Guilds

by Saran

Back to Ideas.

Riluna2012-08-03 22:32:11
I guess I just don't see even buying something like a willpower gem to be as 'run of the mill' as you're suggesting. For your own private manse, you're paying for a personal perk, so whatever. For org structures, some sort of RP significance would be needed, imo, to explain why this particular room strengthens its org members so.

Else why even buy personal manse artifacts, if your wealthy guild has already done so because it's convenient?
Saran2012-08-03 22:42:45
Riluna:

I guess I just don't see even buying something like a willpower gem to be as 'run of the mill' as you're suggesting. For your own private manse, you're paying for a personal perk, so whatever. For org structures, some sort of RP significance would be needed, imo, to explain why this particular room strengthens its org members so.

Else why even buy personal manse artifacts, if your wealthy guild has already done so because it's convenient?

The Hartstone, at least, already have them from memory, I think it's the chamber of spiritual unity or the gathering chamber, and I thought the Moondancers had the one that makes it always night so that you can always drawdown, but I remember they had one in their guild manse which all members had access to.

Astrolabes became a manse artifact even though they were readily available in guilds from memory and realistically, any manse artifact that is really useful for a guild is probably going to end up in one if they can buy them. I'd much rather put the focus on the bigger projects like large areas and spectacular things that can only be achieved with progs.

It's not really something I was suggesting, more a tangent that came up because I guess we all like to keep our guild secrets, so exactly each guild has and their leaders know is possible can be limited. I'm working on queries about things that I don't think exist in this game but are possible, there's every possibility that the admin will turn around and say, "yeah we've done that before".
Enyalida2012-08-03 22:53:09
I remember paying for the willpower gem. It was just inserted in the chamber of spiritual unity. We built a rockingchair there, it wasn't a big rp deal.

EDIT: Things of that scale are akin to saying that you should have to consult with your landlord before buying a new set of silverware for your apartment/house. If you want to knock down walls, do any major development or even just repaper the walls, you should poke them. If you want a new couch, not so much.
Riluna2012-08-03 23:00:54
Just drapes, for the Lunarium. (Furniture, which decays and is placeable by anyone at any time). Afaik, we don't have any willpower or stasis gems or anything like that. Nor do I think we should, for no other reason than we can afford them.

Honestly, it sounds like you're asking for a huge admin project to change something so that it's more convenient for you, not them. All of this stuff can be part of a larger project, if that's what you want to focus on.
Saran2012-08-04 03:36:02
Riluna:
Just drapes, for the Lunarium. (Furniture, which decays and is placeable by anyone at any time). Afaik, we don't have any willpower or stasis gems or anything like that. Nor do I think we should, for no other reason than we can afford them.

Honestly, it sounds like you're asking for a huge admin project to change something so that it's more convenient for you, not them. All of this stuff can be part of a larger project, if that's what you want to focus on.

The hartstone have furniture too, considering my tapestry selection for the caverns. However, with dreamweaving willpower costs, the gem seems more beneficial to our members.

The "huge admin project" I personally want to see is in the first post and doesn't really include this. The goal is to help guilds realise their awesome and to stand out on their own. If easier upgrades to guildhalls is part of that then cool, if not oh well. Enyalida can probably say how little impact it would have on my current ideas.

I'd like to see people talk about what isn't great with guild mechanics, what is, and what could be cool additions to an aspect of the game that by design we're all supposed to be engaged in.