GoT Season 2

by Revan

Back to The Real World.

Revan2012-04-02 02:33:23
Disclaimer: Read this thread only if you've been watching Game of Thrones and are up to date :P Or if you've read the books and don't give a crap!

Sooo season 2 started! What an episode!! It was a bit slow at first, but I think it highlighted some awesome stuff that's about to come! What did everyone think? :D Also: ending the episode with unadulterated baby killing... wow
Shulamit2012-04-02 04:34:50
There is a group of people watching it over in the other room. I have music on so I don't hear it. Unadultered baby killing makes it look like I took a good choice tonight. Otherwise, I'm glad it was a good episode.
Lilian2012-04-02 06:07:20
The episode was quite good. Amazing CGI for a television show! There was both dragons and direwolves in this show, and the baby killing...well, they made that Joffrey's idea instead of Cersei's and I have no idea why. Why make Cersei out to be less evil then she is?

Otherwise very enjoyable and impressive!

EDIT: Remember to watch the OtakuAssemble youtube reviews of the episodes. Last year they were quite...entertaining, especially the Baelor episode, and I'm expecting it'll be the same this year.
Unknown2012-04-02 06:28:32
I saw the first season, almost the entirety in one day, then read the first four books. I'm definitely less excited about season 2 now that I've read what I have and had time to compare differences between each medium.
Revan2012-04-02 07:47:11
Not too sure that it was Joff's order. it's implied.. but it can be said also that it was Cersei's idea still, since Joff sort of embarrassed/threatened her in the throne room and she had to take action to not look weak.
Daereth2012-04-02 08:16:40
This episode was so slow.. I wanted to skip ahead the entire time. My personal interest mostly being just Daenerys, which this episode wasn't exactly full of. But I'm really looking forward to this season, even with book and show comparison it's fun to see it come to life.

Wish I was there in the writers room when someone asked, "Hey, so.. How should we end the episode?", "Yeah? Well.. I dunno, let's just kill a baby?", "Brilliant!".
Diamondais2012-04-02 15:59:20
I felt it was a very long episode as well, even though I was looking at it and seeing it was the same length as any other, liked it though.
Revan2012-04-02 23:22:59
Hey, the longer the better, I say!
Diamondais2012-04-02 23:44:40
I think you missed what I said, the length wasn't any different, it felt longer which isn't always a good thing. In this case, it wasn't a terrible thing, but I did feel like it was drawing on and on.
Arsalil2012-04-03 03:18:49
I loved it! I agree that it's sort of up in the air whether it was Joffrey's or Cersei's idea to kill all the bastards. It really could go either way with the info given to us.

Naryisa:

I saw the first season, almost the entirety in one day, then read the first four books. I'm definitely less excited about season 2 now that I've read what I have and had time to compare differences between each medium.

I heard that they're bringing in some of the storyline from book 3 into season 2, to make it more interesting, plus possibly splitting book 3 into two seasons. I'm excited to see what happens!
Ytran2012-04-03 03:21:49
I rather hope they split A Storm of Swords into two seasons, since there's no way in hell one season is going to be enough to cover the full book without a lot of omissions (or a much longer season).
Revan2012-04-03 04:29:14
they would have to.. it's a HUGE book. I'm actualy pretty excited for when they do book 3. So much death
Calixa2012-04-03 13:33:36
Ah, GoT, the one series that can send me running from the room and finding a toilet bowl to throw up in. It's kinda odd, a lot of people are talking about the baby-killing, but what sent me sprinting off this time was the wine barrel scene. *shudder*
Revan2012-04-03 18:09:22
Well look at that... Episode 2 is out on HBO Go lol. Lots of Arya!
Calixa2012-04-03 22:10:16
Beat me to it, hah. Nice.
Lilian2012-04-04 00:40:56
Bronn being Commander is definitely something I can get behind. And I do love the dynamic between Arya and Gendry! Again, annoyed that Joffrey is being credited with baby killing over Cersei.

And how adorable is CGI Ghost? And how nice is it that he doesn't make a sound? Unlike the first season.
Revan2012-04-04 00:53:08
Yea, that was meh... but I totally enjoyed Yoren putting the knife to the City Watch Guard's crotch. Total win