A grey sprout in Maylea's temple

by Moriana

Back to Event Scrolls.

Moriana2012-09-21 16:47:26
By request, I'm posting the log of what happened in Maylea's temple after she invited Isune and her order to join them to see what surprise Maylea had in store for them, followed by some great storytelling by Maylea. Because gods are cool, and it's always great to see them show new things to us mortals. :)

With a wistful look on her face, Gabriella touches a marble plinth.
The air stirs briefly, moving the petals of the flowers above as the light bends around Gabriella, enveloping her in shifting shades of deep red, before she fades from view.
You follow Gabriella Talnara, Blossoming Hope to entering a humble vestibule.

You follow Gabriella Talnara, Blossoming Hope southeast to the Cloudless Sanctum.

Gabriella Talnara, Blossoming Hope says, "Welcome to the Inner Temple of the Lady Maylea."

You follow Gabriella Talnara, Blossoming Hope southwest to an arched chamber of lavender.

You follow Gabriella Talnara, Blossoming Hope southwest to an orchid-adorned pavilion.

Librarian Portius Windwhisper says, "It is lovely."

Extending a hand, Gabriella Talnara, Blossoming Hope says, "These are the gardens. Please mind your
step around the willow tree."

Winter's Tempest, Hiriako Myeras says, "There is a lot of beauty here."

An orchid-adorned pavilion.
Four tiled columns stand at the corners of this pavilion, arching upwards to support a white plaster dome decorated with sage and lavender tiles in complex, swirling spirals. The floor is similarly adorned, unfolding into labyrinthine patterns of orchids as it encircles the tree. To every side, flowers grow, encroaching, but not overgrowing, the tiled pathways leading through the inner sanctum. The scent of sweet water and incense lingers in the air, providing a serene, appealing atmosphere to the environs. Flowers bloom amid the graceful, drooping leaves of a willow tree, flourishing in the soil here. The only peculiarity about this sprout is how ordinary it is as it grows here. Surrounded by forks of white lightning, a scintillating gold thunderbird spreads his white-feathered wings here, grey eyes alight with a considerate intellect. Librarian Portius Windwhisper is here. Gabriella Talnara, Blossoming Hope is here. She wields a mystic cudgel in her left hand and a glowing powerstone in her right. Winter's Tempest, Hiriako Myeras stands here, chanting a harmonic mantra of strength and unity under his breath. He wields a shofa of glimmering moonstone in his left hand and a shofa of jet-black onyx in his right.
You see exits leading northeast, southeast, and in.

Isune arrives, following Maylea, Bloom of Serenity.
The light bends in a stunning array of prismatic colours as Maylea steps from the aether.

Portius kneels and raises his hands and then sinks low to the ground before Isune, dealing obeisance.

Gabriella's mouth turns up as her face breaks into a smile.

Portius kneels and raises his hands and then sinks low to the ground before Maylea, dealing obeisance.

Gabriella curtseys gracefully before Isune.

Gabriella hugs Maylea compassionately.

Isune's eyes twinkle enchantingly.

Hiriako turns toward Isune and intones a low-pitched mantra, his eyes aglow with true delight.

You kneel before Isune, swearing your allegiance to Her.

Hiriako turns toward Maylea and touches his chest in greeting, an array of prismatic colours briefly glinting in his eyes.

Maylea, Bloom of Serenity says, "I am pleased to have the Order of Isune present within My realm. Thank you for accepting My invitation!"

Maylea gives Gabriella a friendly squeeze.

Gabriella Talnara, Blossoming Hope smiles and says, "Welcome again, Lady Isune. And it is good to see you, my Lady."

With a gentle smile, Isune, the Aesthete says to Maylea, "The honour is Mine, Bloom of Serenity. I am ever-grateful to see the beauty of Your realm and Your temple."

Maylea, Bloom of Serenity takes the Lady Isune by the hand warmly, a smile upon Her face.

