Hallifaxian Gardens

by Morbo

Back to Event Scrolls.

Morbo2012-04-13 06:21:59
About three days ago, Hallifax requested and paid for a garden that would use the work of the combined guilds of Hallifax to produce unique flowers. It is amazing how quickly it was done and how great the results are. Keep in mind, anyone can use them if you aren't enemied to Hallifax, They are in the Trascendental Aviary. You turn garden to get the price, put the 10k gold in, put in a normal flower, then pull garden to make a new one.

(Hallifax): Shalmae Silverplume, the Steel Magnolia says,
"Citizens, an announcement on behalf of the Aesthetic
Elite of Hallifax."
(Hallifax): You say, "Yes, Lady Silverplume?"
(Hallifax): Shalmae Silverplume, the Steel Magnolia says,
"All those who consider themselves servants of the
Collective and patrons of the arts are to join me at the
Transcendental Aviary promptly."

With a flourish of your arm, you bow deeply.

Shalmae Silverplume, the Steel Magnolia allows a thin smile to crease her lips, inclining her head ever so slightly.
7084h 7330m 7590e <10p> 100%e 100%w exdbk-
Tulemrah inclines her head politely to those around her.
7084h 7330m 7590e <10p> 100%e 100%w exdbk-
Ushaara gives Captain Irima Ironwing a respectful salute.

"ismbard227176" Ismbard Brunl, Temporal Engineer
"garden110451" an aesthetically pleasing Hallifaxian garden
"irima168080" Captain Irima Ironwing
"shalmae156910" Shalmae Silverplume, the Steel Magnolia
"malimli50281" Malimli Fairquillion, Cloud Keeper
"nightmare243663" a midnight black nightmare
"pony285366" a brown, elegant pony with a twitching tail
Number of objects: 7

You say, "Greetings Ladies Farquillion, Silverplume, Captain Ironwing, and Fellow Brunl."

With cool ease, Shalmae Silverplume, the Steel Magnolia says, "Is that all, then? I suppose this is as suitable a gathering as any for the unveiling."

You say, "I believe others are on their way."

Briskly, Captain Irima Ironwing says, "I see little need to wait, if they cannot be prompt."

Maestra Nynia Windwhisper, di Mentori says, "Saleo is on his way."

Maestra Nynia Windwhisper, di Mentori says, "Ah, he's here."

Provost Tulemrah Shevat, Tender of Breezes says, "This seems to be everyone."

Ismbard Brunl, Temporal Engineer sucks thoughtfully on his teeth.

With a grand gesture towards the Ismbard, Shalmae Silverplume, the Steel Magnolia says, "Please, Engineer Brunl, do explain why we are gathered here this day."

Shalmae Silverplume, the Steel Magnolia stands about with aloof dignity.
Ismbard Brunl, Temporal Engineer says, "Well Lady Silverplume, I don't know that I'll be so eloquent as you, but I know the science of it."

Absently, Shalmae Silverplume, the Steel Magnolia says, "Few are as articulate as myself, Engineer Brunl. It is the curse of the artist caste."

Ismbard Brunl, Temporal Engineer says, "Captain Ironwing and I were able to use previous research by Professor Nauta Shevat to temperoharmonically modify flowers using special implements and an
apparatus I designed myself."

The ghost of a smile passes fleetingly across Malimli Fairquillion, Cloud Keeper's lips.

You say, "Ah, so my experimental design was feasible?"

Ismbard Brunl, Temporal Engineer says, "Keeper Faiquillion provided the energy routing using similar technology to how the aeromantic conduits of the city run, which should be rather simple if any of
you are Aeromantic Engineers."

Malimli Fairquillion, Cloud Keeper says, "Quite so. I am pleased with how the project has turned out, overall. Several experiments were necessary, but they proved fruitful."

Ismbard Brunl, Temporal Engineer nods his head emphatically.

Ismbard Brunl, Temporal Engineer says, "Lady Silverplume here provided the inspiration as well as developed flowers in tribute to some of the Houses of the Commonwealth. I'll let her tell you about
those."

