The Resinous Mystery

by Xiel

Back to Event Scrolls.

Xiel2012-02-02 08:34:04

An abrupt headache strikes you, and you glimpse a coppery face, a bald head, and soft-smiling lips.
Abruptly, your throat burns hot, as if filled with fire or molten metals, and you behold the neck of
the Thousandfold swimming with mantras of coppery hues, of koans made light, of a thousand
flickering moths.

You glimpse beyond this, a cave of veils, half-real and unmanifested. You glimpse in the darkness a
reaching copper hand that fades to nothing. Burning resins tease your nose, drawing you away from
the sweet ache of the vision.

Abruptly, the air clears, the smell lifting and reality condensing once more into itself.

Your vision fades, and you glimpse a coppery egg worn into a glowing patina. From this, shattering
into pieces, an ivory kantharos arises, bearing a mouth of resinous wines. From this, a small,
glowing egg comes forth.

A warm hand presses against you, setting you down to sit: above, you glimpse a multitude of eggs
from which poppies blossom. Within this, long fingers begin to weave the skeins of potentials and
that Yet To Be.

You have emoted: Viynain's legs buckle to land him seated on the ground, watching with desire and
determination at the unfolding sights.

As your mind burns attempting to watch the intricate tapestry taking shape above, you glimpse a pair
of starry eyes, a pair of impossibly long hands, and some form twitching one thing into another, and
another. The images fade, a sense of languor and weariness remaining with you as they go.

Softly, you ask, "I do not understand the form that is to be - more must be done, but what need I
do?"

The Thousandfold's voice rings out, echoing weirdly like a bell, "The Cup is filled. The potentials
turn, and Our hand turned to manifesting, and the egg of Being to be hatched into paradigms manifest."

Staggering upright, you say, "Then the dream is at hand? I am Yours to pledge myself to, Great One."

Reaching out with open hands, you say, "All that I am, I offer freely and Willingly unto You."

A cascade of koans made light and flickering copper plummets from above, a whirling cascade of sound
and illumination accompanied by the smell of burning resins.

Your nose stings with the smell of burning resins: your mind blurs through coppery face after face,
unfathomable lips parting in a honeyed, gleaming smile.

You have emoted: Viynain's head tilts back in rapture and joy, his lips quirking up into a smile as
all other sounds fade from his attention.

A banner of purest saffron, of flickering gold, of pale copper against the fiery dawn sky gleams in
your vision, and upon the standard, some unfathomable symbol seems to shiver into being.

Warm, honeyed hands press against your cheeks. Heat spreads through your veins, the energy rising
and falling in intensity.

(The Veiled): You say, "Under the banner I rally behind the Great One! In fealty and joy I bind
myself willingly to the Thousandfold's manifold glories!"

-people entering goes here-

The air parts, and from the smoke-filled plaza, a skein of light unfolds, gleaming coppery and
brilliant in the light of the Eternal Flame.

Mysrai's eyes gleam, stars shifting swiftly within the Void-black orbs.

Mysrai, Thousandfold intones, "My Viynain has well-leased Me indeed."

Veils of pale copper energies swirl briefly in the air about Mysrai's form before settling.

Mysrai, Thousandfold intones, "In humble service you have served, My Viynain, to study those
mysteries of transformation and combination within that Paradigm."

Mysrai, Thousandfold intones, "With patience, loyalty, and in balance you have moved. Thus, you are
the first of My Copper."

The air around the Thousandfold ripples, myriad forms becoming briefly visible around Him as shadows
of smoke and whispering illusion.

You have emoted: Viynain's head falls forward in supplication and honour, words of thanks and
gratitude being murmured softly in a slow exhale.

Mysrai, Thousandfold intones, "Rise, My Viynain, as My Resinous Mystery."

Congratulations! You have formed a Divine Cult under the auspices of Mysrai, Thousandfold.

With a plume of coppery smoke, a shivering framework of bells comes to be, then fades away.

You have emoted: Viynain's eyes slowly open, glimmering with sparks of copper and amber, shining
with profound awe and gratitude.

Hot fingers dig into your head, and abruptly, you behold galleries yet to be and forming, a statue
unmade and remade in seconds before your eyes.

Reality solidifies, mending itself into a single paradigm as Mysrai departs.

