Zvoltz's Design has a place for a confused avatar.

by Ushaara

Back to Event Scrolls.

Ushaara2012-02-14 00:35:36
I am convinced no-one can second-guess themselves more than I did here. :wub: Zvoltz!

(The Lawgivers): Zvoltz says, "Finish your current business in the arena and attend Me in My Fulcrux, Keeper."

<< Heartstop and movement spam goes here. >>

A stark cavern of monolithic quartz pillars.
A writhing pillar of icy white energy surges between the floor and ceiling of the cavern, casting off of a shower of sparks.
You see exits leading southeast and through a pillar of writhing energy.

A lattice of power spreads across your body as you enter a pillar of writhing energy, filling your vision with a searing white light. As the energy courses from your body and your vision returns, you find yourself standing elsewhere.

The Fulcrux of Zvoltz.
A wall of static runs along the entire base of the dome, crackling with contained energy. In the shape of an open palm, a metallic sigil lies here. A hollow globe of transparent quartz floats above a seven-stepped dais, icy white bolts of energy arcing within the crystal.
There are no obvious exits.

Energy surges across the dome above as a distorted voice crackles, "That was swift."

You smile and say, "Would not want to keep You waiting, Lord."

Energy surges across the dome above as a distorted voice crackles, "Are you prepared to fully dedicate yourself to Me, Ushaara?"

You nod solemnly.

You say, "I am Your instrument, Lord."

You say, "Wholly and completely."

Energy surges across the dome above as a distorted voice crackles, "Then at this time you must focus only on Me, Ushaara. Turn your mind away from your aetherwaves and telepathic communication, so that the silence may be filled by Me."

<< Turn off chatty clan channel here. >>

You nod your head emphatically.

You say, "It is done."

Energy surges across the dome above as a distorted voice crackles, "Even the aetherwave of Hallifax, and of the Company and My Order. You shall experience nothing but what I command you to."

Comprehension flashes across your face.

<< "Uh oh, what's happening?" thoughts start, turning off all channels spam here. >>

You nod your head emphatically.

You say, "Think that's the lot now."

Energy surges across the dome above as a distorted voice crackles, "If you are to fully dedicate yourself to Me, our relationship must be built upon the foundations of trust, with materials forged in loyalty and duty."

Energy surges across the dome above as a distorted voice crackles, "Only material that has been thoroughly tested is worthy to be imbued with My essence. You will be tested now, Ushaara."

You take a deep breath and allow your mind to calm, and your crystalline body begins to shift in colour.

Energy surges across the dome above as a distorted voice crackles, "The way forward is full of joy and great reward. The way back is only death and sadness."

Energy surges across the dome above as a distorted voice crackles, "Reflect on My words and My works. When the path forward arrives, you must enter and prove yourself worthy."

A sudden thrumming fills the air as a vibrating Divine portal opens up directly before you, wavering madly before settling in the air, strange colours and pathways flowing beyond.

As you step into a vibrating Divine portal you are momentarily deafened by the thrumming of the portal, distracting you from the fact that you have just stepped out into nothingness, though this uneasy realisation has barely struck you before your legs are compelled to take another step, and you emerge through an identical portal.

Executive Boardroom.
Two regal sentinels stand watch at the top of the wide, gently curving staircase that ushers purposeful dignitaries into the southern end of this austere room. Through the ages, the statues of a stern trill holding a gavel and a thoughtful lucidian holding a scroll have performed their duty as mute witnesses to the making of history. Generations of Hallifax leadership have taken inspiration as much from these emblems of Justice and Science as they have from the exquisite panorama that unfolds in all directions. Perched between the whole of the gleaming, crystalline city and the endless expanse of unmarked sky, the room is a perfect octagon of utterly transparent crystal. At each of the eight compass points the wall is pierced by an enormous arch opening directly out onto dizzying space. Aeromantic magics keep the occupants and their undertakings safe and undisturbed by breeze or tempest. A graceful, transparent dome permits the boundless firmament to add its wisdom to the deliberations. Crystal planets rotating slowly, an interstellar chandelier hangs from the ceiling here. Filling the air with a low-pitched thrum, a vibrating Divine portal floats here.
You see exits leading south and through a vibrating Divine portal.

