Kagato holds an impromptu riddle quiz

by Kagato

Back to Chronicles of the Basin.

Kagato2012-02-01 11:55:10
I was bored so I decided to throw some random riddles around the city aether complete with gold prizes for the first correct answer, even had Lady Terentia answer one (though I should have been a little more careful with my response to when she threw her own little remark over the aether...), I've included the abridged version (unnecessary chatter cut out)

(Celest): You say, "Since I'm a little bored, so I have a riddle for everyone. First to send me the
answer personally (NOT broadcast it over the aetherwaves) will win 10,000 gold."
(Celest): Kalegyne (from the Realm of the Crown of the Exalted) says, "A riddle!"
(Celest): You say, "I have Towns, but no Houses. Forests, but no trees. Rivers, but no fish. What am I?"
(Celest): Junia says, "I'm gonna WIN, Kalegyne!"
(Celest): You say, "The answer is deceptively simple. When I tell everyone, you'll kick yourselves."
(Celest): Kalegyne (from the Realm of the Crown of the Exalted) says, "Hrm."
Cookie Connoisseur Junia, of the Blessed Isles says, "Is the capitalization relevant?"
You say, "No."
Junia snaps her fingers.
Cookie Connoisseur Junia, of the Blessed Isles says, "I always make these things way too complicated."
3616h, 4584m, 5340e, 10p ex-ct Time's up sorry! The answer is a map!
(Celest): You say, "Time's up sorry! The answer is a map!"
Kalegyne tells you, "I know!"
Junia thrusts her palm towards her forehead and hits it with a resounding *smack*!
Kalegyne tells you, "GAH just a little slow. Fail."
(Celest): Junia says, "Ohh! Sheesh!"
(Celest): Senna (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "I've totally seen maps with trees on it!"
You tell Magister Kalegyne Eli'Silar, Daughter of the Starlight, "Don't worry, I'm going to do another one."
Kalegyne tells you, "Heh its okay. Just frustrated with my timing."
(Celest): You say, "Details details. It's my riddle."
(Celest): Shoji (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "What is this map thing you are talkig about?"
(Celest): Akui (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "I have a riddle too! What is black and blue and tells twitch-inducing riddles?"
(Celest): Shoji (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "Kagato?"
(Celest): Junia says, "Hehhhhhh."
(Celest): Akui (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "Got it in one. You're a clever one."
(Celest): Kalegyne (from the Realm of the Crown of the Exalted) says, "He has a pretty good mentor, I hear."
(Celest): You say, "One more riddle, once again the prize is 10,000 gold. You look at me, I look back. Your right hand raises, I my left. You speak, but I in vain. What am I?"
Senna tells you, "A mirror!"
The Divine voice of Someone powerful echoes in your head, "A mirrored reflection."
Shoji tells you, "Mirror."
Cookie Connoisseur Junia, of the Blessed Isles says, "Reflection!"
Junia bounces up and down.
Kelly tells you, "Too easy."
Kalegyne tells you, "A mirror!"
(Celest): You say, "Senna, plus the Deity that answered got it right. A mirror, or a mirrored reflection."
Cookie Connoisseur Junia, of the Blessed Isles exclaims, "And me and me!"
(Celest): Junia says, "I answered too!"
(Celest): Terentia says, "What speaks, but should not. Has wings, but won't when I'm done?"
You say, "You were not first sorry."
Junia crosses her arms on her chest, sticks out her lower lip, and pouts.
(Celest): Kalegyne (from the Realm of the Crown of the Exalted) says, "Greetings Lady Even Bladed!"
(Celest): Shoji (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "Me?"
(Celest): Terentia says, "Greetings, Lightwalkers."
(Celest): You say, "Lady Even-Bladed, be nice! I'm trying to come up with some fun plus spread the
wealth a little..."
(Celest): Aison (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "Troublesome Celestines."
(Celest): Kelly (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "Hail, Lady Terentia."
(Celest): Talbert (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "Greetings, Lady Even-Bladed."
(Celest): Terentia says, "Are you demanding Me to behave in a certain fashion which requires your approval, Kagato?"
(Celest): You say, "No. I'm playing."
(Celest): Terentia says, "I see."
(Celest): Junia says, "Salutations, Lady Terentia."
(Celest): You say, "My apologies if I offended."
(Celest): Shoji (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "Greetings, Lady Terentia."
You say, "Eep."
Cookie Connoisseur Junia, of the Blessed Isles edges away in case the crackly blue strikes down nearby.
Terentia, the Even Bladed has bestowed Her divine truefavour upon you. It will last for 1 month.
You are:
Truefavoured by Terentia for about 24 hours.

