Cavalier Lines

by Unknown

Back to Combat Guide.

Unknown2012-05-13 08:57:50
Hi,

Here's the Cavalier lines. I'll make it prettier tomorrow or later.

All the warrior affs currently exist. Not much changes there will be needed, if at all. Might need to doublecheck your initial lines (With a focused look, Swinging blah in an underhanded arc, etc etc) though.

LacerateArm - bleed

With a focused look, Elana strikes at you with an elegant black steel bardiche finished with golden
webbing. Elana strikes your left arm, mangling a major artery that explodes blood in all directions.

LacerateLeg - bleed

With a focused look, Elana strikes at you with an elegant black steel bardiche finished with golden
webbing. Elana strikes your left leg, mangling a major artery that explodes blood in all directions.

FurrowBrow

webbing. Elana strikes across your forehead and leaves a long furrow that weeps blood onto your face.

Obstruction

Elana locks eyes with you, watching your every movement. - move started

A steel blue phoenix rears up and brutally kicks you in the left arm, sending you sprawling. - offbalance + prone + 500-700 wounds on body part listed, mount is variable

BreakNose

With a heavy overhand stroke, Elana slams an elegant black steel bardiche finished with golden
webbing down upon you. Your nose is savagely smited and breaks, causing blood to splurt forth.

OpenGut

webbing. Elana strikes into your gut, which opens up and pours blood in a pool at your feet.

Cleave

Elana razes your magical shield with an elegant black steel bardiche finished with golden webbing.
Elana razes your speed defence with an elegant black steel bardiche finished with golden webbing.
Cleaving through your defenses, Elana makes a slow deadly strike at your left leg with an elegant
black steel bardiche finished with golden webbing. Elana strikes your left leg, mangling a major
artery that explodes blood in all directions.

BreakArm

Flourishing an elegant black steel bardiche finished with golden webbing above her head, Elana takes
a swing at you. Your left arm is bashed and breaks with a loud crack.

BreakLeg

Swinging an elegant black steel bardiche finished with golden webbing in an underhand arc, Elana
strikes at you. Your left thigh bone is smashed and shatters under the force of the blow.

Guard

Elana grips an elegant black steel bardiche finished with golden webbing, ready to guard herself
against assault. - defense is up

Spotting an opening in your offence, Elana quickly jabs your right leg. Elana strikes your right leg,
mangling a major artery that explodes blood in all directions. - happens as a reaction to any attack, does random jab wound affs + 500-700 actual wounds

PunctureChest

With a focused look, Eria strikes at you with a solid platinum bardiche ornamented with spikes. Eria strikes deep into your chest, and you grit your teeth as the blade twists violently.

Hook

Lothringen quickly hooks his bardiche under your hammer, pulling you off balance. <- weapon type. Only for warrior vs warrior parry.
~2 sec balance loss, stacks slightly.
SteedCharge

A subtle increase in illumination and a shower of golden sparks herald the entrance of a steel blue
phoenix from the south.
You lose purchase on an ebon nightmare.
You manage to resist the attempt to summon you.
Elana charges in from the a potion of healing and slams into you, coming to an abrupt halt.

- just prone, buggy message. Probably uses the mount name

A subtle increase in illumination and a shower of golden sparks herald the entrance of a steel blue
phoenix from the south.
Elana charges in from the south and slams into you, carrying you off to the in.
Showering her surroundings in golden sparks by flapping her wings, a steel blue phoenix takes flight
and leaves to the in.

- prone + stun

KnockDown

Swinging an elegant black steel bardiche finished with golden webbing in an underhand arc, Elana
strikes at you. Your left leg is elegantly smashed and swept out from under you, knocking you to the
ground.

Sunder

Swinging the shaft of an elegant black steel bardiche finished with golden webbing with brutal
strength, Lothringen aims for your left leg. You receive only a red welt from your left leg being
struck.

GashCheek

webbing. Elana strikes across your face and through your cheek, leaving it dangling precariously and
oozing blood.

Joust

Lothringen squeezes his heels around a hairy black spider with a long stinger's body and leads her
in a wide circle, keeping an elegant black steel bardiche finished with golden webbing vertical and
preparing to charge down on you.

-warning

Bearing down on you, Lothringen lowers his bardiche and angles it across a hairy black spider with a
long stinger's neck. He connects brutally with your right arm, sending you flying through the air
before gravity exerts its pull and you come tumbling back down, hitting the floor hard.

-prone + 500 chest wounds

JaggedWound

webbing. You are struck deep into your gut, ripping the flesh with a jagged wound that gushes blood. - 400 bleed

webbing. You are struck deep into your chest, ripping the flesh with a jagged wound that gushes
blood.

FarGuard

Same as guard

SliceBicep

Cleaving through your defenses, Elana makes a slow deadly strike at your left arm with an elegant
black steel bardiche finished with golden webbing. You are struck in your left bicep and blood
freely flows down your arm.

OpenChest

webbing. You are struck across the chest, laying open a flap of skin which bleeds profusely.

Heft

With a heavy overhand stroke, Elana slams an elegant black steel bardiche finished with golden
webbing down upon you, and you partially block the blow with Gauntlets of Psychedelia. Your nose is
savagely smited and breaks, causing blood to splurt forth.
webbing down upon you. You are smited in the chest and receive a small bruise.

- doubleswing, no prompt in between

CrackElbow

Flourishing an elegant black steel bardiche finished with golden webbing above her head, Elana takes
a swing at you. Your right elbow cracks apart as it is bashed.

Impale

webbing. Elana plunges her blade through your gut, and you are impaled viciously on the blade.