You say, "You do the Highest Castes great honour, to bring a simple idea and manifest it is the height of creation and to have done it so quickly as well truly shows the initiative and capabilities of
the Collective."

Ismbard Brunl, Temporal Engineer says, "Well, I am a professional."

Ismbard Brunl, Temporal Engineer buffs his fingernails against his clothing.

With a faint smirk, Shalmae Silverplume, the Steel Magnolia says, "As aesthetic director of the entire project, and representative of the Symphonium guild and the Master Artists, it is with great
pride that I inform you of the flora arrangements we have produced on behalf of the Collective."

You say, "I do not speak for the Institute, but this very well could earn you your doctorate in temporal physics, Fellow Brunl."

Primus Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says to Ismbard Brunl, Temporal Engineer, "Though of course you made sure there was someone watching the Labs in your absence."

Faintly irate with the interruptions, Shalmae Silverplume, the Steel Magnolia says, "In tribute to the House of Goldfeather, in its efforts with the Onyx Generator, we bestow the honour of an opaque
ebon rose."

With muted pride, Shalmae Silverplume, the Steel Magnolia says, "To the House of Shevat, for its work with the Beryl Sculpture, we bestow a tulip of golden beryl."

Gesturing towards the flora behind her, Shalmae Silverplume, the Steel Magnolia says, "To the House of Cloudwalker, we bestow a rubescent orchid."

Shalmae Silverplume, the Steel Magnolia says, "To the ever-noble house of Skysoarer, a sapphire sky lily has been deemed a token of their esteem."

Ismbard Brunl, Temporal Engineer twiddles some dials on the apparatus near the garden.

Smiling faintly, Shalmae Silverplume, the Steel Magnolia says, "To the House of Windwhisper, we bestow a faceted amethyst iris for its aesthetic involvement in the Collective."

Captain Irima Ironwing glances at Ismbard and moves to watch his actions.

With barely constrained pride, Shalmae Silverplume, the Steel Magnolia says, "And, on behalf of the House of Silverplume, a carnation of frosted diamond has been gifted for their efforts."

Oberst Ushaara La'Saet laughingly says, "I think we are all eager for a closer look."

Ismbard Brunl, Temporal Engineer says, "Now, I shall provide a demonstration then."

Shalmae Silverplume, the Steel Magnolia says, "You shall find many other flowers in the garden's depths all pleasing to the senses, for there are many more unmentioned."

You say, "If this works as I expect it shall, Need I fetch flowers?"

Arcs of coruscating energy undulate in ripples of icy white resplendency, coalescing into Zvoltz, the Architect.

You say, "If this works as I expect it shall, Need I fetch flowers?"

Oberst Ushaara La'Saet says to Zvoltz, "Greetings, Lord."

Zvoltz, the Architect says, "Ah, the work has been completed then."

Oberst Ushaara La'Saet says, "Comrade Ismbard was just about to provide a demonstration I think."

Zvoltz, the Architect walks over to the garden, brushing past Irima and Ismbard with a polite nod.

You say, "Fellow Ismbard."

Bowing slightly, Zvoltz, the Architect says, "I have a gift to provide to the garden, as well as for the fairest Isune, if She should favour Me with Her presence."

Ribbons of brilliant colour flash across the sky, the prismatic display heralding the arrival of Isune, the Aesthete to mortal perception.

Motes of gentle, clear light blink into life, gradually coalescing into the form of Isune.

Captain Irima Ironwing gives Isune a respectful salute.

Zvoltz, the Architect bows over Isune's hand, planting a chaste kiss on Her upturned wrist.

Her tone soft and inquisitive, Isune, the Aesthete says to Zvoltz, "What do you wish of Me, Architect?"

Cracking with energy, Zvoltz, the Architect says, "I gift for You, if You will indulge Me, My Lady?"

Isune, the Aesthete smiles impishly and says, "I suppose I can indulge, yes."

Zvoltz, the Architect smiles widely before kneeling at the edge of the garden and planting His hands in the soil.

Morbo nods his head toward Lady Isune his eyes glittering with the hint of something more transpiring.

