Organizational Fun

by Mirami

Back to Survival Guide.

Saran2011-12-22 14:12:36

Dismissing Tree in particular, as you did, would be a bad move especially because Serenwilde is a forest full of trees, and the Moonhart Mother Tree was a seed of the Tree of Trees. The same goes for Maeve, because she's the Queen of the Fae and Fae (which include the lesser and the Great Spirits Moon and Hart) are supposed to be a very big part of Serenwilde identity.

But hey, if that's the way you want to take it, go ahead. Just expect every Glomdoring member to laugh in your face since you're living in a forest of Wyrd-touched trees and using the magic of Wyrden Maeve, and yet oppose the Wyrd. Go you!

But this is the issue, the view that Maeve and the fae are connected to the wyrd is not new, it is a fact we know this is true.
The Tree of Trees is comprised of the collective spirits of the trees in the forest and so

I'm not sure what part of what you're saying is new. The wyrd is connected to serenwilde through these constructs, for the wyrd it is one more way to infect us, for serenwilde it is a weakness we cannot rid ourselves of.
Unknown2011-12-22 14:32:20
I'm not saying anything new. I'm just replying to Qistrel's post using old information, and explaining why just dismissing it without having something more than 'we hate the Wyrd!' will be a bad identity for Serenwilde to assume.
Enyalida2011-12-22 18:15:34
Right. I'm writing a post to that effect >_>
Qistrel2011-12-22 19:09:42
I never intended that our identity would be 'We hate the Wyrd'. The point I am trying to make is that we need to emphasis the teachings of White Hart and Mother Moon. Destruction (or containment if you are less of a zealot than Qistrel) of the wyrd is part of that, but not the whole. White Hart has other teachings - inner strength and selfless sacrifice are the two I know of. I said on the Seren newsboards that we must respect Tree and thank him for his gifts, but remember he is misguided. And I negelected to mention that here. I'm ditzy and scatterbrained. and my posts here probably have far to much RP in them. :P

As for how the wyrd has affected Tree, I view the wyrd in a different light to the taint. I think the wyrd should be seen (by Serenwilde) as a slow creeping infestation, a slow killing disease, a cancer. In that way, Glomdoring is completely riddled by it and is unhealable (as we seem to be constantly reminded). Tree has become infected because of Glomdoring, but he is less vulnerable and able to fight off the disease with a lot of success by the mere presence of the 'pure' Serenwilde, but, he is not entirely trustworthy.

Now for a terrible analogy. Tree is a bit like Cable, from the X-Men, infected with the t/o virus. It has altered a significant part of his body, but he has halted it's progress by focusing his considerable and formidable superpowers on doing so. This has weakened his superpowers a lot, because so much of them are focussed on fighting his own body. And if ever he were to stop...well, the t/o virus would overtake him completely in a very short time.
Unknown2011-12-22 21:10:40
Except that isn't really a proactive goal, at least not one that is easily identifiable. Celeste seeks to spread the Light, Magnagora, the Taint, Hallifax, Harmony, Gaudiguch, Freedom, and Glomdoring, the Wyrd. Serenwilde can't really claim that they are attempting to spread "Nature" since event fluff has established that the Wyrd has become an essential part of nature. What is the essential nature of Nature? Is it some form of "anti-civilization", that the wild lands and forests should replace entities such as cities? If so, how can they claim to advance "Nature" when they themselves build artificial structures and use manufactured goods? Is it that the Taint and the Wyrd are corruptions of nature? If so, how can that be reconciled with the Tree of Trees, who is in some way an amalgamation of the Great Trees, and claims that the Wyrd is now an essential part of him, and by extension, Nature? In short, what is the ultimate goal of Serenwilde, what would the world be like if they "won"? Every other organization can at least give some sort justifiable answer to that question, Serenwilde cannot really do so anymore.
Siam2011-12-23 10:35:48
If you're Wyrden and you know it, flap your crow cloaks!