Lhiannan, a primer

by Druken

Back to Event Scrolls.

Druken2012-01-31 04:11:31
First of all, thank You to Whomever keeps indulging my Lhiannan obsession. This one was entirely unexpected, which made it even better. Ilfayre, I think, enjoyed herself, too. :)

Context: We were in the middle of an introduction to the Night Avatars, which was a shift from the collegium planar quest that started everything.

Confusing and illusory forest surrounding pine trees.
The loud, echoing caw of crows permeates the air, filling the area with a feeling of dread from a war shrine of Viravain nearby. A heavy downpour soaks the area. Lhiannan Shee-Slaugh floats inches above the ground here, her deep purple eyes glowing. There are 6 Daughters of Shadow here. A mature hemlock tree stands proudly here. Radiating with the power of the wyrd, the very presence of this
champion darkens the room.
You see exits leading west and northwest.
Lhiannan Shee-Slaugh's black hair swirls around her as she curtseys gracefully before you.
Lhiannan Shee-Slaugh says, "You stand before the Queen of the Slaugh, Dark Savant. What is it you seek?"

The darkness of Nocht's power flickering across his visage, you say, "Lhiannan Shee-Slaugh, Queen of the Slaugh and my ancestor. She is the wisdom of Mother Night personified in all her terrible glory."

Lhiannan Shee-Slaugh glances at you casually out of the corner of her eye, running her fingers through her hair silently.

You bow respectfully to Lhiannan Shee-Slaugh.
Lhiannan Shee-Slaugh says, "Serve Night well."

You say to Ilfayre, "It is from she that we are blessed with the slaugh."

Shadows bleed up from the ground and form into a slaugh.

Ilfayre curtseys respectfully before Lhiannan Shee-Slaugh.

You say to Lhiannan Shee-Slaugh, "The Basin knows of our story, my Queen. The power of our House grows."

Coldly, Lhiannan Shee-Slaugh says, "See that it does not stop doing so, Prince."

The sun reaches the zenith of the firmament, pausing in his quest to allow the land to bask in his shining golden rays.

Ilfayre, Murmur in the Dark says, "To lhiannon it is an honour to meet you and your ancestor, Queen of the Slaugh."

Lhiannan Shee-Slaugh gives Ilfayre the once-over, eyeing her suspiciously.

Ilfayre coughs softly.

Sinking into a pool of viscous black, the Daughter of Shadow vanishes to the west.

Lhiannan Shee-Slaugh gives Ilfayre the once-over, eyeing her suspiciously.

Thoughtfully, Lhiannan Shee-Slaugh says, "Hmm..."

Ilfayre, Murmur in the Dark casts her gaze down beneath the scrutinization of Lhiannan.

A large shadow flits across the edge of your vision for a bare instant, vanishing between the trees.

Sinking into a pool of viscous black, the Daughter of Shadow vanishes to the west.

You say to Lhiannan Shee-Slaugh, "With my every breath, Queen. I now compose a fable of the terror you inflicted upon the elfen of the Serenwilde. An ironic piece of propaganda, I will admit."

The ghost of a smile passes fleetingly across Ilfayre's lips.

Ilfayre, Murmur in the Dark says to you, "With your permission, Prince, may I read it as soon as it is finished?"

You say to Ilfayre, "Of course, young Harbinger. I am sure it will please the Maestro to hear that you have taken an interest in our family's lore."

Ilfayre smiles softly.

Ilfayre, Murmur in the Dark says to Lhiannan Shee-Slaugh, "Queen, You and all of Night's Avatars are beautiful beyond compare."

(becauseitwasfunnytokeep): You say, "Sometimes I don't know how to handle being around Lhiannan because she is Night's avatar, and Night is the Daughter of Nocht, but I am Nocht's avatar."

The sharp sound of a twig snapping echoes behind you.

