Mudlet coder for hire

by Calixa

Back to Last Chance Trading Post.

Calixa2012-06-27 13:28:02
As the title says, I'm putting myself available as a Mudlet coder for hire.

What can I do for you?

Small things. This does not mean combat or healing systems. See my examples for things I have done. I also know my way around Geyser and am learning Vyzor. UI stuff will come with a small markup, but you'll get support when trying to place it where you want it if not able to do so yourself :)

Some examples of work I have done

XP counter. A small yet elegant and configurable script that I came up with on my own. m&m users get a bonus in the form of custom prompt tags.

Update IIF info from who listing. Combining the power of the m&m getinfo plugin with Anisu's IFF script, an easy way to update the latter without needing exports or manual fiddling.

(More to come as I work on personal projects, which will be either free or paid)

Why hire me?

First off, I'm not looking to steal someone's niche here, in fact Draylor personally urged me on to put my services available. Two people can cover more grounds than one, too, so commisioners benefit. Also, we're on different org 'blocs', so if you are super paranoid about some Celestian coding some little combat utility for you there is an alternative now.

I've two years of LUA experience, almost as much Mudlet experience, and hold a bachelor's degree in media and communication technology, which combines the fields of programming with general IT knowledge yet also design. I've tinkered with computers and code for a good part of my life and am actively interested in expanding my knowledge.

By hiring me, you enter a mutually beneficial contract. You get the stuff you want, and I get credits. This means I won't have to spend time ingame grinding for gold, so I have more time to work on code. Plus I won't be nicking your gold and mobs! By putting me to work I also can't be raiding your godrealms or pull off other shenanigans ;)

Misc details

When I code something for you, that means it is just for you. I will not share it or make it available for free unless you give me your permission in which case it will be offered up for the same price as you paid (unless you and I both feel like being generous :P). I may request to use it for myself, but as I wrote it that seems fair. If you -really- do not want this, I'm sure that can somehow be arranged.

I will not disclose having written something for you, especially not the nature of it, if you don't want me to. However if you want to help me out, and I wrote something really nice for you, I may ask to showcase it after getting your ok on this, like through a screenshot or an abstract mention of the code. That way I can build up my portfolio. I'll offer a preview so you know in advance and can raise objections.

My default stance is that unless you tell me to go ahead and share / put available / showcase something, I will assume I can't. I will ask you though, or may ask you in future.

Contact

Please send me a forum PM, or come find me on IRC (irc.sirensystems.net, #Lusternia channel, nickname is Calixa). Ingame message or tell (please mark as OOC) works for initial contact. I have Skype / MSN / Gtalk / Yahoo which can be shared upon request, but are not to be disclosed to others.