As you enter the Boardroom, the heads of the the other Board Members turn toward you as they speak in hushed, excited tones.

<< Bloody hell! Nifty, but what is happening...? Confusion multiplier factor x10 >>

The Magistrate says to you, "We've been waiting for you, Oberst! Quickly, come in and close the door behind you."

Your fellow leaders await you, their excitement barely contained.

A vibrating Divine portal begins to fluctuate, thrumming loudly for a moment before it is suddenly still, and then simply vanishes from existence.

The Archmage of the Aeromancers says to you, "We have a plan that will lead to glory and greatness!"

The Magistrate asks you, "Do you wish to know of the plan?"

You say, "Oh? Just tell me what you need of me and it shall be done."

You nod your head in agreement.

You say, "Most certainly."

The Temporal Primus says with a nod, "Yes, Lord Elostian has bestowed upon us a task with unimaginable rewards!"

The Sublime Opus says to you, "The Enigma, is all his wisdom, has found a way to breach the Threshold Abyss and reach the Immanidivinus. If we help Him, we can bridge the Abyss and become Gods ourselves, akin to when Soll ascended to become Ayridion!"

The members of the Board look at you expectantly.

<< Umm, is this how someone usually becomes Avatar? Why'd I not learn more about this... Hmm, I'm being tested, stall and wait for prompt maybe... >>

You ask, "Have the consequences of such an action been considered?"

The Archmage of the Aeromancers says, "We will be Gods!"

Clapping his hands together in excitement, the Magistrate says, "All we must do is lure Lord Zvoltz into a specific place. Once we have Him there, the Enigma will spring upon Him and destroy the Architect. The energy release in the death of a divine will allow us to transcend mortality and reach the Immanidivinus!"

The Archmage of the Aeromancers cheers, "We will be Gods!"

You ask, "You would destroy the Lord Architect for personal gain?"

The Temporal Primus says, "One must die for the benefit of many, Ushaara. Even you must see that."

<< Hmm, yes, this is kinda fitting for Hallifax. Maybe I'm supposed to say yes here. All for the Collective and all that... Hmm, second guessing myself now. Confusion multiplier factor x 20 >>

The Temporal Primus says, "We trade the power of one god to raise five new Divine!"

Angrily, you say, "I cannot agree with this motion. I fear you have all been maddened."

The Sublime Opus says, "Join us or we will destroy you, Ushaara. You have no choice in this matter."

You say, "Attempt it if you dare, but I will oppose this motion to my dying breath!"

A sudden thrumming fills the air as a vibrating Divine portal opens up directly before you, wavering madly before settling in the air, strange colours and pathways flowing beyond.

<< Ok, hopefully that's a pass... Maybe... >>

As you step into a vibrating Divine portal you are momentarily deafened by the thrumming of the portal, distracting you from the fact that you have just stepped out into nothingness, though this uneasy realisation has barely struck you before your legs are compelled to take another step, and you emerge through an identical portal.

Within the Infinity Circuit.
Filling the air with a low-pitched thrum, a vibrating Divine portal floats here.
You see a single exit leading through a vibrating Divine portal.

A vibrating Divine portal begins to fluctuate, thrumming loudly for a moment before it is suddenly still, and then simply vanishes from existence.

A cold, monotone voice speaks from your surroundings, "You have come to serve the Collective, Oberst."

You say, "My life is in its service, always."

A cold, monotone voice speaks from your surroundings, "The time to destroy Gaudiguch is at hand. You will be the hand that wields the weapon."

A cold, monotone voice speaks from your surroundings, "Are you prepared to fulfill your destiny?"

<< Ooh, this one is bound to be easy! Zvoltz no like Mysrai/Gaudiguch, straight A's for Ushaara! >>

You say, "Tell me what must be done."

A cold, monotone voice speaks from your surroundings, "You will summon your Lord Zvoltz and I will absorb Him, using His essence to destroy Gaudiguch. I will rip it from the time stream and cast it into the Void."