Sparks of coruscating energy beging to whirl about the hazy form of the Architect, spinning through the air in strange patterns.

Isune, the Aesthete nonchalantly flicks a wrist, a sudden wind careening into your body that almost knocks you off-balance.

Zvoltz, the Architect's face tightens in concentration as the sparks begin to form a vortex around Him, whipping His hair about in a maelstrom of energy.

Isune, the Aesthete purses Her lips in thought, Her delicate features marked by evident curiosity.

The whirlwind of energy funnels into the garden in a soundless implosion of light, infusing the room with power and stilling the very winds as a sudden quiet overtakes the city.

Ismbard Brunl, Temporal Engineer says, "I wish I could do that."

Shalmae Silverplume, the Steel Magnolia delicately rolls her eyes.

Oberst Ushaara La'Saet says, "I feel as if I should be on alert, though since it is the Lord Architect who is doing it..."

You say to Ismbard Brunl, Temporal Engineer, "I've been working quite hard on learning how to capture the essence of the Divine for my own use, you could assist me in those experiments."

As Zvoltz lifts His hands from the soil as a delicate flower begins to grow rapidly beneath His sheltering aegis, blooming into fullness in only moments.

Zvoltz, the Architect plucks a rigid flower of precise angles from the garden with a smooth gesture.

With a grin playing across His lips, Zvoltz, the Architect says to Isune, "For You, My Lady."

Zvoltz gives a rigid flower of precise angles to Isune, the Aesthete.

Primus Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says to Ismbard Brunl, Temporal Engineer, "Perhaps you should merely be happy with the tenure the Society affords you."

You tell Primus Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer, "You realize Ismbard is a Fellow right?"

Isune ponders a rigid flower of precise angles thoughtfully, looking it up and down.

Ismbard Brunl, Temporal Engineer levels a look of disdain at Maellio.

Maellio tells you, "Yes, however he's still somehow tenured. We can't get rid of him."

A wry smile spreads across Malimli Fairquillion, Cloud Keeper's face.

As if a bit puzzled, Isune, the Aesthete says, "Ah! How...precise it is, and...rigid."

Softly, and with a quiet chime and a rainbow of colours, Junior Fellow Elleiya Windwhisper, M.TS says, "It's beautiful."

(Order): You say, "Lord...flowers are not appealing in the same way that crystals are."

Her confusion dimming and a gentle smile replacing it, Isune, the Aesthete says to Zvoltz, "I appreciate this gift greatly, Architect. Thank You for it."

Zvoltz, the Architect asks Isune, "Do You like it?"

Oberst Ushaara La'Saet smiles and says, "Appears it's much like the crystal rose growing in Lord Elostian's temple."

You whisper to Ushaara, "Shhhh, He's trying to make something special for her, don't say it's similar to some other flower."

Amused by the question, Isune, the Aesthete says, "Yes. It reminds Me of You, in fact."

Isune, the Aesthete says, "Unexpected, despite being so sure and structured."

Isune slips into a rigid flower of precise angles.

Isune proudly shows off a rigid flower of precise angles:
The stick-like stem of this flower has grown vertically in a perfectly straight line, formed by perfect design in its single-minded growth. Stunning leaves of emerald green grow out from the stem at
precisely equal distances, each leaf growing at the exact same angle from the stem as every other. The petals of the flower are the purest white, curling inward on themselves to form a soft bell shape
with a small opening at the top. The faintest rosy blush tinges the edge of the petals like a sky just touched by the first light of dawn.

Primus Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says, "Very impressive Lord."

Maestra Nynia Windwhisper, di Mentori says, "It's lovely."

Oberst Ushaara La'Saet smiles and says, "It's beautiful."

Provost Tulemrah Shevat, Tender of Breezes says, "Very much so."

Isune, the Aesthete says to Zvoltz, "I believe I owe You something in return."

Extending a hand, Isune, the Aesthete says, "Will a walk suffice, Architect?"

