Architectural Matrimony - The Union of Morbo and Ushaara

by Eritheyl

Back to Event Scrolls.

Eritheyl2012-05-22 01:39:21
(Hallifax): Morbo says, "The Oberst and I would like to invite any who would like to join us in the
Transcendental Aviary for our wedding."

Transcendental Aviary.
Banks of clouds roil about here. Gold metalwork has been wrought into twisting, thick wires, shaping
the room into an imitation birdcage, albeit of greater size. Crystal-clear glass panels fit into the
puzzle-like frame and glitter softly from dawning sunlight. Clouds float by languidly across the
span of the glass panels, revealing as they part the beautiful blue horizon. Lush vegetation, rife
with broad, colourful flowers, grows abundantly in gemstone vases, perfuming the air with a sweet,
floral scent. Sculptures of massive birds lie nestled between the thriving flora and have been hewn
from rubies, emeralds, diamonds, and other crystals. Each bird is embellished further with gold
accents and semi-precious jewels, defining plumage and wing-shape. The whistles and croons of birds
whispers throughout the aviary from no apparent origin. Arching fountains suffuse this well-tended
garden, its flora marked by perfect symmetry. A young woolly rhino with a stubby horn wanders about
here. A young female mammoth stomps about here. Smoke curling from her nostrils, a midnight black
nightmare paws impatiently at the black clouds roiling beneath her hooves. Surrounded by golden
lightning, a golden thunderbird spreads his many coloured wings here, diamond eyes glowing with a
noble intellect. Surrounded by crackling lightning, a rose quartz thunderbird spreads his leathery
wings here, deep grey eyes blazing with a keen intellect. Archmage Phoebus Windwhisper, Shaper of
Systems is here, surrounded by clouds. She wields a roiling staff of cold fog in her left hand.
Oberst Ushaara La'Saet is here, wreathed in crackling bolts of icy white lightning. He wields a
ceremonial silver halberd with both hands. Lord Potentate Daedalion Koicei, the Aria of Solemn
Sacrifice is here, the notes of a breathtaking symphony weaving complex refrains about his form. He
wields a lilac-swept violin of ebony ceramic in his left hand and a steel banded tower shield in his
right. Junior Fellow Athenas Diluculo is here, shrouded. She wields an onyx domothean scalpel in her
left hand. Shedrin is here, rubbing his chin thoughtfully. He wields a tower shield of the Matrix in
his left hand and an onyx domothean scalpel in his right. Morbo Gordian floats here as pure white
lines of force slowly drift away from his body. He wields an amethyst domothean scalpel in his left
hand and a glowing powerstone in his right.
You see exits leading northeast, southeast, southwest, northwest, and up.

(Hallifax): Morbo says, "Are there any others who intend to join us?"

(Hallifax): Zvoltz says, "If so, do hurry up. I've waiting long enough."

Archmage Phoebus Windwhisper, Shaper of Systems busies herself with admiring the greenery and
sculptures in the Aviary.

(Hallifax): Isune says, "You can be so fussy, Zvoltz."

(Hallifax): Morbo says, "I believe that is everyone, Lord and Lady."

Shedrin looks about himself, rubbing his chin thoughtfully.

Morbo Gordian says, "Now we pick our wedding entourage. I pick Shedrin as best man."

Morbo Gordian says, "Ushaara's pick."

Your eyes sparkle with amusement.

Archmage Phoebus Windwhisper, Shaper of Systems says, "...I'm pretty sure you're supposed to figure
this out beforehand."

Oberst Ushaara La'Saet asks, "So do I get a bridesmaid or a best man?"

You say, "I could be either, feasibly."

Ushaara utters a deep, rumbling laugh at you.

A wry smile spreads across your face.

Oberst Ushaara La'Saet smiles and says to you, "Well then I happily accept your offer."

You clap your hands together merrily.

Ushaara waves about a sapphire sky lily energetically.

Oberst Ushaara La'Saet says, "I have my something blue."

Ushaara waves about some tawdry boots energetically.

Oberst Ushaara La'Saet says, "And my something old."

Arcs of fulminating brilliance surge across the sky as Zvoltz, the Architect returns to mortal
perception.

Arcs of coruscating energy undulate in ripples of icy white resplendency, coalescing into Zvoltz,
the Architect.

Motes of gentle, clear light blink into life, gradually coalescing into the form of Isune.