A cold, monotone voice speaks from your surroundings, "Now is the time, Ushaara. Touch your phylactery and summon the Architect, that He may die in service to the Collective."

<< Hrm, would this be the sort of thing He'd willingly die for? All this needs now is the quiz countdown clock and you'll see the full extent of how tests under pressure turn me into a blithering idiot, second-guessing myself to infinity. Confusion multiplier level x 50 >>

You ask, "There must be another way, another path? Surely we can assimilate them, rather than destroy them utterly?"

A cold, monotone voice speaks from your surroundings, "Assimilation is a distant goal, this is now. Do as I command. Summon the Architect."

You shake your head.

The presence of the Collective begins to bear down on your mind as the temperature in the room drops to unthinkably cold temperatures.

<< Above in scary blue writing. Uh oh, does this mean I did it wrong? *flail >>

A cold, monotone voice speaks from your surroundings, "Do it, Ushaara. Summon Him now!"

You say, "I fear His Design would become imbalanced without Gaudiguch. I will not do this while there is a chance, no matter how distant of a peaceful assimilation."

As the temperature continues to fall, you feel you breath begin to freeze in your lungs.

Your vision begins to blur to a narrow tunnel as you begin to lose consciousness, your death imminent for disobeying the Collective.

<< Ok, think I failed that one... >>

An ephemeral hall in the Basilica of the Architect.
Filling the air with a low-pitched thrum, a vibrating Divine portal floats here. Morbo Gordian is here. He wields a glowing powerstone in his left hand and an amethyst domothean scalpel in his right. Sky's Aria Eritheyl Skyplume, Grand Libretto of the Opera is here. He wields a black widow shield in his left hand and a prismatic violin of the eternal lovers in his right.
You see exits leading south and through a vibrating Divine portal.

<< Hmm, what are they doing here...? Wait, I can't seem to emote at them, maybe they're more figments meant to test me... Confusion multiplier level holding steady at flummoxed. >>

Morbo Gordian says, "Greetings, Oberst."

Eritheyl doffs a woollen hat dotted with downy feathers to you.

You doff a ceremonial comb morion helm cordially.

You say, "Greetings, comrades."

Morbo Gordian says, "Do you know why you're here?"

You say, "I'm afraid I do not."

Morbo Gordian says, "Some of us....have concerns."

"Oh?" you exclaim quizzically.

Morbo Gordian says, "You know that I respect you deeply, both as a person and as the Oberst."

You say, "And I, you."

Sky's Aria Eritheyl Skyplume, Grand Libretto of the Opera looks skeptical and says, "Perhaps we should simply skip to the point."

Morbo Gordian says, "But, we are members of the Collective. Our first principle is that people should know their place, and serve in the place they are best suited to serve."

Morbo Gordian says, "Some of us are concerned, that you've been forced in some positions that you are unsuited for, and as such, The Collective effort is being diminished because of this."

Morbo Gordian says, "We know you didn't ask to become Orderhead, or to become Herald, none of us blame you for this."

Morbo Gordian says, "Lord Zvoltz, he is new to the Collective, and is bound to make some mistakes."

Morbo Gordian says, "But, we feel you'd best serve as head of the Justicars, considering your long standing service as Soldier."

Morbo Gordian says, "I'm sorry friend, but you're entirely unsuited for the positions that have been bestowed upon you."

<< Kethuru mobs assault. Hrm, maybe Morbo -is- real, but why is he being so mean to me? *cries. Maybe Zvoltz is possessing and doing this since I failed his tests? :( >>

Morbo Gordian says, "I want you to think about the failures of the Order, Eritheyl here has said that you entirely failed to help him complete his tasks, or to properly encourage him."

Morbo Gordian says, "The order has suffered because of this."

Morbo Gordian says, "Tulemrah has expressed the same concern, that when she needed your help to serve Lord Zvoltz, you were more interested in fighting."

<< Wait, what? When did this happen? Maybe I am a failure... :( >>

Morbo Gordian says, "The Board of Directors,."