(Order): You say, "Lord, it is geometrically perfect, However a flower is beautiful not because it is perfect but because it is a piece of beauty in an imperfect world, each one unique and yes mostly
all beautiful."

(Order): Maellio says, "I would imagine this is a very unique flower, would it not be?"

Zvoltz, the Architect reaches out to gently take Isune's hand within His own.

Isune, the Aesthete blushes faintly, as if unaware of Her own emotions.

Zvoltz, the Architect says, "Yes, fair One. Let us."
<>
Oberst Ushaara La'Saet laughingly says to you, "You really do bring it on yourself."

(Order): You say, "Lord, I only wish to help you in wooing her!"

Primus Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says, "The Magistrate has worked it to an artform, I will give him that."

You say, "My duty compels me to assist even when it is above my station to do so."

Oberst Ushaara La'Saet laughingly says, "Well that was quite an interruption."

Ismbard Brunl, Temporal Engineer clears his throat.

Unable to decide if she is pleased by this turn of events, Shalmae Silverplume, the Steel Magnolia says, "How unexpected."

Primus Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says, "Yes, you never finished what you were doing Brunl."

Ismbard Brunl, Temporal Engineer says, "Well, then, a demonstration?"

Ismbard Brunl, Temporal Engineer says, "Does anyone have a flower or a hundred on them??"

(I go to my garden and give 15 flowers to Ismbard)

Ismbard Brunl, Temporal Engineer says, "Using technology developed by Keeper Fairquillion, we can power the device through either gold to pay or the life energy of other flowers."

Ismbard Brunl, Temporal Engineer says, "It was Captain Ironwing who came up with the idea of sacrificing flowers for their contained temporal energy, so credit where credit is due."

Ismbard Brunl, Temporal Engineer snaps his fingers, calling for attention.

Shalmae Silverplume, the Steel Magnolia says, "Yes, well done, Captain. You serve the Collective well in your own way."

Captain Irima Ironwing says, "A combination of the two will also serve."

Ismbard Brunl, Temporal Engineer nods his head at Captain Irima Ironwing.

Captain Irima Ironwing gives Shalmae a thin smile.

Shalmae Silverplume, the Steel Magnolia flashes a charming smile that never touches her eyes.

Oberst Ushaara La'Saet smiles and says, "Similar to killing temporal howlers and dominators for theirs, no doubt."
<>
Ismbard Brunl, Temporal Engineer says, "Someone put those into the garden."

Nynia puts a bunch of yellow freesias into an aesthetically pleasing Hallifaxian garden.
As Nynia gently places a bunch of yellow freesias into an aesthetically pleasing Hallifaxian garden, a bunch of yellow freesias takes root and flourishes within the garden.

Pointing to the control panel near the garden, Ismbard Brunl, Temporal Engineer says, "Then we turn this knob to attain their temporal energies."

Ismbard Brunl, Temporal Engineer says, "Someone turn it for me."

Ismbard Brunl, Temporal Engineer says, "Provost, using the energy from those specimens, how much have we lowered the cost?"

Provost Tulemrah Shevat, Tender of Breezes says, "Oh, it said 8000 was needed."

Ismbard Brunl, Temporal Engineer says, "Yes. Without any sacrifice of energy it will cost 10,000 gold."

Provost Tulemrah Shevat, Tender of Breezes laughingly says to Ushaara, "I already paid."

Ismbard Brunl, Temporal Engineer says, "Now we need a fresh specimen to transform."

You say, "Shove the Oberst into it."

Shalmae Silverplume, the Steel Magnolia lifts a dainty hand to her neckline, glancing about with uncertain disdain.

Primus Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says, "I'm not sure the Oberst counts as plant matter."

Ismbard Brunl, Temporal Engineer says, "Now that we have our specimen, someone will need to pull this lever on the control panel to initiation the control sequence."

Flatly, Shalmae Silverplume, the Steel Magnolia says, "Quite."

Oberst Ushaara La'Saet laughingly says to you, "While I may be attractive to certain people within the city, I don't think I'm attractive enough to be considered a flower."

As Tulemrah a pull a lever, a pulsating temporal field flares up around an aesthetically pleasing Hallifaxian garden, causing the flower to grow and shift.