Winter's Tempest, Hiriako Myeras says, "Certainly a pleasure to see You once more, Lady Isune. It's been at least a century and a half since we've last met."

Isune leans close to Hiriako and gently lays a kiss upon his forehead.

Maylea, Bloom of Serenity says, "I have a little thing of exceeding interest, at least to Me... perhaps you can also see the possibilities, Isune!"

Eyebrow faintly lifted, Isune, the Aesthete says, "You pique My curiosity as ever, Maylea. Surely there is little that surprises Us in this age?"

Maylea, Bloom of Serenity turns to gesture at a peculiar grey sprouting plant, settled in the soil near the willow tree.

The sturdy trunk of this tree rises little over the height of the average human to the apex of supple branches overhead. A riot of leaves weigh heavily upon the tree limbs, falling gracefully in arcs back towards the earth, some nearly touching the ground. Many peculiar buds unfold amid the canopy of leaves, some beginning to open into new and brilliant flowers. The bark on this strange tree is silvery, and the leaves almost glow with verdant glory, fed by the supernatural power of this place. Five flowers have come to full bloom upon the willow: a red and blue flutterby flower, a sparkling crystal rose of dazzling deep twilight, a fiery scrim lily, a kephera lily, and a delicate, twinkling black rose.
It weighs about 650 pounds.

There is a strangely rigid quality about this small sprouting plant. It is obviously thriving, but rather than the green of most growing things, it has a peculiar lack of colour that can only be described as grey. A couple of leaves unfurl on either side of the stiff stalk, but they seem strangely truncated and undefined, with no elegance or symmetry.
It weighs 11 ounce(s).
A peculiar grey sprout is holding:
Nothing.

Winter's Tempest, Hiriako Myeras kneels down before the plant once more, arm resting across one knee
as the other touches the ground.

The sweet voice of Kavindra rises through the Temple of Maylea, singing of peace and hope, joy and
forgiveness.

Isune, the Aesthete eyes the sprouting plant with evident curiosity, Her wings beating steadily in a rippling display of light and colour.

Gabriella Talnara, Blossoming Hope steps back slightly from the plant she had been hovering near, to allow the Lady Isune a better look.

Comprehension flashing across Her features, Isune, the Aesthete says, "How remarkable..."

Softly, Maylea, Bloom of Serenity says, "How long has it been since you saw such a thing?"

Shaking Her head, Isune, the Aesthete says to Maylea, "Oh, ages ago. Long before the Elder Wars, at
least!"

Raising an eyebrow in curiosity, you say, "May I ask what this plant is? Has it truly existed before the Elder Warrs?"

Gabriella Talnara, Blossoming Hope looks to Lady Maylea. "I can explain about how we discovered the
plant, my Lady, if You wish."

Isune, the Aesthete listens intently, eyes alight with interest.

Maylea, Bloom of Serenity says to Isune, "Do you recall the way of the First World before the Artists? I came very early, when little was touched, and every living thing was like onto this... and the sky wept for a painter that would turn out to be you and your sister, and the mountains groaned for sculpting..."

With an amused smile, Winter's Tempest, Hiriako Myeras says, "To irillia I'll let Ella here explain, but suffice to say it was nearly a meal! Instead, it's a peculiarity. I've been fascinated by it for a while now."

Kneeling down to brush a fingertip against the little sprout's leaves, Isune, the Aesthete says, "How can it be that We could miss such a thing? In those days, everything cried out for Our hands, for the artistry of Our dreams."

Gabriella Talnara, Blossoming Hope clasps her hands before her sari skirts, eyes flickering back and forth between the two Goddesses, and the little sprout at her feet.

Maylea, Bloom of Serenity says, "There was a rumor I heard, though I cannot attest to its truth, that one among us set aside some things untouched such as this... perhaps that explains how it came to pass so many years without being painted."

Maylea, Bloom of Serenity says to Gabriella, "Do tell the story, dear one. I am sure it is of interest."