Isune's eyes sparkle with amusement at Zvoltz.

You see Morbo aggressively approach Ushaara and announce, "Prepare to exchange pleasantries!"

Zvoltz gently takes Isune's hand before kneeling and kissing it softly.

With a trilling laugh, Isune, the Aesthete says to Zvoltz, "Let us not detract from the wedding of
the real brides, hm?"

Archmage Phoebus Windwhisper, Shaper of Systems says, "They're both women now?"

Oberst Ushaara La'Saet laughingly says to Morbo, "Your dutiful attention is appreciated."

Archmage Phoebus Windwhisper, Shaper of Systems looks skeptical and says, "I guess this -is-
Hallifax after all."

Zvoltz's eyes sparkle with amusement at Isune.

Zvoltz, the Architect says to Isune, "I believe the appropriate papers, relics, and people have been
requisitioned for the ceremony."

"Oh?" Isune exclaims quizzically.

Morbo Gordian says, "Shedrin is here, that accounts for the relics."

Faintly amused, Isune, the Aesthete says, "I see, You are asking Me to wed Your Avatars. Very well
then."

Ushaara snaps to attention zealously, his posture an example of perfect military discipline.

Delicately examining Her nails, Isune, the Aesthete says, "I suppose that explains why You dragged
Me here after all, part of Your grand Design to avoid romantic nonsense."

Isune grins mischievously at Zvoltz.

Zvoltz, the Architect says to Isune, "You know Me too well, Fair One."

Glancing wryly at Phoebus, you hide a grin behind your hand.

"Shh!" Phoebus says to you, putting a finger to her lips.

Isune, the Aesthete laughingly says, "Well then, let's get started."

You clear your throat.

Isune, the Aesthete claps Her hands together, eyes alight.

Streamers of opulent silk flutter in on an errant breeze, draping across the sparkling crystal
spires with delicate grace.

Zvoltz rolls His eyes.

You murmur softly to yourself.

Isune, the Aesthete smiles impishly and says, "Don't give Me that look, You asked Me to do this."

(Clan): Shedrin says, "Isune is tp-ing Halli."

Zvoltz, the Architect crosses His arms over His chest in a pose of polite indifference.

Sunlight filters in to settle upon the couple in the center of the garden, and the flowers tilt up
on their stems towards its gentle light.

Eyes sparkling, Isune, the Aesthete says, "An engagement is perhaps the most Hallifaxian of
procedures. It is an unnecessary courtship after a courtship, a process to reach a long-awaited goal."

Isune, the Aesthete says, "It is tedious and redundant, in that your heart belongs to another in all
but title. And yet, a title can mean so much. Husband is a word that you come here today having
earned, and spent a great deal of time considering before now."

With a negligent flick of His wrist, fulminating arcs of icy white lightning surge out from the
Architect to writhe about the streamers which drape the spires.

Zvoltz, the Architect nods to Himself.

Zvoltz, the Architect turns His attention back to Isune.

Raising a hand in a languid gesture, Isune, the Aesthete says, "The Higher Emotions of Love, of
selfless Commitment and Dedication, are the pillars that hold your relationship high. Consider it..."
She smiles wryly. "Consider it the framework of an ever-present Design."

Zvoltz nods His head sagely.

Laughing lightly, Isune, the Aesthete says, "Unlike your Patron, I am no Architect, and so if I am
presiding I am afraid I will speak in sunrises and sunsets rather than construction. And so, I greet
you now on this new dawn as a beginning rises before you by one another's side."

You smile softly.

With a gentle smile, Isune, the Aesthete says, "Morbo, Ushaara. If you have vows, you may speak them
now."

(Clan): Ushaara says, "AAAGGGH."

(Clan): Ushaara says, "Morbo, go first so I can think of something."

Zvoltz, the Architect says, "They had better be good vows if you want a wedding gift."

Morbo Gordian says, "Right yes."

Ushaara tilts his head and listens intently to Morbo.

Morbo Gordian says, "As previously agreed upon, I promise to uphold the laws of Hallifax, the grand
Design of Lord Zvoltz, the needs of the Collective and the needs of the Gordian family before our
relationship. After all of those things, I will prioritize our relationship according to its
importance relative to all other matters presented to me. I will judge this logically and without
lower emotion. I will promise to be married to you, in sickness and in health, until it is no longer
convenient for either the Collective, Lord Zvoltz, or House Gordian."