You search your soul for the will of Lyreth, the Sidereal Prince:
Lyreth, the Sidereal Prince looks benevolently upon Terentia, the Even Bladed.
Lyreth, the Sidereal Prince looks benevolently upon Eventru, Crown of the Exalted.
(Celest): Sebaste (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "Hail, Lady Terentia!"
(Celest): You say, "Thank you very much, my Lady!"
Junia cheers wildly!
(Celest): You say, "Lady Terentia, if you wish, I have one more riddle specially for you that may test you." (Ed note: I think Lady Terentia had already logged at this point :( )
(Celest): You say, "Oh, if anyone else can figure this one out, the first correct answer will be
bestowed 5000 gold."
(Celest): You say, "First I am burnt and beaten, then drowned and pierced with nails, then stepped
on by animals. What am I?"
Kalegyne tells you, "Horseshoe."
Cookie Connoisseur Junia, of the Blessed Isles says, "Boots?"
Akui tells you, "A horse shoe."
(Celest): You say, "Kalegyne answered correctly first. The answer was a horseshoe."
Junia snaps her fingers.
(Celest): Kalegyne (from the Realm of the Crown of the Exalted) says, "Aha! Excellent!"
Cookie Connoisseur Junia, of the Blessed Isles says, "Close!"
(Celest): Junia says, "Awwwwww."
(Celest): Junia says, "I mean! Congrats!"
(Celest): Kalegyne (from the Realm of the Crown of the Exalted) says, "Heh thank you, Junia, I'm
surprised at myself, it's been quite some time since I've had to think in such a manner."
(Celest): You say, "Ah what the heck. One last riddle. This one is a BIG one - 20,000 gold! So
listen carefully, there WILL be a time limit."
(Celest): You say, "I'm a fire's friend, my body swells with wind. With my nose I blow, how the
embers glow. What am I?"
Junia tells you, "A bellows!"
(Celest): Talbert (from the Aetherways) says, "Volcano."
Akui tells you, "Bellows."
(Celest): You say, "Junia wins! Bellows was the answer."
(Celest): Talbert says, "Pfft, volcano, what was I thinking heheh."
(Celest): You say, "Ok, this is my final riddle. Rather than a gold prize, I am offering one item of
choice from my shop Lights Musings Free of Charge."
(Celest): You say, "I can run but never walk, I have a mouth but never talk. I have a head but never
weep, I have a bed but never sleep. What am I?"
Kalegyne tells you, "I don't want the prize! I want to answer! I know the answer!"
Talbert tells you, "A river?"
You tell Magister Kalegyne Eli'Silar, Daughter of the Starlight, "What is it then =p."
Kalegyne tells you, "But but... it's a river."
Sebaste tells you, "River?"
You tell Magister Kalegyne Eli'Silar, Daughter of the Starlight, "Yup. Talbert actually just beat you."
Kalegyne tells you, "Phew! Well there we are."
(Celest): You say, "Congratulations to Talbert. The answer was a River."
(Celest): Junia (from the Aetherways) says, "WOOO Talbert!"
(Celest): Sebaste says, "Ohh, nice. I'm just glad I did get it right! First or not. Congratulations, Sir."
(Celest): You say, "That was actually very close, I had 3 people answer a matter of seconds apart."
(Celest): Talbert (from the Aetherways) says, "Wow, I'm not usually good at those!"
(Celest): Junia (from the Aetherways) says, "Wow, I had zero ideas for that one, too."
(Celest): You say, "Bah, my mind is running riot with riddles! Here's my VERY last one to stump you.
"I'm sweeter than honey, but can turn more bitter than poison. I can make a second into an eternity
or make a minute fly by. I cause an increase in heart rate and loss in brain function but am not a
drug. What am I?""
Sebaste tells you, "A wife?"
Sebaste tells you, "Heh."
You tell Squire Sebaste, Ward of Kelly, "Not quite but you're on the right path."
(Celest): Jinx (from the Aetherways) says, "A kiss?"
(Celest): Junia says, "Oooo."
(Celest): You say, "Bingo. I also would have accepted "True Love"."

Was quite fun, I'll probably do it again some other time.
Unknown2012-02-01 14:10:55
I missed this! Damn you epic quest exhaustion! :shakefist: