Keeneye uses

by Daganev

Back to Combat Guide.

Daganev2012-05-30 11:34:11
In one of the latest changelogs, Keeneye was changed to work with Antlers.

I wanted to propose that Keeneye work with Beast Spit poison as well. However I was told that if such a change is to go through, first all the skills that administer poision in such a way need to be listed and changed as a group.

What other skills are there that keeneye should be applied to?
Unknown2012-05-30 15:04:02
Ignore. Was confusing something,
Tacita2012-05-30 17:01:46
This is the same thing that Shuyin and I bugged yesterday. Here's the reply we had:

Bug #3810 Resolution: We opt to leave this as it stands, whereby only items that are envenomed
before use and then used to attack will trigger Combat KeenEye. An envoy report can be used to alter
this to include every form of poison affliction if desired - but please include a list, because
undoubtedly there are many, many variations.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------
The application of poisons using an ecology fetish (through both individual and berserk attacks) is
not returning a keeneye message. Given that Stag users have just been allowed to see when their
antlers induce poisons, I would've expected to be able to see mine as an ecologist. Thanks very
much!
-------------
Transmology claw (fleshform claw) excretes charybdon, a poison. The latest changes and envoy reports
says that combat keeneye now shows when your poison has rubbed off your weapon. Warrior/monks
weapons and now druid antlers now make use of this. It seems like an oversight that transmology claw
does not, since claws are our weapons as well

I'm happy to submit an envoy report regarding this in the June round, but to do so I'll need a list of all the affected skills/as many of them as possible - as per the reply's request. :)

Posting them here is probably the easiest way as then it's all collated together.
Xiel2012-05-31 04:09:33
Hmm, if I'm remembering right, there is a fair amount of abilities that use poison to afflict without envenoming. Of these, the ones that come to mind include:

• Beastmastery Poison
  • Ecology Fetishes
  • Nekotai Sprongcree (the foot dart)
  • Nekotai ScorpionSpit
  • Nihilism BarbedTail
  • Blacktalon Spiders
  • Shamanism Frogs
  • Transmology Claw
  • Cooking Infusions (Sleep, Botulism, and Death specifically)

There might probably be more (I dunno if you count Tracking's Spikepit or Ecology's FamiliarSting since you technically envenom those spikes/fetish too), but those're what I remember anyway.
Arix2012-05-31 09:08:10
what does keeneye do?
Ssaliss2012-05-31 10:16:49
Tells weaponusers when the venom on the weapon rubs off. Can't remember if another message was included to show shrugging or not.
Daganev2012-05-31 11:16:18
Ssaliss:

Tells weaponusers when the venom on the weapon rubs off. Can't remember if another message was included to show shrugging or not.

It was.

I would include the skills from trapping and pits and the spikes/fetishes as well.

Are there any other skills or is that all of them?
Tacita2012-05-31 13:17:27
There's also TK's AnimateDagger but I've yet to find someone to test for me whether it already gives a message or not (since it is a weapon, it might well do right now).

They all seem to fall into two 'categories' which are "things that you envenom from vials" and "things that are inherently venomous". So for example Ecology's Fetish would be the former as you specify and use the poison, and Nihilism's BarbedTail would be the latter as it gives a random poison.

I'll likely use those definitions as a basis for breaking down solutions :)
Ssaliss2012-05-31 14:08:04
There's also direct and indirect use; for instance, beastmastery poisonspit is a direct use (you command; it happens), while cooking infusions/hunter traps are indirect use (you prepare it; enemy triggers it).
Rivius2012-05-31 18:54:21
I'm not really sure it's needed in all those situations, personally. The reason it was given to warriors and monks is because poisons are very integral to their entire offense and having it all be invisible to them was obviously not doing too much good for their strategies.
I could see also why druids got it back, since I've seen some very interesting sap strategies that relied on getting a poison off.

You might be able to make some arguments for ecology fetishes, but I feel like everything else doesn't need it much.
Tacita2012-05-31 19:20:41
Rivius:

I'm not really sure it's needed in all those situations, personally. The reason it was given to warriors and monks is because poisons are very integral to their entire offense and having it all be invisible to them was obviously not doing too much good for their strategies.
I could see also why druids got it back, since I've seen some very interesting sap strategies that relied on getting a poison off.

You might be able to make some arguments for ecology fetishes, but I feel like everything else doesn't need it much.

I do agree that there are a bunch of things in that list that I don't personally feel need it, so it would be interesting to hear arguments from people that have these skills as to whether they think they should be able to see keeneye messages for them (and why). The more information people give the easier I can collate it into a report that best serves what people want to get out of it.

I can see quite a strong argument for eco fetishes getting it, as it's a pretty integral part of the eco offence.
Arix2012-06-01 00:03:59
well ninjakari darts are envenomed on attack, same as nekotai. and the foot dart is always envenomed when it isn't in the brace or embedded in someone
Malarious2012-06-03 10:01:35
Nekotai - ScorpionSpit, Nekotai - Sprongcree, Blowgun I guess, are all important and are used specifically for poisoning. They are all also active use skills, similar to ecology.

I have nothing to say about most others. But things like pits dont need it, while a dart trap MAY.