At the centre of a gallery of possibilities.
Coppery shards of veils enfold this pavilion, being, then not-being, as if something waits to be
formed. An altar adorned with a broad, curling framework of coppery bells lies here in a plume of
shifting smoke. Mysrai, Thousandfold floats here, surrounded by twisting manifestations of half-
realised paradigms.
You see exits leading south and northwest.
You are transported by the power of the Divine.

You kneel before Mysrai, swearing your allegiance to Him.

Mysrai, Thousandfold intones, "In this place shall be your galleries, wherein the Resinous Mysteries
might be wrought."

Mysrai, Thousandfold intones, "The Cup is filled. Our hands must turn to weaving what is to be."

Mysrai, Thousandfold intones, "For the transformation of the Voidcopper out of all is but a slow
process."

Mysrai, Thousandfold intones, "Dream of what is and what shall be, and from the Void shall come a
place to answer and a sweetness I shall answer with."

Your mind unfurls once more, an egg of polished voidcopper from which mysteries and dreams hatch in
plumes of light and vision and colour. And from these, a thousand poppies in a thousand patterns and
eyes of sparkling light and darkness.

From the whispering visions now in the back of your mind, you behold unfolding veils, forming
pillars, and an altar of gleaming voidcopper.

Mysrai, Thousandfold intones, "Behold your altar, My Key."

A broad, coppery framework, an altar adorned with copper poppy bells, spreads across the ground here
in an ascending spiral of brilliant, flame-lumined metal. Dried blossoms lie around the base, a
scattered mix of all hues found within and without of nature. A dish of polished metal filled with
coals rests at the centre, exuding a plume of spice and resin-scented smoke throughout the whirling
chaos. Energies shift about the top of the whirlwind, plumes of golden light and fire playing off
the metal.
It weighs about 375 pounds.

Slowly circling the gleaming copper, you say, "Glorious.."

You reach out and touch an altar adorned with a broad, curling framework of bells.

Mysrai, Thousandfold intones, "For from the galleries shall come being. From the egg shall come That
Which Is."

The Thousandfold winks from existence as if He never was.

Happiness.
Naia2012-02-02 09:27:32
Awesome stuff. Thanks for pausing squeeing long enough to post this.
Chade2012-02-02 16:20:54
Wooo!
Unknown2012-02-02 18:38:14
I'm gonna be honest with you. I do not understand half the stuff Mysrai says. >.> -flee-
Unknown2012-02-02 19:40:22
Niiiiiiice. Kinda makes me wish I could join the Cult... Well, a tiny bit, but I'm rather satisfied with where I am.

Anyway, Congrats!

(And go read more about Thelma, Phoeebs, and you'll "get it" a lot better.)

]
Casilu2012-02-02 20:17:18
Phoebus:

I'm gonna be honest with you. I do not understand half the stuff Mysrai says. >.> -flee-

What is wrong with you? Makes sense to me.
Unknown2012-02-02 20:43:39
Argh, I keep missing this stuff and it feels like I'm not doing my job of being able to rah-rah cheerleader when I'm needed! Congratulations are in order; you've definitely been working your butt off for this. I'll be really interested to see where it goes!

Although now I keep trying to make a "Thelema and Louise" joke and it isn't quite working.
Unknown2012-02-02 22:06:42
Nifty log and congrats.

I always thought making sense of what they say is half the fun, though they vaguely remind me of my uncle.
Ardmore2012-02-04 00:44:01
Wooh! :)
Xiel2012-02-04 01:34:57
:D
Casilu2012-02-04 02:00:19
Xiel:

:D

Get me in your cult. I feel the need to be a good, old-fashioned spy (but for which side!?).
Unknown2012-02-04 17:10:00
casilu:

Get me in your cult. I feel the need to be a good, old-fashioned spy (but for which side!?).

Whoever pays you more, of course.
Lorina2012-02-06 01:44:41
Mysari smokes too much weed for one cool kid to handle. Anyways, congrats Viy! Cult this crap up, yo.
Xiel2012-02-06 03:14:32
Thanks everyone! The essence rank drop stings, but it's soooooo delicious. Just a bit more and glorious Omniscience again. -hope-

Also, just in case I haven't been obvious about it, <3 Mysrai.