FractureSkull

webbing down upon you. Your head snaps back as your skull is smited hard and fractures, causing your
thoughts to spin.

Recovery

None

CrushChest

Elana swings an elegant black steel bardiche finished with golden webbing at you. Your chest is
brutally pounded and your ribs snap under the force of the blow.

CrushArm

a swing at you. Your left arm is bashed with an awesome blow and pulverized into a bloody stump.

PinCharge

phoenix from the out.
Elana charges in from the out and slams into you, impaling her bardiche deep in your gut.

- impaled + prone

You are impaled, which makes movement impossible.

- symptom of being impaled, get it while trying to move/stand

CrushLeg

a swing at you. Your left leg is bashed with an awesome blow and pulverized into a bloody stump.

SeverSpine

Letting an elegant black steel bardiche finished with golden webbing droop, Elana suddenly heaves it
up at you. Elana smites into your back and you feel your spine shatter with a sickening crunch as
all feeling in your limbs fades into horrifying numbness.

BashBrain

You die.

Skewer

You die.

I need the sunder, recovery, farguard, and hook lines.

Not sure if recovery/hook/farguard even have victim-side messages.

Sunder wasn't working when I tested. Post when you get it please.
Unknown2012-05-13 09:41:49
Hook: Lothringen quickly hooks his bardiche under your hammer, pulling you off balance. <- weapon type. Only for warrior vs warrior parry.

Farguard is exactly the same message as Guard.

Dunno about Recovery. I don't think there is a victim-side message, not 100% sure though.
Unknown2012-05-13 11:09:46
Seriously. It's seeing information freely exchanged so quickly like this that makes you guys super awesome.

Much <3
Raeri2012-05-13 11:30:56
Solanis:

Hook: Lothringen quickly hooks his bardiche under your hammer, pulling you off balance. <- weapon type. Only for warrior vs warrior parry.

Farguard is exactly the same message as Guard.

Dunno about Recovery. I don't think there is a victim-side message, not 100% sure though.

There isn't. You just see a doubleswing, where the first one is a miss message.
Daganev2012-05-13 16:04:03
Sunder Attack line:

"Swinging the shaft of a solid platinum bardiche ornamented with spikes with
brutal strength, Daganev aims for your chest. You are struck in the chest and receive a small bruise.

Sunder With Heft:

"Swinging the shaft of a solid platinum bardiche ornamented with spikes with
brutal strength, Daganev aims for your head. Your nose is savagely struck and breaks, causing blood to splurt forth.Swinging the shaft of a solid platinum bardiche ornamented with spikes with brutal strength, Daganev aims for your chest. You are struck in the chest and receive a small bruise.
Unknown2012-05-13 20:38:57
Here's Sunder and Joust

Sunder

Swinging the shaft of an elegant black steel bardiche finished with golden webbing with brutal
strength, Lothringen aims for your left leg. You receive only a red welt from your left leg being
struck.

Joust

Lothringen squeezes his heels around a hairy black spider with a long stinger's body and leads her
in a wide circle, keeping an elegant black steel bardiche finished with golden webbing vertical and
preparing to charge down on you.

-prep line

Bearing down on you, Lothringen lowers his bardiche and angles it across a hairy black spider with a
long stinger's neck. He connects brutally with your right arm, sending you flying through the air
before gravity exerts its pull and you come tumbling back down, hitting the floor hard.

-prone + 500 chest wounds

Veyrzhul2012-05-13 20:51:26
Riding a spider while jousting is already hilarious, now imagine it with some of the other mounts/pets we have out there.
Rivius2012-05-13 20:56:49
PONY.
Xiel2012-05-13 21:54:16
I find the prospect of someone riding down upon me with a mighty cross-eyed war goat to be more amusing than a roly-poly pony.
Lothringen2012-05-13 22:16:13
Veyrzhul:

Riding a spider while jousting is already hilarious, now imagine it with some of the other mounts/pets we have out there.

My spider is ferocious, don't hate. :angry2:
Unknown2012-05-14 01:47:55
My dragonfly might come at you in reverse.
Malarious2012-05-14 08:31:50
Curious but does GUARD require not attacking people or is it use and forget? Did they basically make it so you got a ton of free hits from guard or do you have to give up your offense for it?

Can guard deliver poisons?
Lothringen2012-05-14 08:41:10
Free hits.

I haven't seen poison proc, but don't know for sure.
Unknown2012-05-14 09:22:48
Xiel:

I find the prospect of someone riding down upon me with a mighty cross-eyed war goat to be more amusing than a roly-poly pony.

Is that a challenge?!
Malarious2012-05-14 10:03:24
Lothringen:

Free hits.

I haven't seen poison proc, but don't know for sure.

How often does it hit?

Cause it sounds to me like they made warriors that are hitting even when they cant hit... on top of having heft!
Daganev2012-05-14 11:29:33
Malarious:

How often does it hit?

Cause it sounds to me like they made warriors that are hitting even when they cant hit... on top of having heft!

From my quick test, about 20% of the time.
Unknown2012-05-14 11:47:14
It's significantly lower than that.

I had it pegged at about 5%.
Daganev2012-05-14 13:03:14
Solanis:

It's significantly lower than that.

I had it pegged at about 5%.

I hope it's not that low. If it is, we will need someone to do hundreds of hits and get a number to see if it's flavor or actually meaningful.
Enyalida2012-05-14 15:54:12
How are cavaliers knocked off their mounts? I'm a bit concerned about beastmastery charging not being stopped by being bound...
Unknown2012-05-14 19:33:43
Anything that knocks them prone will take them off mounts, but they have a skill that passively resists that. It's a good % chance too.