Isune's eyes sparkle with amusement.

Ushaara nods solemnly.

Isune, the Aesthete smiles impishly and says to Ushaara, "Well it will be hard to top that romantic
sentiment."

(Clan): Athenas says, "Service. Respect. Obedience."

(Clan): Athenas says, "Done."

(Clan): You say, "And then Shedrin chimes in with 'and lightning', and presents happen. I
dig it."

(Clan): Shedrin says, "*jeopardy music*."

Zvoltz taps His foot impatiently, glaring at Ushaara.

Oberst Ushaara La'Saet says to Morbo, "Morbo, as previously agreed upon and in accordance with what
I am told are our Lord Patron's wishes, this marriage will be a celibate union to stand as exemplar
to the perfect Design achievable through the Foundations of Unity, Order, Law, Structure and Harmony.
I promise to be married to you, in sickness and in health, until it is no longer convenient for
either the Collective, Lord Zvoltz, or House Gordian."

Isune's eyes twinkle enchantingly.

Isune, the Aesthete smiles impishly and says, "Then you may salute your life partner now."

Morbo reaches out and grips Ushaara's shoulder as electricity crackles in their eyes.

Ushaara reaches out and grips Morbo's shoulder as electricity crackles in their eyes.

Morbo Gordian says, "Huzzah."

Isune, the Aesthete smiles and says, "Congratulations."

Ushaara appears to puff up slightly as his entire body glows a cheerful shade of citrine yellow.

Morbo Gordian says, "I also do happy Faeling things."

Morbo Gordian smiles kinda.

You exclaim, "Hurraaah!"

You shift your eyes suspiciously from side to side.

Isune, the Aesthete applauds politely, glancing with amusement up at Zvoltz.

Daedalion gives up a round of applause.

Zvoltz, the Architect says, "As your wedding gift, you may bearsit My beloved panda until I desire
to collect him again."

Zvoltz gives a pudgy, stuffed panda bear to Oberst Ushaara La'Saet.

Isune gives a trillingly melodic laugh.

Utterly entranced, Ushaara emits a long "Ooooh."

Rigidly, Archmage Phoebus Windwhisper, Shaper of Systems says, "Congratulations."

Isune, the Aesthete says to Zvoltz, "And I suppose that outdoes everything else I've done."

Morbo Gordian says, "Since there is only one bear, may I request a boon of my own?"

Oberst Ushaara La'Saet smiles and says to Zvoltz, "Thank you Lord."

Isune tilts Her head curiously at Morbo.

The eyes of Morbo go briefly out of focus.

You say, "Foster the dormant maternal instinct, share him!"

Ushaara drops a pudgy, stuffed panda bear.

With a wistful look on his face, Ushaara touches a pudgy, stuffed panda bear.
A pudgy, stuffed panda bear rolls over onto his side and pushes himself up into a standing position
with a good deal of effort.

Zvoltz, the Architect asks Morbo, "What do you want?"

A pudgy, stuffed panda bear jumps into Ushaara's arms and rubs his snout on Ushaara's face with a
happy giggle.

"Nom! You're mine now," a pudgy, stuffed panda bear says before wiggling free.

A pudgy, stuffed panda bear tumbles to the ground, landing on his rotund belly.

Morbo Gordian says, "I'd like to see Inagin zapped, please."

A startled laugh escapes Isune's lips, which is quickly stifled as Her hand moves to politely cover
Her mouth.

Zvoltz snickers softly to Himself.

Morbo hums a happy tune.

Isune, the Aesthete smiles impishly and says to Morbo, "Settle for your nonviolent panda, Warlord."

Zvoltz, the Architect dissolves into jagged bolts of fulminating brilliance which burst into the air,
racing away in all directions.

Isune, the Aesthete laughingly says, "A charmer, isn't He?"

The corners of Ushaara's mouth turn up as he grins mischievously.

A wry smile spreads across your face.

Isune, the Aesthete smiles and says, "Congratulations, dear ones."

Isune's form shatters into a flock of colourful birds, their tiny forms tracing circles in the air
before darting away.

Provost Tulemrah Shevat, Tender of Breezes says, "Now you have your own bear."

Morbo Gordian punches the panda bear in the face over and over screaming, "I HATE YOU, YOU'RE A
STUPID BEAR".

