Forage Kitchen

by Unknown

Back to The Real World.

Unknown2012-06-22 20:12:07
Thought I'd post this here in case anyone would be interested: http://www.kickstart.../forage-kitchen

It's basically raising donations to fund an awesomely tricked out community kitchen for anyone in SF to stop by, use and cook. There's only 6 days left and minimum donation is $1.

Iso Rabins sums it up:

Help Grow This Project

Forage Kitchen is about sharing my passion for growing the local food economy with as many people as I can. My vision is to create a learning and teaching kitchen space where the dabbler and the chef, the weekend warrior and the food entrepreneur can all come together and share, create, and eat.

If you’ve ever come to a dinner, shopped at a market, or gotten your own box of foraged mushrooms, you helped lay the foundation. Because of your support, projects like the Underground Market have helped inspire a national movement.
Now I need your help again. This is a new kind of project. I can’t forage the ingredients as I do for the dinners. I can’t book a venue, get some volunteers, and email a few vendors, as I do for The Underground Market.

ForageSF is not a large company. My team on this Kickstarter campaign is me, Iso Rabins, and a dedicated team of friends and volunteers on laptops in kitchens and coffee shops. There are no consultants, no marketing team, and no advertisements. We are real people who believe in creating a space for us all to learn and grow the food movement together.

This project takes money, and not when it opens, but right now.

If you believe in this idea, I need your help to make it happen.

It’s about supporting a national food movement that is changing the way we all cook and eat, by cultivating the grassroots movement here in San Francisco. Forage Kitchen will be point of convergence where everyone can gather to learn and grow.