Project L: Mapping

by Unknown

Back to Project L.

Unknown2006-01-06 06:06:05
Oh, the monastery thread reminded me... I can't access all manses, obviously, so those are other areas that need to be included.

I think I've got most of the bigger manses though, excluding Richter's.
Unknown2006-01-06 13:00:45
QUOTE(Avaer @ Jan 6 2006, 07:47 AM)
And we'll probably have to code something about not wandering through enemy territory.

"area off ". I know, it needs a better name, but it's already there.
Unknown2006-01-06 13:38:51
Thanks! No need to get smooshed by the annoying entrance to Mag that happens to be on the road now.
Unknown2006-06-29 14:39:10
Where could one get this bot? And perhaps the maps already created?
Unknown2006-07-18 06:47:36
Umm could someone reupload the map files and the mudbot modules ? Or are they not public anymore ? Thanks
Esano2006-07-18 11:27:04
Just so people know, this mapper is the work of Whyte in Imperian, so send your thanks to him.
Unknown2006-09-16 20:06:31
QUOTE(Afirak @ Jul 18 2006, 02:47 AM) 308889

Umm could someone reupload the map files and the mudbot modules ? Or are they not public anymore ? Thanks

yea...anyone got an IMap file that works?
Sybl2006-10-24 16:13:10
Aye, I'd _really_ appreciate it if someone could re-upload the map file.
Unknown2007-03-14 07:17:25
Is this thread still alive? Any way to get the map files that were discussed earlier?
Unknown2007-03-14 11:16:28
Someone said a while back that they would be modifying the MudBot code to work with Lusternia mapping (create LMap from IMap), though I can't find who said it right now. I'd be interested in trying out a Lusternia version of Whyte's mapper and I'd also appreciate any maps anyone can post for such a thing. ATCP FTW?
Unknown2007-03-14 12:48:11
QUOTE(Zarquan @ Mar 14 2007, 12:16 PM) 390752
Someone said a while back that they would be modifying the MudBot code to work with Lusternia mapping (create LMap from IMap), though I can't find who said it right now. I'd be interested in trying out a Lusternia version of Whyte's mapper and I'd also appreciate any maps anyone can post for such a thing. ATCP FTW?

That'd be me.

I got ATCP working correctly, even with sending the values onto the ILua module (where I code my system, pure lua client ftw), and I made some modification to some Lusternia specific messages like following, elevation room title. It's pretty much adjusted to and working like a charm with Lusternia but I still have some issues to solve and alot of Imperian specifics to remove. Before I solve those I probably wont release anything, allthough I do appreciate any coding help I can get since I'm pretty green on C and seldom have more than 5min spare time between work, girlfriend and sleep.
Unknown2007-03-14 13:41:14
Sleep? That's your problem right there. Real coders don't need sleep. wink.gif

If you want to e-mail me the code, I'd be glad to take a look and update a few things. C is my primary language, though Lua is my new favorite.
Unknown2007-03-15 00:03:01
I was able to find two versions of a Lusternia imap file on the net... one is Imap.l on the source forge project but it's only 88k. Google however turned up one on an angelfire webpage that was 480k, it doesn't have celest sewers or sewer support at all, or Magnagora, but it seems to have most of prime and probably the other basic planes. The weird thing is, I'm searching for it again and can't find it... I did find a different one however that seems to have 2k rooms.

http://www.freewebs.com/heliomance/Lusternia/IMap

That said, I am also probably going to try and modify whyte's for Lusternia. I know enough of C++ that I recompiled it for use on Imperian after taking out the various weaknesses in the system, and am planning on changing the balance and consumption messages in the source without using the health sipper (too complicated for lusternia with the apply health part of the game). CroX if you want to message me with what you have perhaps we can work on it together or I can just make the simpler version I have in mind on my own... all I really expect from what I'm planning is an eat/smoke balance queue that recognizes the various lock messages and waits, and I'll do everything else through zmud integration.
Unknown2007-03-15 09:39:21
QUOTE(Jello @ Mar 15 2007, 01:03 AM) 390875
I was able to find two versions of a Lusternia imap file on the net... one is Imap.l on the source forge project but it's only 88k. Google however turned up one on an angelfire webpage that was 480k, it doesn't have celest sewers or sewer support at all, or Magnagora, but it seems to have most of prime and probably the other basic planes. The weird thing is, I'm searching for it again and can't find it... I did find a different one however that seems to have 2k rooms.

http://www.freewebs.com/heliomance/Lusternia/IMap

That said, I am also probably going to try and modify whyte's for Lusternia. I know enough of C++ that I recompiled it for use on Imperian after taking out the various weaknesses in the system, and am planning on changing the balance and consumption messages in the source without using the health sipper (too complicated for lusternia with the apply health part of the game). CroX if you want to message me with what you have perhaps we can work on it together or I can just make the simpler version I have in mind on my own... all I really expect from what I'm planning is an eat/smoke balance queue that recognizes the various lock messages and waits, and I'll do everything else through zmud integration.

Heliomance's map is corrupted if I recall it correctly. So is the only other one I've found. This upsets the sensitive map reader part of the IMapper module, so that it crashes if you reload the map. Never noticed the Lusternian map at SF though, thanks, I'll check it out.

I wont touch the Imperian module, which contains the curing and all that. The only parts I'm interested in myself is IMapper and ILua. Or perhaps only ILua, in which case I'll be looking at a pure proxy with LUA hooks.
Unknown2007-03-15 19:18:24
Hmm, how does Heliomance's map mess up? I haven't had any problems with it so far, walked from Celest to Mag and up and down Avechna's.
Unknown2007-03-16 11:23:33
QUOTE(Jello @ Mar 15 2007, 08:18 PM) 391098
Hmm, how does Heliomance's map mess up? I haven't had any problems with it so far, walked from Celest to Mag and up and down Avechna's.

It works like a charm at get go. However, if you try to reload it (MAP LOAD) the IMapper module will crash.

My own experiments told me that this was because of a bug in the IMapper module but Whyte said it wasn't so at all but rather because of a corrupted map (eg, fixed/messed up in Notepad).
Drathys2007-03-16 11:45:28
If you wanted to be pedantic, you could still say that it was a bug in the module if it fails to accept bad data gracefully.
Unknown2007-03-25 17:21:36
I haven't heard from either of you in a while now, since I mailed you the LMapper module. Please do contact me with any feedback or modifications you may have.

I have done one myself, in the title parsing section, where it now accepts numbers in titles. It didn't before, so mapping Magnagora messed up since there's two cells somewhere in there (A1 and B1 I think). Tell me if you want the new code with this included.

A solution for environment types is on my list of TODOs. For some reason the devs decided that melding a room (that's the term, right?) changed the environment type showing up on SURVEY, while not actually changing environment type, just adding one to the room. How you got any ideas on how to bypass this superficial change? A manual switch would be a solution, allthough you don't always know the original type.
Unknown2007-03-25 20:21:03
I've been working with the source code, making a few minor changes here and there. Mostly, though, I've been trying to figure out the nuances of Whyte's system and how I can make maps that work very well. I am impressed with the pathfinding, speedwalking, and automatic locator! I'm cleaning up the directory to include only what is needed to build and use the system for Lusternia, and I'll post a link to the archive soon.

The environment types aren't too hard to figure out, some of them are given away by the herbs that grow there or we've managed to figure out a few here and there when there was no wyrd/forest. I'll probably see about implementing a 'room type' command, which shouldn't be difficult at all.
Unknown2007-03-25 22:31:16
I've been working on my C++ program exclusively... I'll take a look at what you sent me soon though smile.gif