Glomdoring, poision apple, etc.

by Dramshanks

Back to The Real World.

Dramshanks2012-03-19 19:38:55
So the choice of Kristen Stewart is...unfortunate in my humble opinion, but something about this trailer makes me think of the Glomdoring. The scene where her cloak turns into ravens (or a murder of crows perhaps :) ) seems Wyrden indeed.

http://www.buzzfeed....untsman-trailer

EDIT: Poison, rather.
Enyalida2012-03-19 19:41:13
Wot? How is this 'Life in Lusternia'?
Qojin2012-03-19 19:44:05
Improper forum aside: totally! There is a part that has a Serenwilde feel to it as well.
Dramshanks2012-03-19 21:12:46
Qojin:

Improper forum aside: totally! There is a part that has a Serenwilde feel to it as well.

Sorry, my bad. Also, yes. The scene where she sees the "good" forest buried in the dark one is kind of like melding imagery from both sides.
Qojin2012-03-19 21:22:16
Dramshanks:

Sorry, my bad. Also, yes. The scene where she sees the "good" forest buried in the dark one is kind of like melding imagery from both sides.

Perhaps she stumbles across the elusive Ackleberry Forest. So that's where it went!
Talan2012-03-19 23:00:03
Hee. I love your avatar Dramshanks. Agree, much like with the Runaways I look at this and just wonder how she got cast in this movie. I'm no more enthusiastic about that guy who was Thor. I'm also looking forward to it, but only for Charlize Theron and the special effects. Glomgasms were definitely had over earlier trailers. :D
Dramshanks2012-03-20 21:49:37
Talan:

Hee. I love your avatar Dramshanks. Agree, much like with the Runaways I look at this and just wonder how she got cast in this movie. I'm no more enthusiastic about that guy who was Thor. I'm also looking forward to it, but only for Charlize Theron and the special effects. Glomgasms were definitely had over earlier trailers. :D

I just cannot understand in what world is she "fairer" than Theron? Seriously? Who is going to look at the two and pick stewart as the fairest in the land? I mean, hell, even in a few decades I can't see it. I'm sure this will be a horrific dissapointment even with my love of the whole dark fairy-tale aesthetic but I definitely want to see it, for the same reasons you mentioned. It definitely seems like a "go-to-the-movies-to-watch" kinda film. There was so much in that trailer that was Glom-ish, from that thorn beast animal to the crows to the dark woods. Excited.

And thanks for the avatar comment. Ahh, how I love Hocus Pocus. Bette Midler and Najimy, bad halloween night movie, plus Sarah Jessica Parker before she joined the cast of Sex and the City as Skeletor.
Diamondais2012-03-20 22:15:21
The Evil Queen totally deserves to come out triumphant in that film, just because of how awesome the role looks and is being done.
Turnus2012-03-20 22:20:32
There's a version of snow white with Sigourney Weaver as the evil queen. Its totally twisted and awesome.
Iorwen2012-03-20 23:10:21
Turnus:

There's a version of snow white with Sigourney Weaver as the evil queen. Its totally twisted and awesome.

I saw that version on HBO not that long ago, I think it was called 'Snow White: A Tale of Terror'.
Diamondais2012-03-20 23:31:05
That was a good one too.
Qojin2012-03-21 01:15:17
Of course it was. Sigourney Weaver is a flawless human being.
Talan2012-03-21 17:53:35
Dramshanks:

I just cannot understand in what world is she "fairer" than Theron?

Relevant.