Isune, the Aesthete rises from the ground, shaking Her head with wonder. She turns Her attention to Gabriella, lips pursed in quiet contemplation.

Gabriella Talnara, Blossoming Hope nods to Maylea, smoothing non-existent wrinkles from her sari almost nervously, before clearing her throat.

Gabriella Talnara, Blossoming Hope says, "A few months ago, Hiriako and I were sitting at the Gargling Pixie, the local tavern if you will, of the Serenwilde. We were sitting on the balcony, when our brother Shashi suddenly flew down and greeted us."

Gabriella Talnara, Blossoming Hope says to Isune, "You will recall brother Shashi, I am certain, my
Lady."

Gabriella's eyes twinkle enchantingly.

Isune's eyes sparkle with amusement.

Laughing gently, Isune, the Aesthete says, "How could one forget."

Gabriella Talnara, Blossoming Hope says, "Needless to say, he was not orange."

You say, "Not orange? I'm afraid I don't understand."

Librarian Portius Windwhisper says, "Indeed. I rather feel like I am missing something."

Eyes sparkling, Isune, the Aesthete says, "I believe they refer to Shashi's eating habits, which have in the past involved multicoloured earthworms."

Maylea, Bloom of Serenity hides a smile behind one hand.

Gabriella Talnara, Blossoming Hope says to you, "Many weaves back, my Lady discovered multi-coloured earthworms that crept from a painting She had been designing. Upon experimentation with Shashi and Volucer to see if they might change colour, they decided that it was best to avoid eating those worms."

Isune, the Aesthete says to Daedalion, "Good of you to join us."

Daedalion bows respectfully to Isune.

Gabriella Talnara, Blossoming Hope says to Isune, "I do hope Tully was able to clean the mess properly for You."

Winter's Tempest, Hiriako Myeras says, "Shashi has quite a fondness for eating things. It doesn't always turn out well."

Gabriella's eyes sparkle with amusement.

Hiriako doffs a sparkling white fedora hat to Daedalion.

Lord Castellan Daedalion n'Lochli, l'Doll Battaglia Sacrificial says, "Pardon for being unfashionably late."

Gabriella Talnara, Blossoming Hope says, "Yes, and so, we asked him how he was. And when, upon our teasing about the reminder, he reassured us of his new aversion to earthworms of any type, and instead professed a love for something new. He claimed he had something that looked rather tasty and meant to make a meal of it."

Gabriella Talnara, Blossoming Hope says, "When I asked him what he was referring to, he dropped something to the ground for us to look at, and it turned out to be a strange seed. It was grey, and round, and just... ordinary. Beyond ordinary really, it was so plain you would have overlooked it."

Gabriella Talnara, Blossoming Hope says, "No characteristics, nothing to hint at the type of seed it might be."

Gabriella Talnara, Blossoming Hope says, "So, we persuaded Shashi to eat something else instead, and took it to Abeytu, our local, grumpy gardener. When even he didn't know what the seed was, we brought it to the attention of our Lady Maylea."

Winter's Tempest, Hiriako Myeras says, "If anything it was outstanding in its lack of distinction."

Gabriella nods her head at Hiriako, showing her acceptance.

The leaves upon the willow rustle and whisper together, and the five flowers in full bloom within the draping branches shimmer and sparkle with fresh luminescence.

Gabriella Talnara, Blossoming Hope says, "At Her behest, we planted it here, and watered it with the tears of the dryads that dwell here. When it finally sprouted, it was so tiny and fragile, it required special soil from the Fae Gardens to stand upright so that it was not crushed when it was watered. Since then, we have kept careful watch and company over her."

Gabriella Talnara, Blossoming Hope kneels down on the ground next to the plant, and very gently strokes her finger over the leaves.

Gabriella smiles softly at a peculiar grey sprout.

The sprout shivers in reaction to the touch.

In a gentle, but perplexed tone, Isune, the Aesthete says to Maylea, "A strange happening indeed, but what do you desire from Me? I sense it is more than mere audience and wonder - there is an urgency about You."