Phoebus blinks.

Opening her mouth wide, Tulemrah gapes in wonder.

Morbo Gordian says, "Thank you tulemrah, that helped greatly."

Morbo gives a pudgy, stuffed panda bear to Provost Tulemrah Shevat, Tender of Breezes.

You stare implacably at Morbo.

Shedrin looks about himself, rubbing his chin thoughtfully.

Morbo Gordian says, "I understand their use now."

Oberst Ushaara Gordian says to Shedrin, "Meteor storms do not count as wedding presents!"

You say, "Now, the question I am certain more than myself and the Archmage have been perched on..."

Provost Tulemrah Shevat, Tender of Breezes says, "You are a strange man, Magistrate."

You ask, "Will there be cake?"

You languidly raise a hand skyward, motes of twinkling sunlight scattering from your fingertips.

Tulemrah's ears perk up with a sudden interest.

Morbo Gordian says, "Yes, We've cleverly stored it in the stock rooms of the Aetherplex."

Archmage Phoebus Windwhisper, Shaper of Systems says, "I'm going to need a lot of cake."

Junior Fellow Shedrin Shevat says to Ushaara, "Meteor storm prepared."

Folding your wings so that you can reach them properly, you begin to preen them in a soothing motion,
straightening out the disheveled feathers.

Morbo Gordian says, "Okay...."

Morbo Gordian says, "Bye."

Ushaara leaves, following Morbo Gordian.

Provost Tulemrah Shevat, Tender of Breezes looks skeptical and says, "No cake then."

Lord Potentate Daedalion Koicei, the Aria of Solemn Sacrifice sighs, "I wanted cake."

Archmage Phoebus Windwhisper, Shaper of Systems says, "I need cake."

Provost Tulemrah Shevat, Tender of Breezes says, "Back to paperwork."

Archmage Phoebus Windwhisper, Shaper of Systems says, "I'm gonna go buy my own cake."

(Hallifax): You say, "Another round of congratulations for the newlyweds! May their union bring
prosperity and further reverence to our shining Collective. Hurrah, hurrah!"

You pump your fists in the air to rally the troops.

Thin lines of pure white energy drift in from the southeast, assembling into a complex design that
weaves itself into the form of Ushaara.

You stare implacably about yourself.

Archmage Phoebus Windwhisper, Shaper of Systems says to Ushaara, "Did you bring cake?"

You say, "Someone cheer with me."

Ushaara waves about a fruit studded tea cake shaped like a rose energetically.

Ushaara gives you a wild cheer!

Archmage Phoebus Windwhisper, Shaper of Systems says to Ushaara, "You are ever my hero, Oberst."

Phoebus thrusts her hand out to Ushaara and begs shamelessly.

Oberst Ushaara Gordian laughingly says, "Tea cake, my favourite and not at all the cheapest in the
Aetherplex."

---

Then, we ate cake.

And it was good.

---

Oberst Ushaara Gordian laughingly says, "So, I'm a lucky man, yes?"

Phoebus shrugs helplessly.

Phoebus quickly devours a fruit studded tea cake shaped like a rose.

You say, "You are certainly something, Oberst."

The corners of Ushaara's mouth turn up as he grins mischievously.
Unknown2012-05-22 02:49:54
Does he have a description yet? >>
Ushaara2012-05-22 02:52:48
That panda is very cute!
Daereth2012-05-22 06:17:41
The panda was the best part. I wanted to reach through the screen and hug it!
Zyphora2012-05-22 15:08:50
I loved the vows! Hilarious! :D
Veyrzhul2012-05-22 20:29:10
Nice vows, yes :P
This was almost too much of a ceremony. Two signatures made without speaking a word and then a nod at each other before returning to your duties should have done the trick.
Rivius2012-05-22 21:43:53
Very well done! :D
Iorwen2012-05-23 19:12:14
That was a lovely read, very enjoyable! Congratulations.

Also, very nice vows. :P
Unknown2012-07-23 12:34:55
Hi all,
Sorry if this is late but that was a very nice read I know it is months late just joined the forums so just loooking at topics
Unknown2012-07-23 12:40:01
Hi all sorry if this got posted twice I didn't see my other replay but anyways very nicely done I know this is months old but I am new to the these boards was just looking at different topics.
Placeus2012-07-24 05:27:51
Even the bots approve of the wedding!

Congrats to you both