by Unknown

Back to Combat Guide.

Unknown2012-01-03 04:18:53
Sup.

Here's all the shamanism lines.

Cold weather:

The frosty air saps the warmth from your flesh. - strip fire/freeze/etc

Lightburst:

Vadi closes his eyes for a moment and turns towards you, beseeching the sun to shine. A shaft of
warm, golden light falls over you, soothing your body.
Though still shivering, you are no longer frozen solid.
Your body warms up and you stop shivering.
A feeling of comfortable warmth spreads over you.

Vadi closes his eyes for a moment and turns towards you, beseeching the sun to shine. A shaft of
warm, golden light falls over you, soothing your body.
A feeling of comfortable warmth spreads over you.

-cures all freeze levels + fire potion

Claw:

Vadi's fingers curl into talons as he slashes through the air at you. Ephemeral, ghostly claws
materialise, trailing smoke as they rip through your flesh in a spray of warm blood. - stun + damage

Bloom:

Vadi cups his hands before himself, blowing across them toward you. A sweet, cloying fragrance
suddenly surrounds you, enticing your nostrils and causing your mind to wander as you gaze about
vapidly, your vision going blurry.

-dizzy/clumsy + vapors if present

Micro Earthquake:

Vadi stomps his feet on the ground and chants in a guttural tone, sending ripples of power through
the earth.
The sudden tremor sends you sprawling to the ground.

- stun + prone

Mud:

Vadi throws his arms to the sky and makes strange tugging gestures. A great rain falls suddenly from
the sky and turns the soil here into a thick, slippery mud.

You try to move but fall over on the slippery mud. - prone

Bone:

Vadi extends an open hand to you, palm-up, before suddenly clenching it into a fist. You cry out and
crumple as your bones suddenly snap and break with sickening cracks, lances of pain spearing through
your body.
The flesh on your left leg shrivels to the bone.
The flesh on your left arm shrivels to the bone.
The flesh on your right arm shrivels to the bone.

-multiple broken limbs

Quake:

Sidd stomps his feet on the ground and chants in a guttural tone, sending ripples of power through
his demesne.
The sudden tremor sends you sprawling to the ground.

-prone

Frogs:

Vadi thrusts his hands diagonally out and down, chanting in a deep and reverberating tone. The sky
rumbles before turning gray and releasing a rain of poisonous frogs.
A few tiny, brightly coloured frogs land on your skin and their toxic slime seeps into your
bloodstream.

-room charybdon

Root Golem:

Twenty long, thin vines spring up from the ground around a root golem's feet and bind you tightly. - entangle

A root golem rakes one of his wooden limbs across your torso, leaving large bleeding wounds. - bleed

Pressure:

Vadi spreads his arms before him and frowns in concentration. He slowly brings his arms together and
your ears pop as the pressure in your environment increases.
The sudden jump in pressure causes your eardrums to burst open painfully.

-room damage/bleed

Sky:

Vadi tilts his head back, enrapt, lifting his hands in an exulting rush as cool air courses through
the area.
A brief sense of the vastness of the sky overtakes you before cool winds surge beneath you, casting
you flailing into the firmament above.

-airborn

Land:

Vadi crouches low, reaching into the earth and allowing coarse, loamy soil to trickle through his
fingers.
Malarious suddenly digs his nekai weapons into the nearby trees.
The earth about you rumbles before mounds of loose soil burst upward on all sides, enveloping you
and dragging you down. You move with rapid speed through the earth, dragged by some unseen force
before suddenly breaking upward, gasping for air.

-moves you a bunch of rooms

Snowman:

An abominable snowman throws a snowball at you with such force that you go tumbling. - prone

An abominable snowman breathes a freezing mist at you, chilling your bones. - strip fire/freeze/etc

Tornado:

The furious tornado here suddenly buffets you with a gust of wind, sending you flying northwest.

-moves you rooms passively

Freeze:

Sondayga gestures sharply toward you, chanting frosty syllables that ring through the cold air. The temperature about you suddenly plummets to levels unimaginable, freezing your very breath into ice crystals as you clutch fitfully at yourself, scrabbling for warmth that does not come.