Ilfayre, Murmur in the Dark says to Lhiannan Shee-Slaugh, "I cannot think of anything that would give me more honour and pleasure than to stand in Your presence, in this Dark Forest and beneath the gaze of Crow and Night."

(becauseitwasfunnytokeep): You say, "So I'm like... *staredown Lhiannan*."

Ilfayre kneels before Lhiannan Shee-Slaugh, swearing her allegiance to her.

(becauseitwasfunnytokeep): Crek (from the Aetherways) says, "Clearly you need a diva off."

Glancing down at you haughtily, Lhiannan Shee-Slaugh says, "You speak the truth, faeling child. An obvious truth, but a truth nevertheless."

(becauseitwasfunnytokeep): You say, "But she is terrifying, so I just grovel."

Ilfayre stands up and stretches her arms out wide.

Lhiannan Shee-Slaugh stares at Druken, as if she's waiting for something.

The barely perceptible wind dies down and all is still.

Ilfayre, Murmur in the Dark's pale cheeks colour with the slightest alteration of hue, and she bows her head further before rising to her feet once more, and respectfully taking a step back from Lhiannan.

You tell Ilfayre, Murmur in the Dark, "Queen Lhiannan's age is beyond compare. Her origins are unknown, even to our family, and it is sometimes thought that she is only slightly younger than the spirit that she serves."

Ilfayre tells you, "Yet time has not ravaged her. The beauty I have found here moves me like nothing else."

With a cool disposition and Nocht's power thrumming in his eyes, you say to Lhiannan Shee-Slaugh, "Of course, my Queen. You are the beauty of the Wyrd personified. Our blood is pure with darkness."

Continuing the hunt for his dark mate, Father Sun presses forward in his journey, lowering himself in the sky yet still casting even, full light upon the land.

You bow respectfully to Lhiannan Shee-Slaugh.
Lhiannan Shee-Slaugh gives you the once-over, eyeing you suspiciously.

Lhiannan Shee-Slaugh grins, a wicked glimmer briefly gracing her features.

You tell Ilfayre, Murmur in the Dark, "Such is Mother Night's power. We, who serve Her, are all imbued with our own beauty made manifest."

Waving her hand, Lhiannan Shee-Slaugh says, "If there is nothing else you wish, Prince, I shall allow you to depart."

You say to Lhiannan Shee-Slaugh, "Thank you, my Queen. I will inform you of our family's next step when the time comes."

You tell Ilfayre, Murmur in the Dark, "Within us all, there lie the seeds of Mother Night's grace. We need only understand them to unlock their power. Her Chosen fuel it in a different way, but all may nurture the seeds of Her potency."

Ilfayre tells you, "When the time comes, I will swear myself to her, and to Crow, and to all that Glomdoring is with my life."

Ilfayre exhales slowly, allowing a long fluid breath to creep from her lungs.

Ilfayre, Murmur in the Dark says, "To be spoken to by the Queen of the Slaugh so soon after being welcomed here..."

Ilfayre murmurs softly to herself.

You say, "To hear her voice is shocking, yes. Our blood is the same, and yet I am also cowed by the might of her presence. It is an honour to be addressed so."

You look thoughtful and say to Ilfayre, "Very few people are greeted by the Queen. She must notice something about you."

The ghost of a smile passes fleetingly across Ilfayre's lips.

You move about quickly and lose Ilfayre, Murmur in the Dark.

You begin to follow Ilfayre.

Ilfayre, Murmur in the Dark says, "Ah, yes... right. Faethorn."

You say, "Before our digression, we were moving toward the Faethorn Court, yes?"

Ilfayre smiles softly.
Rancoura2012-01-31 04:51:36
:wub:

Diva off... heh.

What happened to the royalty titles, by the way?
Unknown2012-01-31 05:00:55
Lovely!
Svorai2012-01-31 05:43:19
Jealous.
Eliron2012-01-31 10:31:51
Things like this make me adore being a Shee-Slaugh, even when I'm not there.