Axelord Combat Help

by Kayaldiyah

Back to Combat Guide.

Raeri2012-03-03 00:19:17
Ushaara:

Should also keep in mind that nightkiss/drawdown weaponaura is the equivalent of 550cr in weapon runes! Don't know how many credits people would pay for a 24 dmp all too! *jealous shakefist

You can get 35 DMP to cutting and blunt from skinrot too, but look at all the fuss people are raising about that - even going so far as to enemy people who are coughing and visit their territories, let alone PAYING for it. Yet at the same time they complain about being squishy and taking too much damage. I really don't get some people.
Enyalida2012-03-03 06:19:18
Says patient zero.
Rivius2012-03-03 11:15:34
Solanis:

Who are these top tier warriors without runes? /curious

There's only one warrior in this entire game I'd have ever called top tier, and he definitely has a full set of runes. No one else even comes close to comparing.
Naia2012-03-03 13:09:39
I love knight heaps. It's so much more fun dealing with wound affs and targeting your attacks. But I switched out because you -do- need the runes to to -reliably- land the affs. Otherwise your only kills come from lucky cleaves or getting the behead when 5 other knights are also hacking down.

It's not that I can't afford 2k credits for full level 2 runes (although I can't), it's because I don't want to.

Also, Celina had zero runes until yesterday, and she's had a brilliant k-t-d ratio, and not by sniping the killing blow either.
Neos2012-03-03 15:48:52
Rivius:

There's only one warrior in this entire game I'd have ever called top tier, and he definitely has a full set of runes. No one else even comes close to comparing.

I can think of maybe 3+, but admittedly, only two of them are really active.
Unknown2012-03-03 18:55:04
Celina is not a top-tier warrior by any means. I've not heard of her once killing a capable combatant in a one-on-one fight.
Rivius2012-03-03 20:55:12
AquaNeos:

I can think of maybe 3+, but admittedly, only two of them are really active.

Hrm. Who's the second? I've really yet to see a second warrior who is able to make the best armour, curing and counter offense look like cake. But he's a circus freak.
Neos2012-03-03 21:02:08
Rivius:

Hrm. Who's the second? I've really yet to see a second warrior who is able to make the best armour, curing and counter offense look like cake. But he's a circus freak.

Veryzhul and Geb are two who come to mind who can really kill as warriors, though Geb hasn't played in some time and Vey went back to Celestines.
Razenth2012-03-03 21:16:02
So... who is the other one that's really active then, Neos?
Zilias2012-03-12 17:24:13
Xyas:

It doesn't take any runes at all to be among the top tier warriors....but it takes runes to be among the top tier fighters out of all archetypes.

Yes, I retract my statement. I recently upgraded my runes to level 2 Runes and I am killing a LOT more.
Ushaara2012-03-13 20:36:16
New ShatterAnkle lines for Axelord:
Sweeping a crystal-studded greataxe through the air overhead, Khydan sends it whooshing straight towards your left leg. Your left ankle is struck, shattering the bone with a tremendous crack.

Swinging a crystal-studded greataxe in an underhand arc, Khydan strikes at you.
Your left ankle is slashed, shattering the bone with a tremendous crack.

Letting a crystal-studded greataxe droop, Khydan suddenly heaves it up at you.
Your right ankle is hacked, shattering the bone with a tremendous crack.

First is power sweep, second slash, third hack up. :)
Unknown2012-03-20 15:36:13
Ushaara:

New ShatterAnkle lines for Axelord:

First is power sweep, second slash, third hack up. :)

How is the new shatterankle helping axelord combat? Is it helping a lot or not really?