Pureblade weapon stats

by Unknown

Back to Combat Guide.

Unknown2012-01-21 06:53:51
So I've finally decided to go pureblade and was wondering as a Demi-Faeling with paradigmatics what should my stats be on my katana? Should I max out speed...precision? I have no clue where to start. Thanks!
Unknown2012-01-21 06:58:52
Speed, then precision.
Lothringen2012-01-21 07:07:06
Yeah. As a race with a balance bonus, generally you'll want speed anywhere from 200-280 (personal preference, play around with it and see what works for the goals in mind!) minimum damage, and rest in precision.
Ixion2012-01-22 14:08:20
Max prec.
Chade2012-01-22 18:21:46
Go max speed is my vote, followed by prec. As a Paradigmatics user you get access to ChaosAura which means you can start to stack temporary insanity quite nicely with a 290 speed Katana. Get 3 tics in a row and you've likely got enough with afflictions to get Truename then you can really start stacking the insanity with Visionflux for Illuminate. It is more effective with blademaster though as you get to stack a lot more low level affs plus Mantakaya and Dulak for slowing down your targets healing/actions.

The trick with Paradigmatics if you're 1v1 and going for an Illumination kill is to keep striking at arms, chest, gut in varying order as they're generally lower priority parry areas, also remember that sparring other Paradigmatics users won't give you the best baseline for how well you build temporary insanity as they get resistance to it.

For any other Knight class I'd say stick with 210-220 speed when fully runed and put the rest in prec.
Unknown2012-01-23 00:11:46
Without the bonus mental affs to eat focus balance from BM's two swings, it's gonna be a lot harder to land the Paradigm kill against anyone with good curing. As a PB, you're better off going max prec, which will let you open with an assault tendon against noob robes, or a decent chance to get one on the second assault against good splendours.

Your ability to get the insane combo of str and dex lets you really wreck things compared to other warriors, because you're far more likely to get either partial or full penetration on stance/parry due to the big dex difference, and with your +15/15/15 from forging runes not factoring arti bonus, you're going to have very high overall wound output. A shame about the glass chin issue though, but tradeoffs have to happen unless you're aslaran.
Ixion2012-01-23 00:23:55
Forging runes are +10 for 1h, convert for 2h (20/22/10)