Sky's Aria Eritheyl Skyplume, Grand Libretto of the Opera says, "I would not say you are -entirely- unsuited. But there are certainly a few things that weigh against your favour. Perhaps more than just a few."

Morbo Gordian says, "The board of directors, how many failures have they endured while you were a member?"

Morbo Gordian says, "The song, Iytha, Lord Elostian's patronage?"

Morbo Gordian says, "All because you were unwilling to step up, and do what was right, as a good soldier, you followed along."

A tiny spark of white light tickles the back of your mind.

You say, "He is the Architect who brought peace and order to the Elders at their most vulnerable time. If He asks me, I will stand aside. Who are you to question His Design?"

<< Still thinking they're figments here! >>

Morbo Gordian says, "We are those who know you the best."

<< Damn, good answer! :( >>

Sky's Aria Eritheyl Skyplume, Grand Libretto of the Opera looks skeptical and says, "Our thoughts should certainly be taken into account, I think. Another oversight, on your part."

Morbo Gordian says, "You have no faith in yourself, and so you do not step up to lead. How can anyone else be expected to trust you to lead us?"

Sky's Aria Eritheyl Skyplume, Grand Libretto of the Opera says, "Take Morbo as a prime example. When we are in need of a firm hand to lead, he is always willing to fill the role."

A tiny spark of white light tickles the back of your mind.

Sky's Aria Eritheyl Skyplume, Grand Libretto of the Opera says, "You have charisma, Oberst. But you lack the strength of will that some are seeking."

Sky's Aria Eritheyl Skyplume, Grand Libretto of the Opera says, "Do you disagree?"

The spark in your mind begins to diminish in brilliance as you falter.

Morbo tilts his head and listens intently to you.

<< Flail, flail, what do I say? Haven't said anything in a while now because it's all true! *cries >>

You say, "We each have our place within the whole."

Morbo Gordian says, "Yes, exactly!"

Sky's Aria Eritheyl Skyplume, Grand Libretto of the Opera says, "I cannot agree more. However, it seems you have been installed in one not entirely suited to your own personal design."

Morbo Gordian says, "That is my point, you are the good soldier."

Morbo Gordian says, "You are not the good leader."

Sky's Aria Eritheyl Skyplume, Grand Libretto of the Opera says, "Quite."

Morbo Gordian says, "We just want to help you to do your best to serve the Architect, and to serve the Collective."

Morbo Gordian says, "I wouldn't be here if it wasn't my duty as Magistrate to make sure that the Collective ran smoothly."

Morbo Gordian says, "We let it go until now because we wanted to give you a chance, but."

You feel the spark in your mind begin to recede as your confidence wavers.

Morbo Gordian says, "I mean honestly, Do you truly feel you can handle these roles better than anyone else in the Collective or the Order? That you wouldn't be better suited as the head of the Justicars?"

Sky's Aria Eritheyl Skyplume, Grand Libretto of the Opera looks skeptical and says, "Actually, I might suggest another in that role as well. Shedrin lacks in the flaws we've mentioned, to a certain degree."

<< He would be better too! But maybe one final stand? >>

Resolutely, you say, "I have felt the touch of the Lord Architect upon my essence. I know that I can be all that He wishes of me."

Morbo has left the area.
Eritheyl has left the area.

Atop a spire of infinite height.
Filling the air with a low-pitched thrum, a vibrating Divine portal floats here.
You see a single exit leading through a vibrating Divine portal.

<< Ooh, I guess that was the right thing to say! :) >>

Zvoltz, the Architect says, "You come to Me forged from your trials."

Your heart thumps as you gaze at Zvoltz with love and adoration.

You kneel before Zvoltz, swearing your allegiance to Him.

Zvoltz, the Architect says, "Your faith in My guidance and your loyalty to Me has led you here, Ushaara."

You stand up and stretch your arms out wide.

You smile softly.

Zvoltz, the Architect asks, "Do you still wish to serve Me?"

You nod solemnly to Zvoltz.

You say, "As before, I am ever Your instrument."

As the Architect reaches out to place a strong hand against your forehead, your vision is overwhelmed with the image of an endless Design of infinity complexity stretching off in all directions.