With a tiny shake of Her head, Maylea, Bloom of Serenity says, "I have long wished to show you truly what My Art entails, especially since we have grown closer in modern times. The one you saw... that was not, ah... indicative."

Maylea, Bloom of Serenity reddens a little, but quickly regains Her composure.

Isune, the Aesthete's smile fades just enough in response to Maylea's words. She nods curtly.

Gabriella Talnara, Blossoming Hope's hand still hovers over the sprout before her, but she looks up, listening carefully to the conversation.

Winter's Tempest, Hiriako Myeras settles back, his rear against his feet as he relaxes before the plant, head lifted to look at the gathered faces.

Simply, Isune, the Aesthete says, "It was a long time ago."

The ghost of a smile passes fleetingly across Maylea's lips.

Maylea, Bloom of Serenity says, "It is a thing near and dear to My heart, Isune, and it is not likely that such an opportunity will present itself again. Though Shashi claimed many things were grey and dull where he found this seed, he became lost trying to show Me the place, and it may never be found again."

Eritheyl suddenly appears, looking bewildered.

Daedalion pats Eritheyl in a friendly manner.

Gabriella Talnara, Blossoming Hope smiles and says to Eritheyl, "Welcome, cousin."

Eritheyl shifts his eyes suspiciously from side to side.

Isune, the Aesthete smiles impishly and says to Eritheyl, "You have come just in time, dear."

Magistrate Eritheyl Windwhisper, Servant of the State smiles impishly and says, "How unlike me."

Eritheyl humbly drops one knee to the ground before Isune, genuflecting reverently in Her presence.

Isune waves Her hand dismissively.

Eritheyl bows respectfully to Maylea.

Maylea inclines Her head politely to those around Her.

Winter's Tempest, Hiriako Myeras says to Eritheyl, "Greetings, Magistrate."

Magistrate Eritheyl Windwhisper, Servant of the State says to Hiriako, "And to you, Seneschal."

Opening his arms wide, Magistrate Eritheyl Windwhisper, Servant of the State says, "And to everyone
else, for that matter!"

Gabriella's eyes sparkle with amusement.

Maylea, Bloom of Serenity says, "I am pleased you can join us."

Gesturing faintly at the sprout, Isune, the Aesthete says to Maylea, "If You wish to show Me Your artistry, Maylea, know that My interest in it has never waned. I would be honoured."

Maylea smiles happily.

Gabriella Talnara, Blossoming Hope's eyes widen slightly, and she removes her hands from the little sprout, folding them in her lap as she kneels next to the plant.

Maylea, Bloom of Serenity says, "I have learned to put into words some of My philosophy of Art, for the benefit of My Order."

Maylea, Bloom of Serenity kneels in the garden next to the sprout, leaning forward to run a finger across one of its strange leaves. "It is a thing that I learned long before even you were formed... the shape of the form follows that of the spirit. For we Star Gods it is true, and for else of Dynara's creation, how can I do less? Observe," She narrates, and then makes an easy, practiced motion, a flick of Her fingers above the plant.

The fleshly form of the grey plant shivers in ecstasy and falls aside to reveal that which lies within, a shining thing that could in simplistic terms be called a shard. It glimmers and glows with its own inner light, casting shifting colours across the ground nearby.

A beam of moonlight comes down from the sky and bathes Gabriella in light.

Lyethal dances down a moonbeam and alights gently on the ground.

With a flourish of his arm, Lyethal bows deeply.

Irillia lets out a gasp of astonishment, watching the glimmering shard within the plant.

The colours dancing about Her wings in motes of prismatic light, Isune, the Aesthete says, "It is like a little soul, trapped within."

Gabriella Talnara, Blossoming Hope whispers, "It's a curious soul."

Gabriella Talnara, Blossoming Hope says, "That she is."

Gabriella smiles softly at a peculiar grey sprout.

