Share your room designs!

by Orabel

Back to Common Grounds.

Orabel2012-08-23 18:32:12
SO I have been working on designing 20 rooms and my brain is frazzeled! Maybe this will help get my creative juices flowing. Post your favorite room designs! I would love to see them!
Harkux2012-08-23 18:42:52
I can't get a hold of the description at the moment, but when I'm able to, I'll post it. I was the designer of the room containing the Astrolabe in the Illuminati Guildhall, and it's by far the favorite out of the ones I've done in manses.
Eritheyl2012-08-29 04:59:59
Thiiiis is eventually going to be my room in the Windwhisper Estate, once I stop being poor.

Within the wind's embrace
Bridged to the nearby lounge by a suspended walkway of sapphirine panels, this room is small and
painfully square in comparison to the rest of the estate. In place of standard walls, the perimetre
is instead lined by polished columns of alabaster inlaid with alternating amethyst and diamond
spirals, lavish drapes of nearly transparent silk billowing freely between them. Fused almost
seamlessly into one breathtaking expanse, panes of refined glass compose the ceiling high above,
embellished with semi-translucent paints that depict various birds of prey circling together in the
distant sky. The meticulously etched floor mirrors each image to a cue, its ebon planks gracefully
complimenting the flood of coloured light as it filters down from above to fill each rendering. A
shallow basin of rough granite dominates the northeastern corner, piled high with tumbled stones
that bear a ceaseless cascade of trickling water. It charmingly hosts an ever present congregation
of songbirds, their lilting melodies weaving throughout each passing breeze as they drink and play
without a care in the world.

I'll post the design I have planned for a willpower gem room in the Opera House, once I can access my desktop :S
Rancoura2012-08-29 12:13:22
Definitely one of the more verbose room descriptions I've written, this is a design I once did for a manse stable. It is, of course, à la Glomdoring.

What once seemed to be a grand hall of stygian crystal has been ravaged and broken down into an open-ceiling spectre of the regal space it once must have been. Indeed, the vaulted ceiling of the hall nearly appears to have been torn asunder, with jagged shards jutting out into the inky blackness of the sky. Enormous, black crystal columns, or the remnants thereof, line the east and west walls, most lying broken on the ground while a few still stand in vain to support a non-existent ceiling. High and narrow glassless windows line the walls as well, only a handful still fortunate enough to be retaining a few shards of their pristine glass. Instead, foliage has spilled through the openings to overtake the once-elegant hall. Thorny vines force their way through large cracks in the crystal, filling the area with the delicate scents of their black and red rose blossoms. Amidst the shards of crystal scattered over the floor, lush grasses have taken root. Slender saplings and ferns have even managed to grow here, their shadowkissed leaves pridefully green even in darkness. At the north end of the hall, breaking nobly through what was once a vaulted entrance, rises a giant, gnarled oak tree. Its twisted roots split the surrounding crystal even further, and have broken the way for a small creek to wend through the hall. High up in the tree's branches can be seen a giant nest, which must be home to an avian of a truly intimidating size. The result of the nature-ravaged hall is a pasture and shelter for various beasts, whose presence is made obvious by the sections of cropped grass, silvery webbing over the columns and walls, and various areas of trodden turf.
Tacita2012-08-29 13:03:40
This is the best room in the game:

Overlooking the dawn horizon, streaked with purple

The rocky peaks of the mountains rise high above the Basin of Life, offering a brilliant view over
the entirety of its form. Beautiful formations of clouds line the tips of the nearby mountains, each
piercing through its soft core and rising above the surface to give a slightly hazy vision. The
distant form of rising sun strikes great rends through the sky, the clouds refracting the light into
great sprays of purple that line the firmament with its exotic beauty, only perceptible above their
surface.
Eritheyl2012-08-29 17:24:38
Aha, Symphonium will gem room! (someday!)

The Alcove of Reflection
Designed in stark contrast to the preceding stairwell, this chamber has been left both dark and
sparsely decorated, the majority of the available light stemming from crystal shards that drift and
spiral languidly within the dome of the ceiling. The stuccoed walls are painted a myriad of soft,
pastel hues, inlaid with repeating arches that hold no windows. In their place, muted frescoes
depict trill adrift in leisurely flight, as well as lucidian resting beneath the sun from atop
great, mountainous peaks. Deep grooves mark the marble floor as both overlapping and concentric
rings, further exemplifying the tranquil motif of this room suggested by the collection of lush,
beaded cushions that lie scattered about.