Defection from the Builders

by Eritheyl

Back to Event Scrolls.

Eritheyl2012-02-29 06:17:05
You reach out and touch a phylactery of prismatic crystal.
Sparks jump from a phylactery of prismatic crystal, sending a surge of energy coursing up your arm.

(Order): Zvoltz says, "Yes, Eritheyl?"

(Order): You say, "If at all possible, Lord, I was hoping to speak with You in a more private setting."

(Order): You say, "If You should find it acceptable, naturally."

You are transported by the power of the Divine.

Atop a spire of infinite height.
Zvoltz, the Architect crackles with confined energy, His form flickering and fading along the edges.
There are no obvious exits.

You chew on your lip thoughtfully.

Hesitantly, you say, "H-Hello, Lord."

Zvoltz, the Architect says, "Greetings, Eritheyl."

You say, "I, ahhh..."

Zvoltz, the Architect says, "You are rethinking your commitment to Me."

You say, "...yes, my Lord..."

You hang your head sadly.

Zvoltz, the Architect says, "Why so sad, Eritheyl? This is but part of My Design."

You blink.

You say, "You...are not angered? Or reaching for Your lightning?"

You wince in pain.

Zvoltz, the Architect says, "Do you think I did not expect this when I brought Isune to the Ball?"

You look skeptical and say, "But...so soon. I feel terrible over all of it, Lord."

Zvoltz, the Architect says, "Well, I suppose I will destroy you as punishment, so that you can get over the issue and get to serving Isune, as that is what I had planned for you anyway."

You say, "But before You do!"

You glance askance.

You say, "...if I may. I did scribe a very proper letter, in anticipation of my being unable to express myself to You personally."

Zvoltz, the Architect says, "Well, do hand it over then."

You give a highly ornate official looking letter to Zvoltz, the Architect.

(a few minutes pass)

Zvoltz, the Architect says, "Take off your phylactery as well, Eritheyl."

You say, "Of course..."

You remove a phylactery of prismatic crystal.
As you remove a phylactery of prismatic crystal, a surge of burning energy bursts from your body as waves of pain course through you. A shattering sense of loss fills you as you see yourself torn from a magnificent Design that spans far beyond your limited understand. The vision fades as the maelstrom of energy is sucked into a phylactery of prismatic crystal, though the feeling of loss remains.

You let loose a long breath from your lungs, exhaling slowly.

Through your bond to a phylactery of prismatic crystal, you feel it crumble away to dust.

Zvoltz, the Architect says, "Thank you for your service, Eritheyl. You were a proper builder and I hope you will work hard on Isune's behalf."

You say, "And thank You, my Lord."

You look skeptical and say, "Again, I wish You only the best. And I apologize...again. And again."

Zvoltz's eyes sparkle with amusement.

Zvoltz, the Architect says, "Farewell, Eritheyl."

Before the Matrix
You are transported by the power of the Divine.

A lattice of energy crackles across the firmament in coruscating arcs of icy white brilliance.
As you begin to glow with a resplendent light, an electric thrill runs down your spine before blinding pain seizes your consciousness. As you open your mouth to scream, fulminating arcs of icy white brilliance explode from your body to engulf you in wracking agony before you feel your very structure collapse beneath the onslaught.
You have been slain by Zvoltz.

You say, "Aha, there I go."

Castellan Lawliet Letara says, "What happened?"

Your life essence slowly drains away as you move closer and closer to oblivion.

You say, "...a long story."

You shuffle off the last remaining ties to your mortal coil and set yourself free to begin your journey...
Eritheyl2012-02-29 09:01:49
He's so sweet and understanding, even when he's blowing me to pieces!

Zvoltz :wub:
Azureus2012-02-29 19:10:21
You'll always be a First Builder, no matter where you go, Eri. :)
Eritheyl2012-02-29 20:59:45
He spoke too highly of me there, I was probably one of the laziest out of the bunch >_>
Raeri2012-03-01 04:30:14
Nice log. Understanding and zappiness all in one :)

I do note that you would have been able to conglute at the end there though.
Kagato2012-03-01 11:35:36
can't conglute on prime raeri ;) He was returned to the Matrix.
Saran2012-03-01 11:48:53
Kagato:

can't conglute on prime raeri ;) He was returned to the Matrix.

you don't get auto conglut in prime org turf? (hasn't not had conglut for what... six rl years?)
Kagato2012-03-01 12:00:29
Saran:

you don't get auto conglut in prime org turf? (hasn't not had conglut for what... six rl years?)

Not that I know of. I could be mistaken, in which case someone is bound to correct me, but as far as I am aware, you can only conglute on non-prime planes (and in aetherspace/bubbles)

EDIT: from the lusternia wiki

Conglutination

The skill of conglutination allows a mortal who has died on non-prime plane to reform at the nexus to which he is tied.

Additional Notes:This doesn't work for demigods or ascendants.
Saran2012-03-01 12:11:18
Kagato:

Not that I know of. I could be mistaken, in which case someone is bound to correct me, but as far as I am aware, you can only conglute on non-prime planes (and in aetherspace/bubbles)

EDIT: from the lusternia wiki

For some reason I have the assumption that revolts and prime turf also had free conglut (not tied into the actual ability just an effect of the org)
Unknown2012-03-01 12:48:56
You do get free conglute in your prime home territory, nexus world, and in village revolts. (But I'm not sure how it works for demi-gods.)

Zvoltz seems interesting~
Lendren2012-03-01 14:02:12
Org conglutination doesn't require the skill, so that's probably why the skill doesn't mention it.
Eritheyl2012-03-02 00:07:16
I was a bit confused as to why I didn't conglut as well, since I was killed at the Prime Matrix. As far as I know, if I was able to conglut and tried to pray, I would have gotten a message along the lines of 'You cannot pray for salvation while your body is in the process of conglutinating'.

BUT...I do enjoy a good mystery, so it's all okay ;)

Edit: Duh, he destroyed my entire being.
Arix2012-03-02 08:10:03
god zaps are praying deaths
Xenthos2012-03-03 15:57:48
Yep. If zapped, you lose vitae / lich / egg, you don't conglut... and your body is also destroyed.

Time to shuffle off those mortal coils.