Miniature Aethercrews?

by Unknown

Back to Ideas.

Unknown2012-09-02 03:25:18
Pretty sure I've never seen this mentioned anywhere, but here goes: Any chance of, and is it even a decent idea, using miniatures for aethercrews? This would (possibly) increase the miniature market and allow others to explore the aetherspace without needing to assemble a crew entirely out of adventurers.

I know someone(s) has(have) mentioned having hirable denizens for this, but with the miniature route, their skill at turret/empath could be based off of their miniature level. Maybe an (inexpensive) artifact/rune to attach to the miniature to make it an aetherspace miniature, so it lasts permanently, and only its level goes down (slowly) over time?

Just an idea to throw out there. >_>

P.S. I can see this going completely wrong if someone manages to get a sketch of one of the Gods and suddenly has a crew of Eventrus taking to the aetherspace.
Lorina2012-09-02 03:41:14
It is a nice idea! But sadly, aethercrews will always be made up of players! :(
Though incorporating tradeskills into aetherhunts could be a great way of boosting the market. Instead of miniature crew members, consider miniature slivven assistants.
Eventru2012-09-02 03:45:12
Drayl:

P.S. I can see this going completely wrong if someone manages to get a sketch of one of the Gods and suddenly has a crew of Eventrus taking to the aetherspace.

This is about all I can agree with. It'd be a fantastic rendition of Captain Jack Sparrow's Locker delusions, except much more exciting and gold.
Lorina2012-09-02 03:47:54
One Eventru is enough.
Kagato2012-09-03 02:51:00
Awww, so much for my plans for a crew consisting entirely of the Divine *puts away my collection of sealed divine sketches*
Enyalida2012-09-03 17:11:46
In the past, we requested that we get semi-automated aethership gnomish crews. Unlike figurines, they admins would be able to directly set the associated costs with the gnomish crews, that would be average at any of the jobs you put them on (except pilot).

Unfortunatly, as Lorina said: Aethercrews will be players only.