Take away gold from the wheel?

by Unknown

Back to Ideas.

Calixa2012-08-12 11:15:30
For future balance, I honestly feel it'd be better to go back to mobs always dropping the same amount of gold, and just individually tweak areas so there are no outliers that are really good and thus overfarmed. During EU daytime it is just easy to log on, farm certain places, get buckets of cash. Log on during the EU / US overlap and suddenly even the less hunted placed give :censor: gold. For the record, I am an EU daytime player. Which is actually influenced by the fact that logging on in the evening is just a waste, at least for gold making :)
Knorrith2012-08-12 15:12:58
Ok, I might sound really dumb for saying this cause I am poor and the idea of having more than 500,000 gold at one time boggles my mind so I don't understand the problem of having too much cash to spend. But, isn't there something to keep in mind the disparity between say the insanely rich demigods and the extremely poor newbies that just come out of the portal? I'm also not just talking about alts I mean like true newbies to Lusternia. I hear a lot of up and coming people complain about the what seems impossibly high prices of basic equipment like masterweapons and plate or a full set of herbs and vials. Meanwhile the credit prices are just as much for one credit. Then you have the demis that hunt out the lower level hunting areas because hey the gold is good and its easy and the others are struggling to find a place they can hunt without literally eating the cost of their gains in herbs and elixirs. Its pretty much been said no one uses banks because they lose out on gold, better to leave it in some manse room. But you guys are talking about raising prices on things and adding extra fees that the novices really need to use too and it might further discourage them. So wouldn't it be a better idea to try to balance the gap between the haves and the have nots?
Turnus2012-08-12 15:24:44
Once curios for gold are put in, give people a week to spend all their gold before an event melts it all, problem solved :D
Ardmore2012-08-12 15:25:38
Don't get me started on the warrior-novices having to spent 100x (probably slightly exaggerated) more than any other novice. That's just failure on the part of the admin to think that through.
Unknown2012-08-12 15:26:31
Auctions & Lotteries.
Ssaliss2012-08-12 16:23:40
Knorrith:

Ok, I might sound really dumb for saying this cause I am poor and the idea of having more than 500,000 gold at one time boggles my mind so I don't understand the problem of having too much cash to spend. But, isn't there something to keep in mind the disparity between say the insanely rich demigods and the extremely poor newbies that just come out of the portal? I'm also not just talking about alts I mean like true newbies to Lusternia. I hear a lot of up and coming people complain about the what seems impossibly high prices of basic equipment like masterweapons and plate or a full set of herbs and vials. Meanwhile the credit prices are just as much for one credit. Then you have the demis that hunt out the lower level hunting areas because hey the gold is good and its easy and the others are struggling to find a place they can hunt without literally eating the cost of their gains in herbs and elixirs. Its pretty much been said no one uses banks because they lose out on gold, better to leave it in some manse room. But you guys are talking about raising prices on things and adding extra fees that the novices really need to use too and it might further discourage them. So wouldn't it be a better idea to try to balance the gap between the haves and the have nots?

I've always been of the same opinion, to be honest, even though I've on occasion had over 5m gold. Most, if not all, of my ideas so far have been targeted towards the upper levels of hunting, where you can reportedly sustainably make 50k per hour and even more for a single (lucky) run. I made a topic about this about a week ago now, I think, in case you want to look it up.
Daganev2012-08-12 16:35:16
When I read the title of this thread, I thought it was suggesting to remove the gold reward from spinning the wheel. As in, you can't ever win gold from the wheel. Replace the gold option with lessons.

Frankly, I think that's a wonderful idea!
Unknown2012-08-12 18:04:52
Coinless wheel spins for gold. The lame kind
Calixa2012-08-12 19:31:31
Ardmore:

Don't get me started on the warrior-novices having to spent 100x (probably slightly exaggerated) more than any other novice. That's just failure on the part of the admin to think that through.

It's obviously preparation for the weapon rune costs in their future ;)
Lilija2012-08-18 06:54:35
'Cause, y'know, you don't want them to get used to absolute power at low low prices! What do you want them to think they are, not warriors?
Malarious2012-10-09 07:20:37
Just as a note, being able to spin the wheel is a horrible thing in my opinion. I know several characters created just to spin the wheel, some of which got titan from it. Being able to turn in lessons to curios to coins and such just lets you repeat the process for quite some time.

The problem is too much gold coming in, and its destroying Lusternia. If I was a novice just coming into lusty, I would look at credit market and figure there is no reason to bother. It isn't like when I was a novice, we used to be able to bash skills at a decent rate. Now you just wonder if something else might generate more for you.