Bashing Area Camping

by Unknown

Back to Ideas.

Unknown2012-01-20 06:32:43
I've encountered this here when I was trying to bash. People either seem to camp areas, or run from one to the other, while having already figured out the repop times on areas. This negatively impacts others who are trying to bash as well, especially newer players who haven't been around as long.

Therefore, I think it might help to add a timer to players who have bashed certain areas that would stop them from bashing the same area for a given amount of time(above the repop time). This will leave repops open to other bashers as well. The same could also help with quests.
Rika2012-01-20 06:35:35
Nothing stops someone else from just coming in and bashing it too. It's not really possible to "camp" in most bashing areas because you can't kill people to make them leave.
Unknown2012-01-20 06:49:47
Have to agree with Rika on this.

Just.... I dunno. Keep checking different areas, I guess. There is -never- a shortage of things to bash. Seriously.
Turnus2012-01-20 06:50:09
rika:

Nothing stops someone else from just coming in and bashing it too. It's not really possible to "camp" in most bashing areas because you can't kill people to make them leave.

Can't you? Most of the best areas enemy for bashing there.
Rika2012-01-20 06:55:14
If they're camping the area to bash it, that means they're enemied too so all you have to do is get your buddies to drive them out again. This doesn't happen much in Lusternia because it'd eventually end up with nobody having a fun time.

There are also heaps of areas that are worthwhile to bash that don't enemy and aren't off prime.
Turnus2012-01-20 06:57:24
I don't really think things need to be changed there to clarify. We're getting tons of new bashing areas, and the playerbase isn't really growing much at all.
Enyalida2012-01-20 07:31:05
Yeah. The only area that gets 'camped' is Catacombs. Prime ganking territory for people who feel the need to do that. Avoid that one area and you're golden. Some of the areas that enemy don't even enemy you to the area, which means you aren't free-pk there. The Moors are like this.

I agree on the number of bashing areas, though 'lately' some of the classic midbie bashing areas have been upgraded in difficulty. The Moors went through a periodic series of such jumps in difficulty, but the moors still remain pretty prime midbie bashing.

EDIT:Yes, we have figured the repop times on areas... it's approx. an hour on all areas. Alternately, you can just hold on to corpses and when they decay, that area has repoped. Also, yes, we run from area to area when they go back up! Most people will leave an area more or less alone if you're there bashing away though. My favorite circut to do when I'm feeling bashy is Rocs-> Moors -> Asylum -> Kryden Valik -> Hyfae -> repeat. This generally takes about enough time for them to come back so I can bash them again. I threw in Rocs there to take up time for this to happen, hehe.
Unknown2012-01-21 13:23:43
What is of greater concern is that the new bashing areas being produced are skewed towards one side of the game and gimps the rest out (divinus/excoro).
Calixa2012-01-21 16:56:18
What would be nice is that areas like the UV tunnels get a faster respawn rate based on how fast it is being hunted empty. Quick way to do that is multiply respawn rates by how many people are active. There are more complicated ways of implementing variable respawns which are more balanced, of course. It also seems fairer now that spawning mobs have only little gold. But it would make events like greathunts more about who can really hunt the fastest and less about who can be up during the quiet hours (I always am, so that's not bias).
Rika2012-01-21 20:21:31
It is not very often that you will find the UV empty, simply because of its size. If it is a Great Hunt, that problem exists anywhere good, and the UV will still be one of the more resistant areas.
Ardmore2012-01-21 23:56:39
I would benefit greatly from this.
Eritheyl2012-01-22 02:07:58
I've seen the tunnels empty at least four times in just the past three days :/
Calixa2012-01-22 16:51:25
^ This. Basically if two good Demis are down there, area gets cleared. Seen it with Ixion / Munsia, and seen it with Lothringen + someone else from Glom who's name escapes me now.

As a nearly-Titan, I can clear a quarter when I am fully alone there, lately even with a bit of a second quarter added to that, which I think I thank to the TF I have running.
Unknown2012-02-10 14:18:22
I've only been able to hunt the mobs in Ethereal Glomdoring one time the entire time I've been playing, and that was at like 6 AM CST. I think people have them on a bashing loop, which leaves out other players who'd like to get essence for power as well.

I think that random repop times on some of the most bashed mobs could work. It would allow more players to have access to Lusternia's regular and essence bashing. You'd just have to be sure to make it random in a way that no player could notice a pattern. Players do that fairly easily. Metagaming.
Unknown2012-02-10 14:25:38
Sounds like you're probably just not familiar with how those essence-dropping critters spawn. Ethereal is not the most efficient place to collect essence, that's for sure.
Unknown2012-02-10 15:21:50
I can bash out UV solo. Or get very damn near close to it.
Unknown2012-02-10 15:27:33
Zarquan:

Sounds like you're probably just not familiar with how those essence-dropping critters spawn. Ethereal is not the most efficient place to collect essence, that's for sure.

Ahh, could be! I assumed that they would repop similar to all other bashing mobs. If not, carry on!
Unknown2012-02-10 15:30:53
They don't. You need to do a quest to make them respawn.
Ssaliss2012-02-10 15:49:48
Yeah. Bring in fae to have the ether-critters spawn, and even then in far smaller numbers than their elemental equivalent. :(
Unknown2012-02-10 22:04:38
Odd, that sounds a bit lopsided to me. Anyways, thanks for the info. I'll just start getting essence in elemental planes, then.