The Non-Denominational Hoop Snake

by Zyphora

Back to Event Scrolls.

Zyphora2012-08-15 17:08:40
Had some fun with Maellio last night and Zyphora's presumedly God-induced hallucinations of hoop snakes. Relatively short! I felt sorry that Maellio didn't see the hoop snakes, so here it is!

Professor Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says, "Law is as the Articles, the rules and guildline upon which proper stable society is built. As well as the means by which these rules are enforced."

A hoop snake rolls in from the northwest and makes circles around you before rolling out to the up.

You peer about yourself unscrupulously.

You say, "Did you see that?"

Professor Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says, "See?"

You say, "The... hoop snake."

Professor Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says, "Hoop... snake? What is a hoop snake?"

You look up into the air for divine inspiration.

Maellio tilts his head curiously.

Resignedly, you say, "A mythical creature of legend that bites its own tail and makes a hoop to roll around."

Professor Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says, "An Ouroboros?"

Scratching behind his horns, Professor Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says, "That is the closest thing I know to such a thing."

You frown and say, "Yes, I think so."

You say, "I think."

Professor Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says, "The Ouroboros is a serpent or dragon which eats its own tail, it often symbolizes futile or impossible efforts or self-destruction."

A hoop snake drops in from the up and declares itself a non-denominational reptile before biting its own tail, forming a wheel with its body, and rolling out to the northwest.

Professor Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says, "It is also, if memory serves, the symbol of Lord Morgfyre."

You say, "I think someone's merely making me see things that are not meant to be beheld by mortal eyes so that I can... There it was again!"

You have emoted: Zyphora peers to the northwest.

Professor Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says, "So that you can?"

You sadly say, "It took the tail out of its own mouth and declared itself a non-
denominational reptile. And then it rolled off again."

Professor Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says, "Well then, presumedly
not an Ouroboros."

Decisively, you say, "So that I can make it look like that I am insane, without expending much effort themselves."

Professor Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says, "Perhaps."

Professor Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says, "Or perhaps it is merely a creature few can see, there are stranger things."

You nod your head emphatically.

Maellio shrugs helplessly.

You look thoughtful and say, "Perhaps. I will try to believe it is the latter, because it seems less insane."

Maellio places a forefinger between your eyes, and a soothing warmth passes through you.

You say, "And is less likely to drive me to shake my first at the heavens without a clear direction but upwards."

Professor Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says, "You do not appear insane."

With some relief, you say, "That is a comfort."

Professor Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says, "I would continue, but that seemed to have derailed the thought."

You have emoted: Zyphora fans herself with a hand, looking around herself for any hint of a snake about her skirts.

Maellio tilts his head curiously.

Glancing suspiciously at the ground once more, you say, "Ah, just checking. I would not want to step on it."

You say, "I am uncertain of whether it is a venomous species."

Professor Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says, "It is, in the least, apparently a talkative one."

You nod your head emphatically.

You say, "Concise, but it definitely speaks."

Professor Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says, "Also a grasp of complicated vocabulary."

You nod your head at Maellio, showing your acceptance.

Professor Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says, "Did it, in fact, hoop out to the northwest?"

You say, "Perhaps it is of noble birth. And yes."

Professor Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says, "And could you see it while it was here?"

You frown and say, "It was here and gone so quickly that I did not take the opportunity to look."

You shake your head.

You say, "Hooping must be a more efficient way of travel than slithering."

Professor Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says, "Ah, as perhaps it was still by the Matrix."

Professor Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says, "Unknown, I have never tried to hoop anywhere."

Professor Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says, "Or, for that matter, slither."

Professor Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says, "I have rolled."

You give a trillingly melodic laugh.