As your frail mortal mind begins to collapse beneath the immensity of the Design, a surge of gentle, benevolent power infuses you as you feel your power blossom to that of an Avatar of the Architect.

Zvoltz has imbued you with great powers, use them wisely.

You drop to one knee, demonstrating your humility and respect.

The firmament shimmers into the image of a grand Design of incomprehensible complexity that stretches out into infinity. As the sheer weight of the vision presses down on your mind, the visage of the demigod Ushaara briefly appears in the sky before the image fades.

Zvoltz, the Architect says, "Rise, My Herald."

Joy suddenly washes over you in waves, your entire body glowing a cheerful shade of citrine yellow.

Humbly, you say, "Thank You for this great honour, Lord."

Zvoltz, the Architect says, "You may open your sense to the mortal world again, My Keeper. I will always be with you now, as you bear the smallest part of my essence."

You smile softly.

(Order): Zvoltz says, "You may publicly congratulate the Keeper on the city aether if you desire."

(Hallifax): Morbo says, "Congratulations, Ushaara. First Avatar of Lord Zvoltz."

Zvoltz smiles softly at you.

You laughingly say, "My silence is more from being so awestruck and honoured, Lord."

(Hallifax): Morbo says, "May you serve him as well as you have served the city."

(Hallifax): You say, "Thank you."

(Hallifax): Eritheyl says, "Congratulations, Ushaara! I trust you will have no difficulty in your appreciated servitude."

Zvoltz, the Architect says, "I cannot think of anyone more deserving of the honour than you, Ushaara."

Zvoltz, the Architect says, "You not only displayed loyalty to me, but you also overcame your personal doubts."

You smile softly.

You say, "Only with Your guidance."

You say, "Our first meeting You spoke of inner harmony being often the most difficult to achieve. With You, I have come closest to it."

Zvoltz, the Architect smiles widely as His form wavers and shifts.

Zvoltz, the Architect says, "To be a Herald is to have a deep bond with an Elder. I hope this bond will always reinforce you and give you strength."

You nod your head in agreement.

Zvoltz, the Architect says, "I hope you will forgive Morbo and Eritheyl. They were serving Me as I bid them, to provide you with your greatest Trial."

Your mouth turns up as your face breaks into a smile.

You laughingly say, "I had thought they were perhaps figments summoned to test me. They are forgiven already."

Zvoltz's mouth turns up as His face breaks into a smile.

(Hallifax): Elleiya (from the Aetherways) says, "Congratulations, Oberst."

Zvoltz, the Architect says, "Now that you are imbued with My essence, you will find that your spark has been further emboldened."

Zvoltz, the Architect says, "You can now Exalt in My power, either healing your fellow Builders or using my power to destroy the enemy of My Order."

You smile and say, "Ah."

Zvoltz, the Architect says, "You can now Refresh your fellow Builders should they begin to fall, as well."

You nod your head slowly in understanding.

(Order): Zvoltz says, "Morbo and Eritheyl, thank you for your service to Me. You have performed admirably."

(Order): Morbo says, "Of course, Lord. I trust the Oberst knows that that was entirely in service to You, and none of the doubts I expressed are ones I truly hold."

Zvoltz, the Architect says, "You will also find that it is possible for you to ressurect your fellow Builders should they fall in service to Me, though this is a power you will need to purchase as demigods purchase other powers."

(Order): Eritheyl says, "I should certainly say the same, as well."

(Order): You say, "Heh, I had taken you both for figments, meant to test me."

(Order): Morbo says, "Ah yes....it was all a dream."

(Order): Eritheyl says, "...yes, that!"

Comprehension flashes across your face.

You say, "Your gifts are humbly received, Lord. Thank You for bestowing them on me."

Zvoltz smiles softly.

Zvoltz, the Architect says, "I am very proud, Ushaara. You are deserving of the boon I have bestowed upon you."

Zvoltz, the Architect asks, "Is there anything else, before I turn you lose upon the world?"

You say, "I am ready to return then."

You kneel before Zvoltz, swearing your allegiance to Him.

Zvoltz chuckles long and heartily.

