To help Manse building

by Jigan

Back to Common Grounds.

Jigan2011-12-10 08:12:04
I have been playing the game of Minecraft recently, and struck upon a thought as I return to Lusternia.

To use Minecraft to assist in building graphical representations of in-game buildings.

The thought I've struck on was to help me visualize (in a way) my manse so I can work on completeing it.

The next thought I've struck on as I type this: A method of helping me refamiliarize with the Basin and where everything is located. One, big map (Lots of work) which allows people to actually wander around and see where things are located.

Just two thoughts, and I wonder if it has been done, and if so, what knowledge have we gained?

:dazed:
Lawliet2011-12-10 09:17:32
Jigan:

I have been playing the game of Minecraft recently, and struck upon a thought as I return to Lusternia.

To use Minecraft to assist in building graphical representations of in-game buildings.

The thought I've struck on was to help me visualize (in a way) my manse so I can work on completeing it.

The next thought I've struck on as I type this: A method of helping me refamiliarize with the Basin and where everything is located. One, big map (Lots of work) which allows people to actually wander around and see where things are located.

Just two thoughts, and I wonder if it has been done, and if so, what knowledge have we gained?

I certainly hope not, that speaks of an insanity not yet found in Lusternia.

That's a crazy idea
Jigan2011-12-10 09:41:57
Insanity, I hope in the form of the idea.

No, I'm not advocating it be added to the game. I'm asking if visualiztion in such a manner would be appreciable in practice.

The whole map of the Basin is the natural evolution of insanity in such form. Probably ill-advised waste of time, but ah well.

Unknown2011-12-10 09:42:53
I've often considered making a model of Hallifax in Minecraft, but realized the 'size' of each room can be so vastly different (and the relations between them physically so vague) that I've had no clue where to start.

And my manse is right out because it loops impossibly >_>
Jigan2011-12-10 09:48:18
That is one thing I would think would be beneficial. Sometimes I keep thinking of rooms as a big square.

Being able to see how they relate to each other would be nice.

Lawliet2011-12-10 13:10:31
So wait, are you asking for someone to make a map-type thing in minecraft or are you asking for someone to make all of Lusternia in minecraft? The first idea is not SO crazy.

If you're just looking for a general visible map thing there's always this.
Jigan2011-12-10 15:55:30
Nein, nein. It is not a request for someone to actually do it.

It's an idea in which I was looking for thoughts on. I know sometimes people do crazy things without telling someone. I know Minecraft is/was popular. Was thinking perhaps someone has already gone down that path. And I wanted to know how it ended, and if they have any input on the ideas themselves. From my point of view, it's logical that creating your stuff in the game, or the maps, would help you see how things correlate. Perhaps, in practice, it isn't.

Tervic2011-12-14 00:37:19
Do it.
Lorina2011-12-15 05:51:19
Omg, I have actually been bored and started on a Celest model. I started at the center, but...I get so side tracked easily...But I think this would be so much fun to see. Nothing hardcore, but maybe we can all hop on a server and tinker with this for fun.
Jack2011-12-19 07:08:30
I endorse the notion of Minecraft Lusternia. I mean, this exists.
Unknown2011-12-20 20:25:58
That's just ridiculous.

:: head explodes ::
Sakr2012-01-16 08:14:11
Jigan, if you're still up for it, lets do it.