More faintly, as though from within a trance, Maylea, Bloom of Serenity says, "Thus can her soul be seen, and the fabric that makes her unique and unlike all that came before and all that will come after. Observe, so, the facet that reflects her desire to wake, much like any sleeping thing in all the long years of history... and yes, the burning desire to Know."

Gabriella Talnara, Blossoming Hope watches the plant and the Lady Maylea closely, hands still folded in her lap.

Isune, the Aesthete watches Maylea intently, Her own interest betrayed by the vibrancy of the lights that wreathe Her winged form.

Her voice lowering, Isune, the Aesthete says, "And what do you see in this one? What marks it as different than the others?"

Maylea, Bloom of Serenity sets the little shard gently spinning to display a new facet, murmuring, "What makes any different? There is something, always, and until I find it, until I understand her, and every shade of her being, I will not do her wrong by painting her. Understanding grants the right hues, the right shape."

A wry smile spreads across Isune's face.

Maylea, Bloom of Serenity says, "But already I begin to sense the form she will possess... already I know it is a she, for instance. Do you sense it, Isune?"

With a bright laugh as She shakes Her head, Isune, the Aesthete says, "I never had Your patience, Maylea. I understood the sky instantly, felt the demands of its canvas with near reckless abandon. It is no wonder You took the intricacies of the flowers for Your art. I can sense what You describe, yes. But perhaps not as keenly."

Maylea, Bloom of Serenity closes Her hand with a quiet flourish, and the form again encloses the brilliance of the spirit.

Winter's Tempest, Hiriako Myeras leans forward with a slight narrowing of his eyes, "A she, eh?" He lets a smile warm his face as he draws himself back, moving to sit cross-legged.

Gabriella Talnara, Blossoming Hope who had until that point, been watching the spinning facets of the inner shard, lets out a soft sigh as it is enclosed once more. She glances sidelong at Hiriako, murmuring, "Of course, silly. Lady Maylea mentioned that when first she sprouted and showed us this. Do you not recall?" She elbows him gently.

Winter's Tempest, Hiriako Myeras shakes his head slowly at Gabriella, "There are days my memory is like a sieve, especially for small details."

Getting to Her feet, Maylea, Bloom of Serenity says, "I am pleased to be able to share this with you and yours. I am very excited about this opportunity!"

Sincerely, Isune, the Aesthete says to Maylea, "It is lovely. I have no doubt you shall properly paint her as she deserves."

Gabriella Talnara, Blossoming Hope rises to her feet, dusting off her sari skirts.

With a wistful look on her face, Gabriella touches a weeping willow tree.
Gabriella runs her fingertips down the elegant arcing leaves of the willow tree, and a red and blue flutterby flower slides willingly into her grasp.

Gabriella gives a red and blue flutterby flower to Isune, the Aesthete.

With faint surprise, Isune, the Aesthete says, "Oh, thank you. It is beautiful."

Maylea, Bloom of Serenity says to Isune, "Do you wish to watch when she is painted?"

Isune leans close to Gabriella and gently lays a kiss upon her forehead.

Gabriella blushes furiously.

Isune, the Aesthete smiles impishly and says to Maylea, "Whichever you prefer, for it is to be your creation. We shall see what comes."

Maylea smiles happily.

Gabriella Talnara, Blossoming Hope says to Isune, "It is a creation of the Lady's followers, and Her gift to us."

Maylea, Bloom of Serenity says, "I am grateful for all of you or accepting My invitation to such strange, small happenings."

Winter's Tempest, Hiriako Myeras says, "I am pleased that I could be here. Thank You."

Hiriako's mouth turns up as his face breaks into a smile.

Isune, the Aesthete says, "Alas, I must go. But if any of Mine wish to stay, they may as long as You
wish."

Maylea gives Isune a peck on the cheek.

Lyethal bows respectfully to Isune.

Maylea, Bloom of Serenity says, "Thank you, Isune."

Isune, the Aesthete says, "And You, Maylea."

