London Meet 2012

by Okin

Back to Meet and Greet.

Anita2012-03-05 20:20:03
Knowing me, I would surely get lost somewhere along the line from the airport to a hotel and then to there >.<

EDIT: NEVERMIND. I've been there before xD
Unknown2012-03-06 08:53:50
Screw London! Closer to me so I can come!

:(

There are actually quite a number of us who live in the north. You know it makes sense.
Caffrey2012-03-06 10:36:09
Draylor:

the north.

Is that like, past Watford?
Unknown2012-03-06 10:52:41
Oh, the sarcasm! :P

Bit further. Like....Another 150 miles or so. :)
Near2012-03-06 17:19:58
Even further from France! *shakefist*
Shiri2012-03-07 18:15:53
I think Okin's coming over from France, join him at Calais or whatever and come to London! Unless I'm totally misinformed.

Someone may be staying over with me so if anyone has a better suggestion than Caffrey's post it'd be great to post it sooner so we don't get plane/train tickets booked for a bad time! (I'm still trying to get hold of Wuylinfe incidentally...)
Caffrey2012-03-07 19:13:20
Shiri:

I think Okin's coming over from France, join him at Calais or whatever and come to London! Unless I'm totally misinformed.

Someone may be staying over with me so if anyone has a better suggestion than Caffrey's post it'd be great to post it sooner so we don't get plane/train tickets booked for a bad time! (I'm still trying to get hold of Wuylinfe incidentally...)

Well, Okin is coming over from France, but actually several days before that, that's just the only weekend he is here!

I'm afraid that, even though half of my family is from up north, my vote for the 28th April goes to London.
Anita2012-03-07 20:58:50
Turns out I wouldn't be able to go. I owe my parents money for my passport they paid for -.-
Unknown2012-03-07 21:44:15
Anita:

Turns out I wouldn't be able to go. I owe my parents money for my passport they paid for -.-

*lament*
If you ever come to Washington, D.C., we have to attempt a meet on this side of the pond.
Shiri2012-03-10 20:35:56
Wuylinfe seems to be able to make it!
Unknown2012-03-11 23:50:50
A pub? What about the underage of us who can't drink! (I am well old enough to drink but others might not be) Alternatively, for easier access, a nice pub in London Bridge. It's The Old Kings Head, and it's like five minutes from London Bridge station. Alternatively, a subway.
Anisu2012-03-12 10:54:59
calico:

A pub? What about the underage of us who can't drink! (I am well old enough to drink but others might not be) Alternatively, for easier access, a nice pub in London Bridge. It's The Old Kings Head, and it's like five minutes from London Bridge station. Alternatively, a subway.

Easier access for who :P. Theoretically if you have people coming from mainland Europe the easiest meeting place would be near or in St-Pancras station since that is the entry point of the Eurostar as well as being connected to the airport lines and a bunch of other tube lines.

I'm quite sure the reason people take Holborn is because that is the traditional Lusternia meeting place in London and people know several other pubs, eating places and whats not in walking distance of it.

Hrm also a working week for me, no visits to London.
Shiri2012-03-12 12:55:27
Yeah, we've been there 3 years running now so it's nice that way (and not all of us drink anyway, so whatever.)
Caffrey2012-03-12 16:38:23
Anisu:

Hrm also a working week for me, no visits to London.

But it's on a Saturday!!
Caffrey2012-03-12 16:46:32
calico:

A pub? What about the underage of us who can't drink!

It has a child friendly logo on the website!

Plus, Shiri got in without being challenged... ;)

Also, if you are that young, you might want to bring a responsible adult with you. :P
Anisu2012-03-12 20:30:24
caffrey:

But it's on a Saturday!!

My work week is wednesday-tuesday on a biweekly basis. So working in weekend too.
Caffrey2012-04-04 18:34:50
Well, sorry you won't be able to make it Anisu. :(

For the rest of you who can, or who might be able to...

Just over three weeks away!

I think we have 5 already but it would be nice to get more.
Unknown2012-04-04 18:49:02
I'd like to put forth the Science Museum as a suggestion! It's free!
Caffrey2012-04-04 19:03:32
Shou:

I'd like to put forth the Science Museum as a suggestion! It's free!

More than happy to go there and I'm certain Okin will be, because we only saw a fraction of the place when I took him there. But the question is, should we keep the meeting spot the same, and then travel there, or, meet at the Science Museum in the first place?
Unknown2012-04-04 20:37:42
For me it's fine to meet at the pub and go there if you guys want, but if some of you end up paying extra to take the tube/bus then might be better to meet there directly. It isn't very difficult to find, anyway, just right by one of the stations... cannot remember exactly which one but it's very noticeable.