Help me spend my iTunes credit?

by Junia

Back to The Real World.

Junia2012-01-08 22:30:00
Hi! So I've got some credit in iTunes that has been sitting there for ages now. Usually I listen to audiobooks when I'm doing my influencing runs but it turns out it's hard to pay attention to a novel while paying attention to the more active parts of a text-based game! Word overload. So I need some new music. I'm crap at picking new music though. So! If you have a favorite song of the moment I'd love to check it out!

I like everything from Gaga to obscure African artists nobody has ever heard of before. Also love instrumental, particularly piano solos. Anything with a really good baseline really. So if you have a song suck in your head, please share!

Thanks!
Ytran2012-01-08 22:59:21
Lawliet2012-01-08 23:06:45
That just reminded me that I have £25 for itunes from a christmas present, really should get around to spending that...
Junia2012-01-09 00:18:51
Aww I forgot about Dream Theater! Haven't listened to them in a while. Good call.
Lawliet2012-01-15 01:51:13
Most the music I've bought has been funny music, some Tim Minchin, Hank Green (Nerdfighters!) and recently Tom Lehrer. Plus of course there's Dr. Horribles sing along blog :P
Ytran2012-01-15 02:00:14
Lawliet:

Tim Minchin

Yes.
Jack2012-01-15 12:36:11
Lawliet:

Most the music I've bought has been funny music, some Tim Minchin, Hank Green (Nerdfighters!) and recently Tom Lehrer. Plus of course there's Dr. Horribles sing along blog :P

If you have a passing acquaintance with Commentary: The Musical!, my signature should look very familiar.

"Joss, that song had no context, it was about itself. That's like breaking the ninth wall."

EDIT: Oh also I've been listening to a cockton of old JSR/JSRF music. It's sad when games released about ten years ago have better songs than most modern electro bands. Eat it, suckers.
Junia2012-01-15 19:55:35
Lawliet:

Hank Green (Nerdfighters!)

French the llama! Another Nerdfighter! DFTBA!!

Also, <3 Dr. Horrible.

Tim Minchin sounds really really familiar. Is he one of the guys like Alex Day and Charlie McDonnell?
Lawliet2012-01-15 20:55:12
Jack:

If you have a passing acquaintance with Commentary: The Musical!, my signature should look very familiar.

I had no idea this existed until just now, I'll probably go buy it/look it up now, thanks!

Junia:

French the llama! Another Nerdfighter! DFTBA!!

Also, <3 Dr. Horrible.

Tim Minchin sounds really really familiar. Is he one of the guys like Alex Day and Charlie McDonnell?

No, he's like... An actual professional :P

Probably best known for this and this.
Jack2012-01-15 22:50:39
His edgier stuff is better, though. This is Minchin's finest, imo.
Ytran2012-01-15 23:19:02