Zvoltz, the Architect brushes his hand lightly across your forehead, sending an electric thrill through your body.

With a majestic wave of His arm, Zvoltz opens up a rift in the aetherways, fluctuating oddly before it settles down into a vibrating Divine portal.

You give the world a smart salute.

Your mouth turns up as your face breaks into a smile.

Naia2012-02-14 01:01:19
I'm glad you got such a fun event. I love the commentary before you realised Morbo and Eritheyl were in on it.
Unknown2012-02-14 01:18:44
Super-fun read! There's something about Divine attention that tends to turn one's guts into pudding when one least needs it, and from what I can tell you rose to the challenge admirably. Thanks a lot for sharing!
Unknown2012-02-14 01:32:07
Hallifax is evil, come to Glomdoring, we have pancakes.
Ushaara2012-02-14 01:42:47
Haha, I'd just love to know what would have happened if I had said, "Yes, kill Him! For the Collective, ho!" :D
Shedrin2012-02-14 01:47:52
Super weapon powered by a God of lightning? I think I would have failed that test. >_>
Unknown2012-02-14 02:34:13
Destroy an Elder to let Mortals be divine again? Kial would have failed that test sooooo hard.
Asmodea2012-02-14 04:58:59
Wow that was really good. Looked like alot of fun! Go Zvoltz! Congratz Ushaara!
Xiel2012-02-14 04:59:42
That's super awesome and just inspired me with an idea. Congrats!
Neos2012-02-14 05:09:06
Xiel:
That's super awesome and just inspired me with an idea. Congrats!

I don't think killing Viravain and assuming her identity is gonna work!
Xiel2012-02-14 07:06:52
Drat. ._.
Unknown2012-02-14 08:00:44
That was pretty sweet. Nice job.
Raeri2012-02-14 09:45:54
Amazing log. (Made better by the commentary :3) Congrats!

EDIT: I also find it totally fitting that Morbo, being the new Sealbearer of Justice, seemed to have almost swayed you :P
Zyreil2012-02-14 10:51:03
Ah this explains a lot! Thank you for sharing the log, and congratulations - you deserve it!
Ushaara2012-02-14 14:42:57
What I think is really neat (and funny) is that Ushaara's relationship with Zvoltz to date has mainly been about overcoming Ushaara's self-doubts, with Zvoltz seeing something in him that he can't see himself. Being somewhat hesitant about accepting the Order head position, even questioning if he'd be worthy of becoming His avatar and the like. So that last trial with Morbo and Eritheyl about stepping up was actually a great test, and totally unexpected! Much :wub: to the pair for doing it!

I also think this log shows that score-card would show: Self-Doubts 1 - Ushaara 0. :D
Unknown2012-02-14 14:45:10
This is great, thanks for sharing and the awesome comments. Your responses were solid and you handled yourself well even in your confusion.

Also: u <3 Gaudi

:D
Unknown2012-02-14 14:46:33
Ushaara:

What I think is really neat (and funny) is that Ushaara's relationship with Zvoltz to date has mainly been about overcoming Ushaara's self-doubts, with Zvoltz seeing something in him that he can't see himself. Being somewhat hesitant about accepting the Order head position, even questioning if he'd be worthy of becoming His avatar and the like. So that last trial with Morbo and Eritheyl about stepping up was actually a great test, and totally unexpected! Much :wub: to the pair for doing it!

I also think this log shows that score-card would show: Self-Doubts 1 - Ushaara 0. :D

Ushaara can always ask his #1 fangirl if he ever needs additional reassurance of how great he is. :lol:
Ushaara2012-02-14 15:30:53
Do not underestimate just how scary blue that writing was to me too! :lol:
Casilu2012-02-14 19:03:02
Phoebus:

Ushaara can always ask his #1 fangirl if he ever needs additional reassurance of how great he is. :lol:

Or his psuedo-mentor kinda person.
Morshoth2012-02-14 19:35:37
The Archmage of the Aeromancers says, "We will be Gods!"
The Archmage of the Aeromancers cheers, "We will be Gods!"

I could totally see Phoebus saying that... multiple times, just like in the little scenario