Ironrealms client for iOS?

by Kagato

Back to Ideas.

Kagato2012-02-05 04:06:31
(Not sure if this is the correct area for this thread, might be more appropriate in mechanics corner, but I'll put it here for now)

Just curious as to what the possibility would be of an ironrealms client being developed for iOS devices (iphone/ipad), I noticed one has been made for Android devices.

Currently I'm using a third-party MUD client when I want to connect through my ipad but it would be nice to have something specifically for IRE games =p
Neos2012-02-05 04:49:34
Kagato:
(Not sure if this is the correct area for this thread, might be more appropriate in mechanics corner, but I'll put it here for now)

Just curious as to what the possibility would be of an ironrealms client being developed for iOS devices (iphone/ipad), I noticed one has been made for Android devices.

Currently I'm using a third-party MUD client when I want to connect through my ipad but it would be nice to have something specifically for IRE games =p

They've mentioned the possibility of one, but still no sight of it. If/when they make it, really hope it can run in the background like the Android one.
Talbert2012-02-08 00:12:06
There is already a mud app for the iphone I use. It's not perfect, but you can do all the basics. It's called Pocket MUD
Near2012-03-01 02:26:30
What I'd MUCH prefer is a client that lets you check messages, news, and logs (and maybe news feed / articles) ONLY. I don't know how anyone can actually play a MUD on their iPhone/Android (if you can -- props.) Trying to navigate ironrealms.com on iOS Safari is a special kind of torture, heh.
Unknown2012-03-01 16:30:33
It's not iPhone (sorry) but I can play reasonably on AndroMUD. Clearing the nexus world, wandering about a bit, some of the quests, chatting etc. The new tools like path find (write commonly used location numbers in your journal), firstaid, curing and now stratagems, make it quite doable.

I still hate tunnels when I'm on a train.