Diplomacy

by Ssaliss

Back to Ideas.

Ssaliss2012-09-30 18:37:49
I don't feel as if this is a simple idea, or I would have posted it there.

Right now, any notes in DIPLOMACY are completely lost if they're unenemied, so at times it can be tricky to keep things up-to-date. Personally, I would much prefer it if diplomacy acted more as a "permanent record"; you'd be able to see when they were enemied (and for what reason), when they were unenemied, any notes or comments on their status, etc. In the same line, making comments and notes purely additive would also be a welcome change (so if you DIPLOMACY NOTE , the new stuff would be on a line by itself). It would be good to have an "undo" button for comments and notes made in the last hour or two though, just in case you make a comment instead of a note or some such.

I do realise the obvious counter-argument is "But think of the space requirements!". Given the massive data already in the game, however, this would likely make up an extremely small percentage of the total, so I don't think that would be an issue.

Any other comments or thoughts about this?
Enyalida2012-09-30 18:59:32
I agree! I so wish we could keep notes and comments on people even after they have been unenemied. Good for repeat offenders and just generally keeping track of things.
Unknown2012-09-30 19:10:52
Definitely. Love this idea.
Tacita2012-09-30 19:39:51
I can think of dozens of times that having access to something like this would've made life a whole lot easier. If it's possible it would be fantastic.
Ssaliss2012-09-30 19:44:00
Well, technically, everything's possible. It's just a matter of effort versus benefit. Although frankly, I don't think this would be too much of an effort either, since I believe there already exists a permanent record of everyone tied to their characters (credit purchases etc), so the foundation is already in there.
Svorai2012-09-30 21:44:50
Please please please please please.
Iosai2012-10-01 09:35:00
I looked into this with plans to implement it - but unfortunately the system currently in place to track diplomacy wouldn't easily convert to a persistent record, so this isn't by any means a 5-minute job. That's not to say I still won't do it, but I'll need to justify the effort and have a few hours spare to get it in. Given the positive response to this idea, I will put it on my list.
Unknown2012-10-01 09:40:25
Iosai:

I looked into this with plans to implement it - but unfortunately the system currently in place to track diplomacy wouldn't easily convert to a persistent record, so this isn't by any means a 5-minute job. That's not to say I still won't do it, but I'll need to justify the effort and have a few hours spare to get it in. Given the positive response to this idea, I will put it on my list.

See, this sort of thing is why everyone loves you. I'm so glad we didn't lose you forever. <3
Unknown2012-10-01 10:06:20
Everiine2012-10-01 18:22:27
One of the things I have always liked about this game--admin response.