-strip fire/freeze/etc

Quicksand:

Vadi crouches low, running his hands along the ground in easy, flowing motions, speaking softly
under his breath. In response, the surface beneath grows turgid, spreading rapidly from him as it
forms a churning mass of quicksand.

You struggle slowly through the quicksand as you move northeastwards. - movement delay

You find it impossible to tumble through the treacherous quicksand. - can't tumble

Death:

Vadi closes his eyes, and pinpoints of deathly black miasma begin to surround him. - start of trance

The deathly black mist continues to build around Vadi. - continues to build

Vadi raises a trembling finger and points directly at you. A swirling miasma of black death descends
from above and wraps tightly around your body, dissipating moments later without effect. - fail, tried to kill

Vadi raises a trembling finger and points directly at you.
A swirling miasma of black death descends over you and all goes dark as you feel the life being
drawn from your flesh. You cannot help but open your mouth to scream as you breathe your very last
breath.
You have been slain by Vadi. - success, kill
Saran2012-01-03 04:20:22
Freeze looks like it needs subarctic temperatures
Unknown2012-01-03 04:24:25
Tried that, I went to snow valley but it wouldn't work there anyway.
Saran2012-01-03 04:52:53
I had temperature -1ish with cloud level 11... can't remember wind. But that got it
Unknown2012-01-03 04:59:52
Cool, got it, should be complete now.
Ayisdra2012-01-03 05:00:04
Freeze seems to be bugged. I had it at 28F and got the 'too warm to freeze' message and yet it froze me (and I had my weatherguard up)

Edit: or not, as above, guess 28F is not 'below freezing' enough then?
Vadi2012-01-03 05:17:30
I'm not certain. I got temperatures down to 3F, minimum, and it wouldn't still freeze - saying it was too warm. Perhaps it was fixed, or depends on something it shouldn't (or we need more precipitation).
Saran2012-01-03 05:30:16
Again, it did not work until I took it into the negative
Ayisdra2012-01-03 05:44:00
Saran:

Again, it did not work until I took it into the negative

Maybe it is taking the freezing point as 0F instead of 32F?
Ytran2012-01-03 05:52:57
Someone confused Celsius and Fahrenheit? :D
Rivius2012-01-03 06:57:08
Thanks for these. Now I don't have to piss off my friendly neighbourhood druid.

Does quake have a different message if you're not in the room but still in the demesne?
Unknown2012-01-03 07:05:46
The second line is all you get.
Arcanis2012-01-03 10:04:59
Unable to Tumble? Choke is definetly balanced now :P

Nice skill though
Raeri2012-01-03 10:24:19
Arcanis:

Unable to Tumble? Choke is definetly balanced now :P

Nice skill though

Might also be able to stack ecology quicksand on top so they can't walk and have to tumble?
Unknown2012-01-03 18:39:31
I agree, stacking bone and crucify makes for easy sacs.

Group combat is group combat, heh.
Unknown2012-01-03 19:17:49
You really should stop saying that, Mr. Super Envoy.
Unknown2012-01-03 19:31:39
Why though, is it wrong? :P

Either you choose to address every thing that can be whored in combination in groups or you don't, I don't think it's particularly fair to complain about one thing while ignoring the rest.

So yes, group combat is group combat!
Unknown2012-01-03 19:40:51
Plenty of things get addressed with respect to group combat, so you already know it to be wrong. If you ignore group combat, the only form of combat that really ever matters, you ignore the majority of what really needs to be balanced to keep the game interesting and fun.

Anyway, thanks for the lines!
Unknown2012-01-03 19:44:43
Zarquan:

Plenty of things get addressed with respect to group combat, so you already know it to be wrong. If you ignore group combat, the only form of combat that really ever matters, you ignore the majority of what really needs to be balanced to keep the game interesting and fun.

Anyway, thanks for the lines!

I agree; nerf balance out TK burst stacking.
Neos2012-01-03 19:59:46
Yay insta freeze curing. :|