your pants down.
Portius2012-10-09 03:48:41
I do as Apu says. I keep my hands up high as I say, calmly and slowly, "You can let her go. There's no need for a killing here. I'll do whatever you want."
Enyalida2012-10-09 04:39:12
Jack:
Once you're out in the aisle, he beckons you to come forward. Once you're 3 or 4 rows away, he tells you to stop. ((Notice: 6))
Apu looks like he's really high on something. His pupils are shrunk to pinpoints and he's all kinds of jittery. Manic energy flows from the guy.

"Oh I know!" he says, mock-sweetly. He trips Rhoda, keeping his gun trained on her head as she falls to the floor. "But I'm going to do it anyways!" BAM, he shoots her point blank in the head, and then points his gun at Jack.

The sound of gunfire is followed almost immediately by screaming and wailing from the passengers, as a small pool of blood forms around Rhoda's punctured temple. Sleeping children and babies wake and start making a ruckus as they are brought into waking abruptly and pick up on the panicking atmosphere.

((Everyone can hear this gunshot. Matt, this happens when you are glancing around the kitchen area, heading for the stairs. Fatima, it's where you last left off, just being told to start taping.

For Jeanette and Jack this is a 'rank 2 violence stress check'. Jack has two hardened notches, so he does not have to roll. Jeanette rolls, and gets... 23! She's alright, and now has two hardened notches against violence. Future violence will have less of a chance to freak her out. You're startled by the violence, but have to hold it together for your son's sake. He's flipping out at the moment as he automatically fails his violence check. A woman was just shot, not three feet from him!

Jack, you also have to test against helplessness. You roll... 45! That's really close, but you also rolled under your Mind stat. You gain a hardened notch. You were really invested in trying to save this woman from being shot, but nothing you did saved her. However, you recognize that's not at all your fault, and push any such thoughts entirely out of your head, and quickly. No point in worrying about it.
))

"Everyone SHUTUP!" Apu screams!
Unknown2012-10-09 04:57:22
Welp, as much as new plan could be 'run in towards gunfire and unknown gunman' priority is still on 'known gunman and potential plan crasher' so up the stairs I go
Zyphora2012-10-09 21:08:49
((Fatima used Flirting! ...It was ineffective. u__u))

I hear a gunshot. I hope it was just a warning - that no one's been hurt.

Taking a deep breath, I follow the gunman's orders, taping down the aisles of passengers. As I do so, I give them reassuring looks and say, "Do not worry, there is a plan. We'll be all right. I promise." Keeping everyone calm and the gunman relatively non-violent is my priority right now.

To the fussing children, I say that this is just a game. Whoever can sit still the longest gets a new toy. I stroke one boy's head to calm him.

I wonder if any of my colleagues are working to stop the hijackers. I feel guilty for helping him as his "deputy", but what else can I do? He is too strong for me to overpower alone.

To the gunman, I say with gratitude, "Thank you for not hurting them." Adopting a tone of kind interest, I say after a few moments, "My name is Fatima. What is your name?"
Enyalida2012-10-12 01:51:43
((Hey guys, I haven't forgotten you! While it hasn't eaten all of my time, RL stuff ate my energy/motivation for writing stuff for the past day or two. I'll post here in the next hour, though! Sorry about the delay.))
Zyphora2012-10-12 04:05:28
((No problem! We understand.))