Non Lusternian Games 2

by Unknown

Back to The Real World.

Turnus2012-04-17 16:44:04
I love me all kinds of weird games myself.

Lately the main one I've been playing is Dungeons of Dredmor (a roguelike, with a great humor to it), amusingly enough half the skills in the game seem to come right from Lusternia! Fleshcrafting, astrology, smithing (among others crazier abilities like golemancy, archaeology, werediggle, and vegetarian). Thanks to permadeath and my insistence on playing melee instead of (OPed) magic, I've still not beaten it yet.

Binding of Isaac is another great little game, best described as morbid zelda (the SNES style), with lots of crazy items and randomness. With an expansion coming out at the end of april, I'll be sinking some more time into it soon.

Both those games were just $5 and I've probably played them more than most big name titles. :D

I've been trying to get into the strategy AI War. Its incredibly deep and complex, and it takes such huge blocks of time to make progress that I really need to be in the mood to do it, but its definitely unique for an RTS and I'm getting the hang of it.

And lastly, when I just want to blow stuff up, Killing Floor is my FPS zombie shooter of choice.

Edit: Steam is an awful enabler of a gaming addiction. What, 75% off this game that looks cool? I guess I can try it out...
Seraku2012-04-17 18:38:54
I've been recently enjoying TERA online, a new MMORPG coming out in may I think. The free open beta test is coming up this weekend though. The graphics are beautiful, there's a nice selection of races, and the combat is really fun, fluid, and unique.
Vadi2012-04-18 09:21:07
Started playing on Ryzom again recently, Mounjt & Blade and Trine 2 are also in the list.
Near2012-04-19 21:08:21
I'm starting Final Fantasy XIV in May! :D
Ssaliss2012-04-21 12:26:57
Since they just released it:

A Valley Without Wind Launch Trailer
Ssaliss2012-04-21 14:59:45
I think it's pretty good, yeah. You can always play it in trial mode; I think the current limits are no spells above tier two and no leaving the first continent, but it's definitely enough to give you an idea what it's about.
Unknown2012-04-22 01:57:20
In unrelated news, I recently made the mistake of clicking my Minecraft shortcut! So! Who has a nice server they play on. Do we have a Lusternia server?
Unknown2012-04-22 15:13:25
Sadly not. They crop up on the community boards from time to time though.
Turnus2012-04-22 23:53:30
Ssaliss:

I think it's pretty good, yeah. You can always play it in trial mode; I think the current limits are no spells above tier two and no leaving the first continent, but it's definitely enough to give you an idea what it's about.

Started the trial mode, and while I haven't made it out of the tutorial (I insisted on putting it to hard mode, and its hard :D), and I'm loving it so far. The death mechanic is really interesting. How far have you made it in? I'm curious how complex it gets. I might have to start playing it, I finally beat my first campaign of AI War (the dev-team's other game). Especially as I know these guys will keep doing tons of work to tweak/support/add new content. Their other game is 3 years old and still gets new updates ranging from once a week to once a month.
Ssaliss2012-04-23 04:45:10
I'm on continent five in my current world, and the only reason I haven't gone beyond that is because I decided to hunker down and make it a "complete" continent (all buildings and all spells and whatnot). And it definitely gets complex; I don't think you've seen the migration mechanic yet, which basically means that the enemies you face in a region becomes more diverse as they wander to nearby regions (so if you're in a grasslands next to an ice age, you'll start seeing skelebots in the grasslands). Some combinations are especially "fun" :D