by Estarra

Back to Common Grounds.

Estarra2012-09-29 00:51:37
If you haven't seen the latest announce:

ANNOUNCE NEWS #2078
Date: 9/29/2012 at 0:32
To : Everyone
Subj: Waystation Curios Release!

We've hinted that we were thinking of releasing curios for questing!
Well, we are trying it out with the Waystation quests! If you aren't
familiar with the Waystation quests, seek out the carriage that circles
the main roads of the Basin of Life. There are 11 quests total plus the
honour quest so you can collect a total of 12 curio parts through
completing the entire quest circuit. (BTW, this quest is now repeatable,
i.e., if you had done it once, you can do it again.)

Have fun!

Tell us what you think! We'll probably want to do more of these curio quests and hopefully we can announce them as we put them in (so expect a few more next month)! What quests would you like to see have them?
Xenthos2012-09-29 00:57:12
NOT the epic quest chains. They take too long to complete, and trying to get pieces by doing them over and over... it would be painful. Please don't do those.

You could do a chain of quests that are nature-oriented (ghost-wolves, snowcat, tar pits, etc).
Eventru2012-09-29 01:04:51
Xenthos:

NOT the epic quest chains. They take too long to complete, and trying to get pieces by doing them over and over... it would be painful. Please don't do those.

You could do a chain of quests that are nature-oriented (ghost-wolves, snowcat, tar pits, etc).

You'll see in the Waystation quest you get curios for the various parts (so a total of 12 pieces for completing the quest). So you could be getting a piece for every prophesy gotten (or what have you). Still a lot of work, though.
Xenthos2012-09-29 01:40:00
Eventru:

You'll see in the Waystation quest you get curios for the various parts (so a total of 12 pieces for completing the quest). So you could be getting a piece for every prophesy gotten (or what have you). Still a lot of work, though.

Oh, I am already looking at it that way; each prophecy is 1 quest of the chain, but you're putting in WAY too much work, you have to get a ton of pieces, and it would take RL months.

Just no. Please, gods, no.
Enyalida2012-09-29 02:02:44
And people wanting to collect the curios would potentially farm people trying to just do the quest for its own sake right out of the running.
Xenthos2012-09-29 02:07:34
Why can't I set a pyramid point inside the carriage any more?
Xenthos2012-09-29 02:52:09
Also: Why aren't there achievements for completing curios yet? :o
Unknown2012-09-29 02:58:35
All that's going through my head at the moment is, "What about the people who suck at questing." :|
Eventru2012-09-29 03:05:46
Draylor:

All that's going through my head at the moment is, "What about the people who suck at questing." :|

They're certainly capable of trading for them.

Re pyramid in carriage, no idea. We didn't change that.
Unknown2012-09-29 03:09:19
Eventru:

They're certainly capable of trading for them.

Ahh, indeed. Fair point.

I guess I was really looking for something that literally everybody could take part in accomplishing, regardless of ability. I personally understood this new addition as something akin to previous mini-quests. (The tree, for example.)

Regardless, awesome new thing to play with! Thanks!
Eventru2012-09-29 03:15:52
Draylor:

Ahh, indeed. Fair point.

I guess I was really looking for something that literally everybody could take part in accomplishing, regardless of ability. I personally understood this new addition as something akin to previous mini-quests. (The tree, for example.)

Regardless, awesome new thing to play with! Thanks!

No, as you've probably realized it's for standard quests. Estarra only added the Waystations currently, for the sake of testing and to see how players like it.

We may add them to future quests, IE by helping the kelpies you might earn pieces towards a set. We also have the option of 'like quests' earning parts of a set (ie raising Marilynth, doing the Celest prophesy quest, breeding dragon turtles, weakening/killing Ladantine, doing the Cloadahi quest, all give curio pieces of one set). Not to say we will do that, but it's an option we have.

Est said she's looking for suggestions on quests y'all might like to see curios for, so, suggest away!
Unknown2012-09-29 03:23:42
Yay! This sounds so awesome.
Xiel2012-09-29 04:16:39
First of all, zomgz, more information already being gathered.

Secondly, as for suggestions, since the Wayfaire quest is essentially a multi-step quest with a reward at each step, I figure some of the longer quests with identifiable stages would be nice for this. If I recall right, some of the multiple step quests (where a piece could be gifted at the successful completion of a stage) include:

• The scroll of Enlightenment quest in Tosha.
  • The lovers of the Caoimhe Dell.
  • The freeing of the maiden Feyahi in the Kryden Valik.
  • The artifacts of the Melishmora of Imperial Secrets.

Though, none of them are exactly 12 steps long like the Waystation quest, but I think it'd be a start.
Enyalida2012-09-29 04:23:38
Let's leave off Tosha? It already gets farmed enough as is, and has implications beyond the quest itself.
Unknown2012-09-29 04:37:12
UV, Icewynd, Org, and Aetherspace epic quests. Do it.
Ssaliss2012-09-29 06:05:44
Are the curios you get predetermined (i.e. completing one quest several times gets you several copies of the same piece), or are they random?
Unknown2012-09-29 06:16:05
Random, looks like.
Ssaliss2012-09-29 06:18:19
Time to find a waystation quest I can do and farm the crap out of it then!

Also, do these curios have any powers like the previous sets?
Unknown2012-09-29 08:54:54
Wow, those are way better than I thought! I was expecting just ambients with maybe the collection power being like a road travel one but that's a full set. I love that there's a road travel curio. Is there a limit other than the seasons and respawn rate? I can see these getting competitive and Sako becoming ridiculously fat.

Hmm, if they're rubbable too that may be too good and end up with another gold influx.