Lady Isune joins Hallifax (and learns about paperwork)

by Morbo

Back to Event Scrolls.

Morbo2012-02-26 02:15:47
Gazing skyward at the crystal spires, Isune, the Aesthete says, "What place can an artist fill, in this crystal paradise?"

Archmage Phoebus Windwhisper, Shaper of Systems says, "Artists are of the most respected sort in our city."

Sublime Opus, Morshoth Windwhisper, Soul of the Nation says to Isune, "Artists hold one of the highest of honours in the city, along with Scientists."

You say, "Well, our artists are considered members of the Highest Caste as soon as they've proven their skill."

Isune, the Aesthete says, "How odd. Zvoltz was never one for artwork."

Sublime Opus, Morshoth Windwhisper, Soul of the Nation says to Isune, "Architecture and organization like His are an art all their own!"

You say, "Lord Zvoltz patrons Bureaucrats and Combatants, which would both be of the middle caste."

Isune, the Aesthete says to you, "Are you not the Magistrate of this city?"

You say, "Indeed, I am."

Isune, the Aesthete says, "I believe I am at your mercy, then. I have this day rescinded My patronage of New Celest."
Fraesic Sunfar, Keeper of the Matrix says, "Once the seat of power within the Basin of Life, the sole survivor of Hallifax, Archmage Cririk Adom, was forced to sever our city from the Empire's control.
A society built on faith and magic, their aquatic tendencies and their nigh absolute devotion to the half-formed entities known as the Supernals leads them down a strange path, one that at times
intersects our own of intellectual enlightenment."

<>
Isune, the Aesthete says, "My, what a talkative one he is."

You say, "I see, and you wish to join the Collective then?"

Isune, the Aesthete smiles impishly and says, "If the Collective will have Me. Or do I perhaps need to argue My case?"

Archmage Phoebus Windwhisper, Shaper of Systems says, "I think we would be delighted to have You. Magistrate?"

Sky's Aria Eritheyl Windwhisper, Grand Libretto of the Opera says, "Ahhha, don't be silly! I'm sure we would all be happy to have You."

Archmage Phoebus Windwhisper, Shaper of Systems says, "What are your thoughts?"

Sky's Aria Eritheyl Windwhisper, Grand Libretto of the Opera says, "...right?"

Eritheyl glances askance at you.

Isune, the Aesthete says, "The Magistrate has yet to speak."

Skrill ponders the situation.

Sublime Opus, Morshoth Windwhisper, Soul of the Nation says, "I fully support the Lady Aesthete joining, as us artists could really use someone to look up to!"

Maellio tilts his head curiously at you.

Archmage Phoebus Windwhisper, Shaper of Systems says, "Such is why I ask him!"

Archmage Phoebus Windwhisper, Shaper of Systems says, "Baked goods are always in plentiful supply here."
<>
You say, "As all things in the Collective, we have a process that would involve an interview, asking if there were any objections, and then the signing of the citizen contract, Would you object
largely to following this path?"

Isune, the Aesthete laughingly says to you, "You are the first mortal to ever ask Me to do paperwork, Magistrate."

You say, "I am afraid that it is likely to lead to my death, Lady."

Sublime Opus, Morshoth Windwhisper, Soul of the Nation whispers to Isune, "Don't worry, he makes us all!"
You say, "Though, it is also my Duty."

Isune, the Aesthete says, "Admirable."

Isune, the Aesthete says to you, "Perhaps I shall then speak to you and the Board in private? To be...." She pauses, terribly amused. "...interviewed."

You say, "It wouldn't be prudent to interview on of her stature in a place as public as this though. Could you meet us in the Executive Boardroom please?"

Isune, the Aesthete says, "I suppose so."

You say, "Thank you, Lady Isune."
<>
You say, "Greetings, Lady. I personally would like to apologize, I hope I do not seem rude in this."

You say, "I will try to keep it quick, in deference to your position."

Isune, the Aesthete smiles impishly and says, "You are entertaining, an observation which perhaps makes Me rude."

Primus Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says, "Ah, the eternal fight to close the door..."

You say, "Why have you left your previous home of New Celest?"

