Morbo getting Avatar

by Morbo

Back to Event Scrolls.

Morbo2012-03-18 06:46:01
Not quite as interesting as Ushaara's, but obviously that's just because I have no flaws for Lord Zvoltz to exploit

A crackle of energy surges across your consciousness as you feel the Architect beckon to you.
<>

Energy surges across the dome above as a distorted voice crackles, "Greetings, Morbo."

Energy surges across the dome above as a distorted voice crackles, "It is time to see the fruits of your labours, Morbo. Close your mind to the mortal world."

A sudden thrumming fills the air as a vibrating Divine portal opens up directly before you, wavering madly before settling in the air, strange colours and pathways flowing beyond.

You say, "Shall I presume I am to enter it, Lord?"

Energy surges across the dome above as a distorted voice crackles, "Yes, Morbo, else I would not send it"

As you step into a vibrating Divine portal you are momentarily deafened by the thrumming of the portal, distracting you from the fact that you have just stepped out into nothingness, though this uneasy realisation has barely struck you before your legs are compelled to take another step, and you emerge through an identical portal.

Within a complex of jagged silver beams.
Filling the air with a low-pitched thrum, a vibrating Divine portal floats here. Zvoltz, the Architect crackles with confined energy, His form flickering and fading along the edges.
You see a single exit leading through a vibrating Divine portal.

You kneel and raise your hands and then sink low to the ground before Zvoltz, dealing obeisance.

A vibrating Divine portal begins to fluctuate, thrumming loudly for a moment before it is suddenly still, and then simply vanishes from existence.

Zvoltz, the Architect says, "You have served Me well, dear Morbo."

You say, "Thank you, Lord. It pleases me to hear so."

Energy racing across His form, Zvoltz, the Architect says, "What have you learned while serving Me, Morbo?"

You say, "I have learned that even though I serve You, I must equally commit myself as a justicar to Lady Isune, and the Collective, and the guilds of Hallifax. It is not enough to only serve the order, but I must serve all organizations that the order serves. I have also learned that through your tenets I am able to bring peace to my mind and work towards building Your Design."

You say, "I have also learned, and this is most important at all, that the term "slightly-used" or "refurbished" are unacceptable to use in relation to the Divine."
<>
Zvoltz, the Architect says, "You have a shrewd mind, dear Morbo."

You say, "Thank you, Lord."

Zvoltz, the Architect says, "You have been My sword and shield in the mortal realm and have endured much in your service to Me."

You say, "I would endure the same over again and much more in your service, Lord."

Zvoltz, the Architect makes a harsh gesture with his hand as burning tongues of silver leap into being.

Zvoltz, the Architect says, "Indeed, and you shall Morbo, for you shall be Mine unto your last breath."

Leaning forward, Zvoltz, the Architect says, "You will bear the pain of blades and magic and the unspeaking horrors of My enemies."

Zvoltz, the Architect says, "Even as your blood seeps from your body, you will be rewarded in your service to Me, My Morbo."

You say, "I believe, Lord, your enemies will bear my magics and blades more than I shall bear theirs. Regardless, I do both willingly eternally."

Zvoltz, the Architect says, "Should My enemies destroy your sight, you will be rewarded by the vision of My Design. Should they tear your legs from your body, you will be borne aloft by My glory. Even as they take your dying breath, your courage shall be bolstered by Me."
<>
His voice cold, Zvoltz, the Architect asks, "Do you accept this, Morbo?"

You say, "Yes, Lord. Thought I would not wish to be a drain upon your essence, if needed I would fight blind without vision of Your Design if such vision would draw upon you overly much."

You kneel and raise your hands and then sink low to the ground before Zvoltz, dealing obeisance.

As the Architect reaches out to place a strong hand against your forehead, your vision is overwhelmed with the image of an endless Design of infinity complexity stretching off in all directions.

As your frail mortal mind begins to collapse beneath the immensity of the Design, a surge of gentle, benevolent power infuses you as you feel your power blossom to that of an Avatar of the Architect.

Zvoltz has imbued you with great powers, use them wisely.

The firmament shimmers into the image of a grand Design of incomprehensible complexity that stretches out into infinity. As the sheer weight of the vision presses down on your mind, the visage of the demigod Morbo briefly appears in the sky before the image fades.

You say, "I shall use these powers as you have shown me in Your Design, Lord."

(The Labourers): Ushaara says, "Congratulations, High Exemplar!"

Zvoltz smiles softly at you.

(The Labourers): Tulemrah says, "Congratulations, indeed!"

Zvoltz, the Architect says, "You have served Me well. I know you will continue to do so until the end of time."

You say, "I shall, Lord."

Zvoltz, the Architect says, "You may open your mind to the mortal world once again, dear Morbo. I shall return you to it so that you may continue your duties."

The warm touch of a Divine hand caresses your cheek, and a soft, gentle voice breezes past your ears, "Well done, Avatar of the Architect. Serve well."

You say, "Thank you, Lord, for placing your trust in the Collective and in me, Lord."

Isune, the Aesthete has bestowed Her divine truefavour upon you. It will last for 2 months.

With a majestic wave of His arm, Zvoltz opens up a rift in the aetherways, fluctuating oddly before it settles down into a vibrating Divine portal.

(Hallifax): You say, "As you are aware, I've been made an avatar of Lord Zvoltz. However, I would remind the Collective that this is less a personal reward and more the trust of the Divine to use His powers to serve the Collective. When you gain ranks in the city, the trust of the city is being given to you that you will act on behalf of the Collective. You will use those abilities in the Collective's best interest, and most of all that you will continue to serve as befitting your new position."

(Hallifax): You say, "A rank, title, or position is not a goal to raise your personal ego, it is a goal to add many more tools to your collection so you can better serve the Collective."

Zvoltz, the Architect has bestowed His divine truefavour upon you. It will last for 5 months.
Ushaara2012-03-18 06:50:55
Robot legs! :D
Qojin2012-03-18 08:51:31
Congratulations!

Eritheyl2012-03-18 20:11:38
As an Avatar of our Patron, I think it's time for you to get a description :b
Lendren2012-03-18 23:41:40
eritheyl:

It would be kind of appropriate, all things considered, for his description to be
Unknown2012-03-20 08:52:33
eritheyl:

First off, isn't that some kind of basic to get out of novicehood and pass your tests? :/
Morbo2012-03-20 09:37:38
Prav, Morbo's Mentor was against descriptions because your actions should dictate what people think about you. My character Morbo has decided to live on with the teachings of his mentor even now. Plus, I'm a changeling now. who wants to write 12 different descriptions
Unknown2012-03-20 10:29:00
Morbo:

Prav, Morbo's Mentor was against descriptions because your actions should dictate what people think about you. My character Morbo has decided to live on with the teachings of his mentor even now. Plus, I'm a changeling now. who wants to write 12 different descriptions

20 actually, but who's counting >_> .

Though that doesn't explain the ~
Lilia2012-03-20 18:35:51
I wrote a pretty neat catchall description for him, but he changed it back immediately. :(
Unknown2012-03-20 20:13:39
Admittedly, if he changes it I can no longer call him Professor Squiggle
Asmodea2012-03-24 10:12:10
Morbo:

Hah, I shamelessly did when I first became a changeling, but now that I am a demigoddess I have a generic one!
Lendren2012-03-24 13:13:40
I have 28. :unsure:
Lorina2012-03-25 00:32:13
One for each race! And sometimes special occasion...