Tulemrah takes a lustrous gemwort flower from an aesthetically pleasing Hallifaxian garden.

Tulemrah proudly shows off a lustrous gemwort flower:
This flower bears no semblance to any natural artifice, the bloom void of any scent or earthly sensation. Dozens of ivory pedicels branch from its main translucent stem, each supporting an ovular
cluster of pearlescent petals. The bouquet shimmers with every hue of the spectrum in staggered sprays of light.

Coldly, Captain Irima Ironwing says, "The calibrations have been done to work on flowers only. Any unauthorized experimentation is strictly prohibited."

Idly, Shalmae Silverplume, the Steel Magnolia says, "Naturally, should one wish a precise form of flower, it is unreasonable to believe that a rose could transform into an iris, or a tulip into a
carnation. However, there are variations that do not rely on any specific predetermined structure."

Maestra Nynia Windwhisper, di Mentori says, "So, there is no way to know which flower will be produced?"

Primus Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says to Ismbard Brunl, Temporal Engineer, "I don't suppose you know where the forms are for -authorized- experimentation are?"

Ismbard Brunl, Temporal Engineer says, "I have not designated the garden available for experimentation. The scientific foundations have been perpetuated. It's purpose turns now to Beauty."

Ismbard Brunl, Temporal Engineer says, "Do you have any questions about the garden before I head back to the lab?"

You say, "How many flowers does the 10000 gold crate?"

You say, "Just the one?"

Provost Tulemrah Shevat, Tender of Breezes says, "Seems so."

Oberst Ushaara La'Saet asks, "And does only one transform at a time?"

Oberst Ushaara La'Saet says, "Or could we have placed more in?"

Ismbard Brunl, Temporal Engineer says, "Yes, only one flower can be temperoharmonically modified at a time."

Nonchalantly, Shalmae Silverplume, the Steel Magnolia says, "You cannot quantify beauty, Warlord Gordian."

Captain Irima Ironwing says, "That is correct, Provost."

Ismbard Brunl, Temporal Engineer says, "Yes. Up to one hundred can be sacrificed for energy, which will remove the cost of gold entirely, but one one can be transformed."

Oberst Ushaara La'Saet smiles and says, "Well I know where my gold will be going for the next while."

Shalmae Silverplume, the Steel Magnolia says, "I hope the varieties manage to tantalize and inspire the Hallifaxian citizenry to great effect. Thank you for your participation in today's unveiling."

Provost Tulemrah Shevat, Tender of Breezes says, "I'll need to get ahold of a few tulips."

Junior Fellow Elleiya Windwhisper, M.TS says, "Thank you very much for your work. This is truly wondrous."

Junior Fellow Elleiya Windwhisper, M.TS says, "I wonder if they survive for any length of time in a stockroom."

bird of paradise flower
Curiously avian in design, this regal flower boasts striking yellow hue, bright as morning sunlight. Its horizontal petals fan out like a crown, peaking from a hard, beak-like sheathe of evergreen.
Slanting like upturned wings, the boldest of the flower's blossoms crest their evergreen stalk with vibrant golden colour, while several violet petals grace its base with the solemn shade of eventide.
Thick green leaves alight upon the proud stem, swaying gently.
It has 10 months of usefulness left.
It weighs 1 ounce(s).
It does not retain any heat whatsoever.

lustrous gemwort flower
This flower bears no semblance to any natural artifice, the bloom void of any scent or earthly sensation. Dozens of ivory pedicels branch from its main translucent stem, each supporting an ovular
cluster of pearlescent petals. The bouquet shimmers with every hue of the spectrum in staggered sprays of light.
It is about to decay.
It weighs 2 ounce(s).
It does not retain any heat whatsoever.

Morshoth proudly shows off a flower of silver arches:
This strange flower is composed entirely of silver, though it is as alive as any flower grown from the soils of the First World. Flexible and smooth, the sleek metal stem bears but a single silver
leaf which grows furled around the stem. Delicate arches of paper-thin silver serve as petals, resting flush against one another to form a shallow bowl in which a single spark of coruscating white
energy pulses.