Isune, the Aesthete says to you, "How much do you know of me, Magistrate? You are young in years, having lived only in decades that I have spent in slumber."
<>
You say, "I admit very little, Lady."

Sublime Opus, Morshoth Windwhisper, Soul of the Nation says to you, "Only us old folks have been around to meet Her."

Primus Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says, "Old folks... yes."

Isune, the Aesthete says, "Perhaps you know at least of Trillillial."

You nod your head emphatically.

Proudly, Archmage Phoebus Windwhisper, Shaper of Systems says, "Of course!"

Phoebus lazily draws her wings to and fro through the air, fanning them slowly.

Sublime Opus, Morshoth Windwhisper, Soul of the Nation says to Isune, "Your Sister."
<>
You say, "Of course, I also understand that you helped her to paint the sky?"

Isune, the Aesthete says, "The Fourth Circle is known for its various artistic achievements. Ours was, together, the painting of the sky. It was an endless joy to Us."

As if swept in reverie, Isune, the Aesthete says, "Trillillial loved the Lord Xyl, who again, is no stranger to you I am sure. And together, they sought to create something beautiful together."

Isune, the Aesthete says, "Do you know what that is, Magistrate?"

Isune, the Aesthete says, "Do you know what that is, Magistrate?"
<>
You say, "I do not, Lady Isune."

Sublime Opus, Morshoth Windwhisper, Soul of the Nation pats the ground.

Primus Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says, "A City of Spires."

With great affection, Isune, the Aesthete says, "Then look around you, and see it."

Isune, the Aesthete says, "The Elder Wars robbed the Divine of many things, Magistrate. This dream was robbed from My sister, though it appears Her shards did what She could not."

You say, "I hope very much that we have taken care of it up to their great standards of Beauty then."

Isune, the Aesthete says, "Hope no more, for you have done so."

Isune, the Aesthete says, "I served New Celest for hundreds of years. First alongside Lord Lacostian, then beside the Lord Elostian."

Morshoth's mouth turns up as his face breaks into a smile.

Isune, the Aesthete says, "I have no grudge against the city. It remains in a special place in My heart, but it is not the place where Hallifax resides. Hallifax resides in My heart where My affection
for Trillillial does, and I cannot tear Myself away."

Isune, the Aesthete says, "I am afraid I must confess that should you deny Me entrance, I shall plague you regardless. I shall fly around your spires and I shall encourage your artists."

You say, "An excellent sign of your dedication to the Collective regardless of the political attitudes of the time, Lady."

You say, "I have two further concerns, if you may indulge me without thinking me rude."

Languidly, Isune, the Aesthete says, "What is politics, Magistrate, but an idle sport for mortals designed to bore Divine?"

Sublime Opus, Morshoth Windwhisper, Soul of the Nation says to Isune, "Ah, politics... I assure you it bores more than the Divine."

Archmage Phoebus Windwhisper, Shaper of Systems says, "Oh, I don't know...politics can be fun!"

Sublime Opus, Morshoth Windwhisper, Soul of the Nation says, "Not my personal cup of tea, but to each his own!"

Archmage Phoebus Windwhisper, Shaper of Systems says, "It can also be a horrible, screeching headache. But sometimes...fun!"

You say, "The first is that I understand your alliance with Celest was founded partially due to your hatred of the Soulless, and all that has touched them, an understandable hatred considering your
long life. However, we are currently allied with the taint of Magnagora. Would this alliance offend you if you were to become a citizen?"

Archmage Phoebus Windwhisper, Shaper of Systems says, "I think your wording could use some refining, Magistrate. We are allied not with the taint itself, but with the citizens of the tainted city."

Isune, the Aesthete says, "If you are asking Me if I care about the affairs of mortals in this regard, that is different. As I have said, politics are mortal affairs. They mean little to Me."

You nod your head emphatically.

You say, "That is more what I meant, thank you for being complete in your answer and excusing my ability to phrase things as I think them."

You say, "The second, and last concern would be the place our divinities have in Hallifax is quite different than the place they have in Celest. You will, of course be revered for you are the
inspiration and creator of beautiful works, but at the end of the day, and Lord Elostian is a shining example of this, We are all a servant to the Collective. Does this change in position negatively
effect your wish to join the Collective?"

