Bard combat.

by Unknown

Back to Combat Guide.

Daereth2012-02-08 08:49:49
Draylor:
Also, Daereth. Who are you in game apart from an unranked with 5% my might?

I'd like to see you M6 kill me, heh.

Does nobody read my signature?
Unknown2012-02-08 08:53:16
Raeri:

Just thought I'd toss this out there - from some testing I did a while back, the aurics only don't go away if the caster of the dchord is holding the octave.

Confirmed. I tested this only a few days ago.

Daereth:

No. I see no sigs at all. They tend to be silly.
Daereth2012-02-08 08:57:44
Draylor:
No. I see no sigs at all. They tend to be silly.

I am Daedalion.

Also, I'm not talking about regular minorsixth damage. That would be stupid. Harbinger minorsixth is not regular damage, it is borderline insanity. And this thread is about Harbingers, at least that was my assumption since Nicholo is in fact a Harbinger.
Unknown2012-02-08 09:00:24
Abusing a gimmick trick to keep blind is just that - a gimmick.

I'm speaking from the perspective of the glamourist only needing to flare twice then maze.
Razenth2012-02-08 09:03:22
It's 50% increase, not double anymore.
Raeri2012-02-08 09:06:36
Daereth:

Apparently :/
Daereth2012-02-08 09:06:56
Razenth:
It's 50% increase, not double anymore.
Ah, nerfed.. When did that happen? Though I'm sure it doesn't exactly suck. Ahem.. carry on then..
Raeri2012-02-08 09:11:40
Daereth:

Ah, nerfed.. When did that happen? Though I'm sure it doesn't exactly suck. Ahem.. carry on then..

Report 390 to nerf, report 578 to compensate.
Daereth2012-02-08 09:19:21
Raeri:
Report 390 to nerf, report 578 to compensate.

Geez, if I knew this earlier I could of saved a whole bunch of time arguing about it. Huh, Harbs are kinda crap out of luck then.
Naia2012-02-08 09:45:39
oops nvm, didn't see 2nd page.
Asmodea2012-02-08 13:20:03
Basically as a bard 1 vs 1 your kill options are going to be limited, and that is 99% damage which for you is going to come from either dchord, crowcaw spam or just damaging. The only thing outside the box is how you go about sticking the nessecary afflictions you'll need to make it easier. If you're planning on staying Glamours then you're going to want to stick rainbow/hypnotic patterns. Mesmerize is a highly underestimated ability, make use of it. Afterimaged colourburst is also rather nasty and helpful with stacking afflictions when accompanied with a maelstrom.

As a Harb, manabarbs really is your friend with the amount if bleeding you can hit with and minorsixth. Hope this helps!
Unknown2012-02-08 13:33:43
Sojiro:

There's very little chance to kill someone high tier as a bard right now. Maybe some envoy reports will fix that.

Okay, at least that's cleared. Thanks all for the comments and input - backed up my belief that I really can't do scat as a solo bard at the moment. As noted, everyone really does wise up after fighting a bard after a while. Though I do admit that I haven't tried everything, most of it's useless. I'll stick to being a midbie and sticking in groups until some fixes are made that we can actually do things solo.

Edit:

Asmodea, mind elaborating on Mesmerize? I really don't get the sleep attrition thing since it takes forever. I've been told that it's pretty useless and that I shouldn't even bother. Sleep locking's too hard.
Daereth2012-02-08 13:48:34
You wouldn't be sleep locking. Just flare, and Mesmerize like 10 times to get to really freakin tired and watch the sleep spam. It's more for hindering purposes since you can't sleep lock.
Unknown2012-02-08 17:29:12
Ten unblind Mesmerizes to build up sleep attrition? Specifically ten or was that just a rough estimate?
Unknown2012-02-08 18:57:55
Daereth:

Yet another person who underestimates the power of double mana loss.

Ah. I totally forgot that Harbringers can do that. I can see it happening in that case, though only against high mana, low health races.

Asmodea2012-02-08 22:52:51
It takes about 8 mesmerizes on an UNBLIND target to get them to badly needing sleep and constantly passing out. But Daedalion is correct, it wouldn't be a sleep lock, just a large hinderance helping you stack on the needed afflictions to get the kill.