Enchanting Songbird, Lyethal Silverwolf, Keyll Arrane says to Isune, "It was lovely to meet you Goddess."

Gabriella Talnara, Blossoming Hope says to Isune, "It was good to see You again, my Lady."

Isune leans close to Lyethal and gently lays a kiss upon his forehead.

Isune, the Aesthete smiles impishly and says, "Go well."

Isune's form shatters into a flock of colourful birds, their tiny forms tracing circles in the air before darting away.

Winter's Tempest, Hiriako Myeras says, "Do pardon Lyethal. There are times we question his sanity."

Lyethal inches bashfully over to Maylea and nuzzles Her tenderly.

Maylea, Bloom of Serenity says, "There is beauty in exuberance!"

Gabriella Talnara, Blossoming Hope says, "I do believe he's practicing sanity. And his correspondence."

Enchanting Songbird, Lyethal Silverwolf, Keyll Arrane says, "Feh. I'm just driven on impulse."

Maylea, Bloom of Serenity says, "If there is nothing I can answer for our guests, I will bid you all
farewell."

Enchanting Songbird, Lyethal Silverwolf, Keyll Arrane says to Maylea, "We must talk soon M'lady."

Librarian Portius Windwhisper says, "I have no questions. It was a pleasure to be in your presence,
Lady."

You say, "Lady Maylea, may I ask what You were referring to earlier when you spoke of something that wasn't indicative of Your artistry? That is, if You do not mind speaking of it."

The ghost of a smile passes fleetingly across Maylea's lips.

Maylea, Bloom of Serenity says, "Indeed, be bold, Minister. I will share as I have shared with My own."

Gabriella Talnara, Blossoming Hope kneels on the ground once more, taking a seat near the sprout as she gently leans back against the trunk of the willow tree, looking up at its branches in fondness.

Maylea purses Her lips pensively, gazing off into the distance as She carefully gathers Her thoughts.

Maylea, Bloom of Serenity says, "I have long been telling stories to My Order, of memories long past,
from the moment I first awakened into existence at Dynara's call."

Maylea, Bloom of Serenity smiles impishly and says, "You are less interested in My history than in your Lady, I imagine."

You say, "I am interested in both, my Lady, though I admit my curiosity waxes greatest when the two
coincide."

Eritheyl nods his head at you, showing his acceptance.

Maylea, Bloom of Serenity says, "So suffice that many things happened, and I was lost and then found, and I shall tell the story that happened then, pertaining to us both."

Maylea, Bloom of Serenity lifts Her arm in a gesture much familiar to those of Her Order, a motion that sends the gardens around fleeing and replaces it with the somewhat unfamiliar perspective of a memory not your own and a time long, long past.

"That is not to say that returning to Elder society was easy for me. Too long had my voice been silent, and when I first appeared in a gathering of the Fourth circle, I felt eyes upon me and whispers echoing at my heels. The Artists were inclined to jubilant celebration, each showing off their work and praising everyone else's. I did not bring any flowers to show, and in any case it felt to me that I was the catalyst, but the flowers painted and sculpted themselves.

It was after several such meetings, hanging back to watch the others, that Isune drifted towards me with something held carefully in her hands.

"You are so quiet, Maylea!" she laughed. "We want to see your Art and exclaim upon its beauty! You cannot hide it from us forever!"

I could not find a reply, but I was thinking about the day when Dynara drew forth Isune and the other members of her creche. None of us at the time knew how to name the difference we felt between this group and the many others that had come before, but now it was apparent. Every Star God born from that creche was eventually placed into the Fourth Circle.

For a moment she seemed confused by my silence, but catching herself, she spoke on, blithely, "We would like to see you at work! I have found a fine little flower for you to practice on!" With that, she exposed the little bloom held betwixt her hands and kept alive by her essence.

There was still nothing within me to say, but I held out my hands and took the flower from her. Oddly, I sensed that it was still latched upon Isune's essence, but there was no time to wonder, for the spirit of the plant struck me with such ferocity that I swayed.