Isune, the Aesthete laughingly says, "You do indeed know little of Me, Magistrate."

A wry smile spreads across Phoebus's face.

Isune, the Aesthete says, "Elostian is not the first Divine to have sacrificed His essence for something greater."

Morshoth nods his head emphatically.

You say, "If age is still an excuse, I'd like to point out that I am in reality twenty years younger than my age would suggest. I feel woefully ill prepared for this regardless of age however."

Isune, the Aesthete says to you, "These was a time when a Seal corrupted the Lady Viravain, Magistrate. She wreaked havoc on the Basin while possessed by Kethuru, and by using Her as his vessel, he
sought to end the Basin as you and I know it."

Isune, the Aesthete says, "The combined efforts of the Divine and the Lady Estarra were not enough to end this. So I sacrificed My own essence to do so."

Isune, the Aesthete says, "I do not say this to be a hero, Magistrate. It is what anyone would have done to save something they care for."

Her voice faltering, Isune, the Aesthete says, "As Lord Elostian did, for Hallifax."

You say, "Of course, Lady Isune. I apologize for bringing up such a painful subject."

You say, "You are indeed more than I dared hope for the Collective."

Softly, Isune, the Aesthete says, "You are interviewing Me, are you not? I gave you permission to question."

(Hallifax): You say, "Are there any objections to Lady Isune's joining the Collective?"

(Hallifax): Phoebus says, "None!"

(Hallifax): Kiradawea says, "No."

(Hallifax): Eritheyl says, "No!"

(Hallifax): Maellio says, "None."

(Hallifax): Morshoth says, "None at all!"

(Hallifax): Zyphora says, "None."

(Hallifax): Drae says, "None from me."

(Hallifax): Aithera says, "None."

You give a personal journal to Isune, the Aesthete.

You say, "That journal holds our citizen contract on page six, which is the bookmarked section. I will not ask you to copy it and return it to us, but I would like for you to verbally consent if that
is not too much to ask."

Eyeing the journal, Isune, the Aesthete says, "I presume then that the other contents of the journal are for other affairs involving decitizenship, marital status, and birth rates?"

You say, "Sadly, most of it has to do with how many applications of ink it takes to inscribe a certain tarot card, or credit debts owed to me."

Sublime Opus, Morshoth Windwhisper, Soul of the Nation says to Isune, "You know, important Magistrate stuff!"

Phoebus nods her head emphatically.

Sublime Opus, Morshoth Windwhisper, Soul of the Nation says to Isune, "If You want to see a marital contract, You should ask my husband to see ours."

Primus Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says, "Forever inundated with data."

With great sincerity, Isune, the Aesthete says to you, "I so pledge Myself to this city, and do swear it upon the memory of both My sister and the Lord Elostian."

Archmage Phoebus Windwhisper, Shaper of Systems says, "We are most honored to have You."

Phoebus beams broadly.

Sublime Opus, Morshoth Windwhisper, Soul of the Nation says to Isune, "Yes, most honoured!"

(Hallifax): Isune says, "I thank you for your generosity, Beacon of Harmony."
ct Please welcome to the Collective, Lady Isune. May her personal and created beauty shine forth to prove to the Basin of our cultural superiority
(Hallifax): You say, "Please welcome to the Collective, Lady Isune. May her personal and created beauty shine forth to prove to the Basin of our cultural superiority."

(Hallifax): Morshoth says, "Welcome, Lady Aesthete!!"

(Hallifax): Eritheyl says, "Welcome to the Collective, Lady Aesthete!"

(Hallifax): Phoebus says, "Welcome, Lady Isune!"

(Hallifax): Kiradawea says, "Welcome!!"

(Hallifax): Maellio says, "Welcome Lady Isune!"

(Hallifax): Zyphora says, "Welcome, Lady Isune."

(Hallifax): Drae says, "Welcome, Lady Isune!"

(Hallifax): Aithera says, "Welcome to the collective, Lady Isune."

(Hallifax): Orventa (from the Aetherways) says, "Welcome, Lady Isune."

