TERA online

by Seraku

Back to The Real World.

Seraku2012-05-08 20:25:42
Anyone else play TERA? I've been playing since the closed beta tests and so far this game has been a wonderful breath of fresh air. Combat is fun and unique and the visuals are frigging awesome.
Acrune2012-05-08 20:48:37
I do! I played on the open beta weekend and its the first graphics MMO I could stand. Its so pretty, and it holds my attention better than right clicking something and waiting until its dead.
Anisu2012-05-08 22:37:25
How is the story and questing. I basicly haven't purchased it because a lot of people claim it is repetitive and boring until you reach endgame. And while normally I chalk that up to the regular dark cloud people in this case even the fans seem to agree with it but defending it with 'once you bite the bullet it becomes great after level x'

I warn though for me if an mmo doesn't captivate within 30 minutes I don't like it. Though I suppose I could wait for a trial version.
Vadi2012-05-09 05:40:47
I balked at it's 25gb install size and skipped the beta - plus it costs an initial fee + upkeep. Is combat really that interesting, and are the graphics worth it?
Unknown2012-05-09 06:41:56
Anisu:

I warn though for me if an mmo doesn't captivate within 30 minutes I don't like it. Though I suppose I could wait for a trial version.

If this is the case, then chances are TERA won't interest you. The first 20 lvls are kind of meh for most classes but it is very quick leveling. Even if you play pretty casually getting to 60 takes maybe a few weeks at most. The story is not all that interesting, especially at early levels but I'm starting to read the story quests more and more now a days because I am actually interested in seeing what is going on. Honestly, I would suggest for you, and anyone who feels the same way as you do, to simply wait for trial version.

I <3 tera. I'll be playing it and Gw2 once it released. ;3
Acrune2012-05-10 02:38:01
Tera is a lot like pretty much every other MMO in that a lot of the questing that I've seen so far is kill x critters, bring some item to some guy, etc. Except the combat is more active than click on something and wait until its dead, then click on something else, while passively dodging or blocking or whatever. Every attack and dodge is commanded explicitly by the player, which means that fights aren't just determined by level and equipment, but player skill factors in far more than other MMOs that I've played (keeping in mind that I've only played early levels). For example, one thing I had to kill for the story quest recommended it be a 5 person fight. However, being the anti-social individual that I am, I couldn't be bothered to find a group, so I went at it alone. It took a bit, but I was able to dodge most of its attacks, and eventually took it out on my own.

Its also, without a doubt, the prettiest game I've ever played, but that doesn't say a whole lot considering my previous computer got crazy hot playing magicka on the lowest settings :P But, its a very nice looking game, especially if you're in to the fantasy theme.

Really, Tera is the only graphical MMO I've enjoyed while sampling enough that I was willing to pay to play more.
Sakr2012-05-16 06:09:11
If anyone wants to seriously try it out, PM me. I have 1 free pass for 7 days, or level 15.