Life on the Road

by Morshoth

Back to Survival Guide.

Morshoth2012-04-27 22:32:26
I've decided to take Morshoth on the road, as a rogue. Major decision, that I've been thinking about for some time. While I won't be playing much the next couple of weeks due to class, once I have the time, I plan on using this thread to talk about the game from the perspective of someone outside of a city/commune, and perhaps use this to mention how the game could be altered to make it more enjoyable for those who don't want to be tied up in city/commune workings. For now, I leave this thread empty, aside from this post.

If anyone has any advice for rogues (aside from join a city/commune) and wish to add here, please go ahead!

Until I post again, see you on the roads!
Razenth2012-04-27 22:44:06
What guild are you? Do you think you'll have any problems obtaining power?
Unknown2012-04-28 02:51:14
COME TO GAUDIGUCH!
Zvoltz2012-04-28 03:23:55
It's been said a few times before but I think it bears repeating at the outset of this thread, but Lusternia was not designed with rogues in mind and suggestions to make it more rogue-friendly have generally been turned down.

EDIT: This post is not meant to be a downer post, just an FYI! I always like reading ideas on the forums.
Eritheyl2012-04-28 05:05:30
I suggest you do what you can for gold, and send it to me so I can feed our children!

/sobsobmelodrama

But in all seriousness - just don't turn into one of those Aetherplex tumors, please.
Unknown2012-04-28 06:03:14
Zvoltz:

It's been said a few times before but I think it bears repeating at the outset of this thread, but Lusternia was not designed with rogues in mind and suggestions to make it more rogue-friendly have generally been turned down.

EDIT: This post is not meant to be a downer post, just an FYI! I always like reading ideas on the forums.

All I'm sayin is that you call them Mercenaries. You ought to let hunting warriors get rogue dogs so they can actually be mercenary.
Israafiyl2012-05-24 04:43:36
Zvoltz:

oh?? I seem to find the game rogue friendly enough I wouldn't have guessed this
Unknown2012-05-24 08:19:40
Israafiyl:

oh?? I seem to find the game rogue friendly enough I wouldn't have guessed this

Rogues don't have access to a lot of skills (because a lot of skills require a Nexus).
Enyalida2012-05-24 20:02:30
And can't really participate in many of the politics, conflict, contests, or some events. To a certain degree, participation in things like order can be hampered (via affinity), and it's usually quite lonely.

A more established character can have a lot better time of going rogue, as they can (depending on class) still keep and use many of their core skills to facilitate bashing and gold-generation, and have a certain network of IC friends to keep things interesting. For a new character, it's pretty much all Influence/Trade and hoping that someone will teach you when you need it, which can get sketchy.

Though this is somewhat offtopic from the OP, I always recommend that someone who wants to play a rogue character joins one of the orgs that is more prone to leaving people alone, like Serenwilde or Gaudiguch, and just make a point of RP-ing that you're just blowing through. You may end up really liking the RP in that place and decide to stay there and participate in some fashion in the events of that nation, or not. If not, you can always leave, especially if you had the possibility of leaving planned out from the start.
Turnus2012-05-24 23:56:32
I always thought the RP of being a mercenary for hire would be cool. But I doubt any orgs would want to "lower themselves" to buying somebody off to fight for them (among other things). So it'll stay as something that would be cool to do, but isn't feasible in practicality for a variety of reasons.
Unknown2012-05-25 01:57:16
No way, if Shuyin took the wintrain mercenary, people would pay him to pull into their station.
Raeri2012-05-26 02:54:45
Zvoltz:

Rogues get typecast titles!
Unknown2012-05-29 19:05:34
Only because if you didn't, then a Demigod with typecast that went rogue would have have their race line contain an undefined field.
Enyalida2012-06-02 03:08:37
That reminds me.. Can we have typecast have a toggle off option that doesn't require inactivating the power? I'll see if I can poke someone about it, or IDEA.