Archmage Phoebus Windwhisper, Shaper of Systems says, "Do pardon. I need to get this out."

Phoebus squeals in excitement.

Archmage Phoebus Windwhisper, Shaper of Systems says, "All better now."

Maellio pats Phoebus in a friendly manner.

Sublime Opus, Morshoth Windwhisper, Soul of the Nation says to Phoebus, "I've got one bottled up in here somewhere."

Sublime Opus, Morshoth Windwhisper, Soul of the Nation says, "Somewhere, that is."

Sublime Opus, Morshoth Windwhisper, Soul of the Nation taps his chest.

Archmage Phoebus Windwhisper, Shaper of Systems says, "It's dangerous to hold them in too long."

Maellio wags his tail happily.

You say, "I understand you have little interest in politics, but there is a clan, The Board of Directors, on which most of our political happenings are discussed. You are always welcome to take a
place among us if you so desire."

Isune, the Aesthete says, "I would be honored."

You say, "Now, To teach you how to be a productive member of the Collective I suggest you begin work on your Collegium tasks right away. You will learn how to navigate Hallifax, how to generate power, and about our culture and history."

You say, "Pardon... a joke."

Archmage Phoebus Windwhisper, Shaper of Systems says, "Good thinking Magistrate, I -was- wondering what Her zap looks like."

Primus Maellio Onz'Verheu, Penumbral Observer says, "And we'd even get to see it in person, what wonders."

Sublime Opus, Morshoth Windwhisper, Soul of the Nation says to Isune, "Pardon, lucidian humour can be quite dry... I imagine we get that from Lord Xyl."

Isune's eyes sparkle with amusement.

Isune, the Aesthete says, "You are the Magistrate, and I am deferring to you at present."

Isune, the Aesthete says, "Is there anything you further wish of Me?"

You say, "Only that you continue to serve the Collective in whatever means available to you, the same I ask of all citizens. Very well, interview adjourned."

You kneel and raise your hands and then sink low to the ground before Isune, dealing obeisance.
Unknown2012-02-26 02:47:01
You left in my responding to the guy who asked about cookies without leaving his question about cookies in! Now it looks like I'm a nut randomly talking about baked goods. >_>

(welcome to Hallifax, Isune!)
Unknown2012-02-26 02:55:29
Isune should be a nice change for Hallifax. I understand the whole bureaucratic and order stuff, but Isune is very emotional and basically a kind being, and it might give more nuances to the city. (Not that they don't exist now, but they kinda get overshadowed by the science aspect of things sometimes).

(Elostian was kind of Spock meets Marvel's Vision meets Casper--not the best for getting or receiving empathy from the citizens).
Morshoth2012-02-26 03:29:58
Phoebs, you are a nut who randomly talks about baked goods... need I bring up your cake song?
Casilu2012-02-26 03:36:52
Phred:

Isune should be a nice change for Hallifax. I understand the whole bureaucratic and order stuff, but Isune is very emotional and basically a kind being, and it might give more nuances to the city. (Not that they don't exist now, but they kinda get overshadowed by the science aspect of things sometimes).

(Elostian was kind of Spock meets Marvel's Vision meets Casper--not the best for getting or receiving empathy from the citizens).

I'll get my brass knuckles and we'll assimilate her good and proper. Just need to break her spirit and then she can do state-approved art.
Unknown2012-02-26 07:04:49
Shoulda made her fill out all the paperwork in triplicate, with five stamps on each form.
Kagato2012-02-26 07:40:23
Kialkarkea:

Shoulda made her fill out all the paperwork in triplicate, with five stamps on each form.

Nah, should have made her fill out forms, signed in triplicate, sent in, sent back, queried, lost, found, subjected to public inquiry, lost again, and finally buried in soft peat for three months and recycled as firelighters /hitchhikersguide >_>
Unknown2012-02-26 08:21:11
Mad respect to Morbo for going along with procedure, despite being asked to citizen a Divine.
Calixa2012-02-26 15:20:25
Good stuff, I <3 me some Hallilogs. If I'd ever alt it'd probably be there >_> The propaganda must be working!