Morshoth proudly shows off a cluster of cloud-wreathed flowers:
Tiny pale blue flowers compose the head of this flower, each scarcely clinging to the central stem by a slender thread. Only a slight breeze is necessary to set the flowers to dancing, forming whisps
of cloud that surround the blossom, giving off a faint sweet scent. The stem itself is translucent and beaded with drops of dew.

Morshoth proudly shows off an opaque ebon rose:
Thinly-cut onyx petals fold upon one another in a tight embrace to form this shy ebon rose. Its bud firmly shut, the rose curls upon a fluted golden stem that glistens with radiance denied by the
petals' impenetrable black gemstone. The contrast enhances the stark loveliness of the flower, harmonizing the opulent with the simplistic in a remarkably aesthetic display. Several golden leaflets
adorn its sparkling stem.

This garden was constructed on the 13th of Tzarin, 322 CoE through the
harmony of all the guilds of the Collective working toward the goals of
Science and Beauty.

PUT FLOWER IN GARDEN - to plant flowers within the garden
TURN GARDEN - to absorb the life essence of the flowers, powering the
garden for temporal transformation
PUT GOLD IN GARDEN - to pay for the power necessary to transform a
specimen
PULL GARDEN - to transform a single flower using either gold or the life
essence of previous flowers
Ushaara2012-04-13 06:26:06
My poor gold! :(

Edit: 30 gold left to my name! More addictive than curios! :D
Morbo2012-04-13 06:38:25
there are -tons- of new flowers, this isn't even close to all of them so if you aren't enemied try your hand at making some!
Unknown2012-04-13 07:01:09
Give the Collective your gold, we will solve the economy with fancy dancy flowers. You know you want them.
Unknown2012-04-13 10:05:15
Morbo:

Shalmae Silverplume, the Steel Magnolia lifts a dainty hand to her neckline, glancing about with uncertain disdain.

!
Unknown2012-04-13 10:49:48
SO AWESOME!
Unknown2012-04-13 16:41:23

!

?
Unknown2012-04-13 16:47:48
Read this in class on my phone. So worth it. I got a message last night telling me the garden was in place, but it's even better than I could have expected! I can't wait til I'm home so I can play with it!!
Morbo2012-04-13 19:07:16
Well thanks for voting for it! I know I had to ask you guys to vote for a rather expensive project with a lot less knowledge than normal, but I really think it turned out to be worthwhile
Ileein2012-04-13 19:23:01
It's very nice! I am a bit sad if this means we can't have a library expansion now, though.
Ushaara2012-04-13 19:32:46
I didn't think it was an either/or... Anyhoo, more arty stuff in the city is nice to have.
Unknown2012-04-13 21:13:49
Ushaara:

I didn't think it was an either/or...

It wasn't! We get all the fancy things. I approve of fancy things.
Eventru2012-04-14 20:25:50
Morbo:

Well thanks for voting for it! I know I had to ask you guys to vote for a rather expensive project with a lot less knowledge than normal, but I really think it turned out to be worthwhile

That's how Celest's projects tend to be - I think you generally get more 'bang' for your buck when you let your patrons run with your ideas, personally. We're a lot less restricted by what we can/can't add, and enjoy the freedom of knowing options, limitations, what have you.

It sounds really neat!
Unknown2012-04-14 20:32:21
Maybe, but there's a certain sense of satisfaction that comes with taking a more active role in the projects your org is pursuing on the flip side as well!
Xenthos2012-04-14 23:39:12
Eventru:

That's how Celest's projects tend to be - I think you generally get more 'bang' for your buck when you let your patrons run with your ideas, personally. We're a lot less restricted by what we can/can't add, and enjoy the freedom of knowing options, limitations, what have you.

It sounds really neat!

Depends on the Patron (mostly their available time and such); there's been something in the works for Glomdoring for a pretty long time now. I'm still hopeful though, it should be pretty neat when it's able to get finished!

(It's also a pretty darned big project.)