I found myself saying aloud, "Poisonous..." and for a brief moment I wondered if I really did always talk as I worked. Then I was drawn back into the flower, for it was indeed profoundly poisonous and demanding. Its tiny spirit threw itself open in my hands as though it were in charge, and I heard, from a distance, Isune letting out a gasp. I almost did the same.

For the spirit lying within was jagged, fallen into spikes and bladed edges almost sharp enough to cut me. It fed upon its link with Isune, and fed, too, upon my own power, and began to change without my will. The leaves grew broad and wide and vibrantly green, but the flower itself turned dusky, barely purple. It folded in upon itself, and the tip of each petal elongated into a point. It was not beautiful, but it was satisfied, and the form snapped closed around the spirit and was still.

I was trembling as I held out the newly-formed flower to Isune, but my voice was clear as I said, "This is a nightshade." Isune stared at the flower with wide eyes, perhaps feeling the little tendril of her own essence that connected its spirit to her own. Abruptly she shook herself, and I felt that connection snap.

"Well, it's not very colourful," she began, and hesitated a long moment. "I suppose it seems suitable... if it is so poisonous."

I thought of all the poisonous flowers that I had shaped, the oleander and the foxglove, beautiful but deadly. None were like the nightshade. I had never seen any flower so demanding, so willing to take from beings strong enough to crush it in a glance.

There was nothing else to say to Isune. I turned, still bearing the nightshade, and felt her flee back into the crowd of artists, back to the arms of her favoured sister. When I ascended into the sky, I thought briefly of crushing the flower indeed, of ending such a vicious existence before its poison spread, but I could not find it within my heart to act upon the thought.

I never went to another gathering of the Fourths, but I did seek out Isune many years later and show her a flower that was beautiful and vaguely avian, as though the living bloom would take off in flight at any moment. She wore that bird of paradise for many years, and things became right between us."

Maylea, Bloom of Serenity banishes the memory with a wave of Her hand, returning the world of the
garden to where it was before.

Gabriella Talnara, Blossoming Hope says, "A nightshade. Yes, I had forgotten which poisonous flower it was, but not the memory."

Maylea, Bloom of Serenity says, "I trust certain questions are answered."

You say, "Indeed, they are. I thank You for sharing the story and for the vivid and beautiful way in which You told it."

Winter's Tempest, Hiriako Myeras says, "We always enjoy it when the Lady shares Her stories with us."

Gabriella Talnara, Blossoming Hope murmurs, "And impatiently await the next one."

Enchanting Songbird, Lyethal Silverwolf, Keyll Arrane says, "She is good with cliffhangers."

Maylea, Bloom of Serenity says, "Thank you all once again for accepting My invitation. I believe I shall take My leave."

Maylea, Bloom of Serenity says, "I think most deeply about My cliffhangers, Lyethal. What good is a story without leaving the listeners wanting more."

Maylea winks knowingly.

Maylea steps into the aether, the air around Her blurring into a wash of colour that fades as She disappears.
Zyphora2012-09-21 17:00:26
This was gorgeous. I was especially impressed by Maylea and Gabriella's roleplay.

Maylea, Bloom of Serenity kneels in the garden next to the sprout, leaning forward to run a finger across one of its strange leaves. "It is a thing that I learned long before even you were formed... the shape of the form follows that of the spirit. For we Star Gods it is true, and for else of Dynara's creation, how can I do less? Observe," She narrates, and then makes an easy, practiced motion, a flick of Her fingers above the plant.

The fleshly form of the grey plant shivers in ecstasy and falls aside to reveal that which lies within, a shining thing that could in simplistic terms be called a shard. It glimmers and glows with its own inner light, casting shifting colours across the ground nearby.

So beautiful! :)

So sad I missed this! Curse you, bodily need for slumber!
Ushaara2012-09-21 17:20:36
Super log! :)